IEC 2015

Old Mar 19th 2015, 6:54 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by matt101
I just received my CAL!! and my ACRO form arrived in the post, today has been a good day
That's great! When did you receive your Notice of Receipt (the second letter)?
Old Mar 19th 2015, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BTJ
That's great! When did you receive your Notice of Receipt (the second letter)?
I got mine on the 13th, very soon after payment
Old Mar 19th 2015, 7:15 pm
Frequent Lurker...

thelikelylad is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got my notice of receipt.... really hoping its not a 2 week wait for CAL, can't take the suspense!
Old Mar 19th 2015, 7:21 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thelikelylad
Just got my notice of receipt.... really hoping its not a 2 week wait for CAL, can't take the suspense!
agreed. I just got my notice of payment this morning. Im hoping early next week I get my CAL. Last year my conformation of payment wa sthe day after
Old Mar 19th 2015, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

How much money are you people planning to have when you leave for Canada?

Just asking because I now only have until the 2nd of April to book my flights and i'm still not sure when I'm going but its really down to when I have enough money. I'm hoping to go out with an amount that would keep me covered for a few months in case i struggle getting work, just not really sure how much that would be. I know the CIC ask for $2500, but that seems a scarily low number to be going with

Last edited by matt101; Mar 19th 2015 at 8:05 pm. Reason: Wrong date
Old Mar 19th 2015, 7:55 pm
Frequent Lurker...

How much money are you people planning to have when you leave for Canada?

Just asking because I now only have until the 2nd of May to book my flights and i'm still not sure when I'm going but its really down to when I have enough money. I'm hoping to go out with an amount that would keep me covered for a few months in case i struggle getting work, just not really sure how much that would be. I know the CIC ask for $2500, but that seems a scarily low number to be going with
I'll be planning to take every penny I can. Definitely more than $2500CAD.

Can I ask why you need to book by 2nd May?
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

I'll be planning to take every penny I can. Definitely more than $2500CAD.

Can I ask why you need to book by 2nd May?
Sorry its actually 2nd of April, not May I got it wrong

There was a proof of flights section in the myCIC checklist, that has to be uploaded by that date
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:15 pm
Frequent Lurker...

There was a proof of flights section in the myCIC checklist, that has to be uploaded by that date
Ah ok, didn't realise proof of flights came into it at this stage! Was hoping to hold off on booking them for a while. Is it proof of return flights still? Just given that 2 years is a looong time to plan a return flight
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

That isn't mandatory. The IEC program in the FAQ actually specifically says it's not recommended to make travel plans until you have the LOI. Most people I've read are just including a rough itinerary
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:19 pm
Frequent Lurker...

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
That isn't mandatory. The IEC program in the FAQ actually specifically says it's not recommended to make travel plans until you have the LOI. Most people I've read are just including a rough itinerary
That makes much more sense to me, stressful times.

Just out of curiosity do people normally have the return leg booked as proof or do they just hope that proof of funds is proof enough that you can get a flight home? Obviously different this year given its 2 years but still curious
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

That makes much more sense to me, stressful times.

Just out of curiosity do people normally have the return leg booked as proof or do they just hope that proof of funds is proof enough that you can get a flight home? Obviously different this year given its 2 years but still curious
It isn't a requirement of the program for the UK to have a return flight booked, merely the additional funds to the $2500 to book one.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Oh awesome, that makes thing so much easier. I really should read more thoroughly
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:22 pm
Frequent Lurker...

It isn't a requirement of the program for the UK to have a return flight booked, merely the additional funds to the $2500 to book one.
This is a question I've wondered for ages! Thanks ChrisBan.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Gavita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all! I want to give an account of how the whole process was for me when I got to Canada so it can give some of you an idea of what to expect.
I flew to Vancouver back in August and I had to go through immigration after I had seen the first set of officers when going through as a visitor. There were two sets of lines. The first was just to get into the immigration part. The second was waiting to see the immigration officers who were going to be issuing the visa. Altogether, it took about 4/5 hours to finally see the officers. Once I went up to the desk, the lady there asked a couple of questions about where I'll be staying etc, and she asked to see my POE. What surprised me was that I wasn't asked to show my proof of funds or my insurance papers. But do not risk it. Have you paperwork ready! Everything they ask in requirements, you should have ready. After reading over the POE, she issued me my visa and stapled it into my passport. I was surprised by how long it actually took. About 10 minutes! After a couple of days of being in Canada, I went to Service Canada and got my SIN issued for the year. That too only took about 10-15 minutes.
So I hope that helps!
Old Mar 19th 2015, 10:24 pm
Frequent Lurker...

Originally Posted by Gavita
Hi all! I want to give an account of how the whole process was for me when I got to Canada so it can give some of you an idea of what to expect.
I flew to Vancouver back in August and I had to go through immigration after I had seen the first set of officers when going through as a visitor. There were two sets of lines. The first was just to get into the immigration part. The second was waiting to see the immigration officers who were going to be issuing the visa. Altogether, it took about 4/5 hours to finally see the officers. Once I went up to the desk, the lady there asked a couple of questions about where I'll be staying etc, and she asked to see my POE. What surprised me was that I wasn't asked to show my proof of funds or my insurance papers. But do not risk it. Have you paperwork ready! Everything they ask in requirements, you should have ready. After reading over the POE, she issued me my visa and stapled it into my passport. I was surprised by how long it actually took. About 10 minutes! After a couple of days of being in Canada, I went to Service Canada and got my SIN issued for the year. That too only took about 10-15 minutes.
So I hope that helps!
+1

Really good to get an actual account

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.