IEC 2015

Old Mar 2nd 2015, 12:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by Brodel
Thanks, I've printed off my bank statement. My mobile bill has my old address on as I never got around it changing it as it was all online and is still my parents address, I've changed it but it wont show on my bill for a while.

I'm a freelancer, so I don't have an official payslip as such but I do have a remittance advice from a company that I invoiced. Do you think that suffice? Otherwise I don't really have any other options.

Edit: I'm guessing that the standard service for the police cirtificate is cutting it a bit fine if the application door opens any day now?
How about something from HMRC, do you have a National Insurance statement or similar?

You don't need a police cert until it opens - a lot of people are waiting to get theirs and then will apply for the express service.

HTH.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
How about something from HMRC, do you have a National Insurance statement or similar?

You don't need a police cert until it opens - a lot of people are waiting to get theirs and then will apply for the express service.

HTH.
No, not with my current address on that is no older than 6 months. I will give them a call when I get a chance. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 1:10 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brodel

Edit: I'm guessing that the standard service for the police cirtificate is cutting it a bit fine if the application door opens any day now?
You can get it now or wait. I went with standard service but from reading what others have said about ACPO time scales, it is taking around 2 weeks for confirmation of receipt of form - they appear to be heavily inundated (surprise surprise).

Worst case - upload a letter of explanation to CIC letting them know your certificate has been sent but has not yet been received, they should give you extra time then to submit.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Still nothing I see, I have been checking a few times a day but never bother on weekends as I assume they don't work on weekends.

Did anyone manage to confirm whether the 72 hour advanced notice rumour was true, or whether it'll be a case of what happened with croatia for the UK?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WildfireV2
Hi all,

Still nothing I see, I have been checking a few times a day but never bother on weekends as I assume they don't work on weekends.

Did anyone manage to confirm whether the 72 hour advanced notice rumour was true, or whether it'll be a case of what happened with croatia for the UK?
France, Germany, Australia and I believe South Korea have all received advance notice so far so I'd say it's unlikely.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

The CIC UK page was last modified today but there is no updates on ChangeDetection.com so I'm thinking they changed something 'behind the scenes' on that page and they're waiting for the right time to 'clip the switch' on the announcement.

I'm holding out for the optimistic thoughts.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David3627
The CIC UK page was last modified today but there is no updates on ChangeDetection.com so I'm thinking they changed something 'behind the scenes' on that page and they're waiting for the right time to 'clip the switch' on the announcement.

I'm holding out for the optimistic thoughts.
Was probably where they've just put in the opening times for Australia Germany and and South Korea for tomorrow
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Basically what it means is if one of the family has received an IEC LOI other family members cannot use that as a means of getting their own document issued.
If they are holders of non visa requiring passports they can accompany but cannot work or study. They usually accompany the IEC LOI holder and get issued visitor records at the Port of Entry. The children can attend school.
Normally very few families do it this way as its hard for the other family member to get a work permit. Most IEC applicants are single due to the age restrictions.
Supporting a family on just one wage can be very hard.
Thanks so much, that makes sense and puts my mind at rest.
Yes I totally understand majority of people do it alone, but we may as well give this a shot seen as LMIAs are hard to come by these days. My partners occupation is classed as semi skilled and we believe his wage will support us.

Only other thing is to whether myself and the children should be mentioned on his IEC app at all?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy1807
Yes I totally understand majority of people do it alone, but we may as well give this a shot seen as LMIAs are hard to come by these days. My partners occupation is classed as semi skilled and we believe his wage will support us.

Only other thing is to whether myself and the children should be mentioned on his IEC app at all?
I don't see why you wouldn't put his family on there apart from 'not lying' to the CIC about his family?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

videomannico is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys , as I've been reading through the forum I've noticed that people that have previously applied for one IEC are entitled to a second 24 month one , great news ! , But does anyone know if they also have to get in the quota for this year or is this separate once live ?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by videomannico
Hey guys , as I've been reading through the forum I've noticed that people that have previously applied for one IEC are entitled to a second 24 month one , great news ! , But does anyone know if they also have to get in the quota for this year or is this separate once live ?
Have to get in the quota
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by David3627
I don't see why you wouldn't put his family on there apart from 'not lying' to the CIC about his family?
It's not about lying, it's whether it not we need our own separate application for a visitor visa.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy1807

Is it asking for family members? If not then no need to declare. UK citizens don't need to apply for visas as they are visa exempt. A work/study permit or visitor records are NOT visas so no need to apply for them if not working or studying. they can apply at the POE for visitor records.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Is it asking for family members? If not then no need to declare. UK citizens don't need to apply for visas as they are visa exempt. A work/study permit or visitor records are NOT visas so no need to apply for them if not working or studying. they can apply at the POE for visitor records.
During the 'identification' questionnaire, it asks

"Do you want to submit an application for a family member?"

Now we put yes, and on looking at the documents we would need, it says me and kids need to provide 'application for visitor visa (temporary resident visa) IMM5257'

Do you think we should select no, and follow your guide as to applying at POE?

And we are all UK citizens by the way.

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:02 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

The Irish Young Professionals and International Co-op categories will open 5 March. No further word on Working Holiday category for either Ireland or UK.

International Experience Canada - travel and work in Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.