IEC 2015

Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
scroll down to the "Applicant not accompanied by dependants" part

Date Modified: 2015-01-30

It looks like the days when spouse gets OWP if IEC holder works in skilled occupation are over...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you were never able to get a work permit off the back of an IEC applicant, always had to apply individually
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

To me this reads that you can't take your spouse and kids on an IEC? But I may just be seeing that because I'm a tad stressed. Can anyone see it from another point of view?
When we have created My CIC account, and began the application to find out what documents we would need, it has allowed spouse and children on this application as (if I remember correctly) temporary residents.

"Under the IEC program requirements, applicants may not list a dependant or dependants (i.e., spouse or common-law partner and children) on their application to benefit from the IEC program. This means that an applicant and their family members may not benefit from the IEC program as a family unit under one IEC application. However, this does not prevent dependant(s) from submitting their own individual request to come to Canada (e.g., spouse may submit their own application to benefit from the IEC program).

CIC has no specific policy prohibiting spouses and dependants of IEC participants from joining them in Canada. However, the spouse and dependant(s) must be admissible to Canada based on their own merits. Family members will have to answer the Come to Canada Wizard questions for themselves and have their own MyCIC account.

Likewise, the children of an IEC participant are not eligible to obtain a study permit by virtue of the participant’s IEC application. They must submit their own application for a study permit if they intend to study in Canada."

This is specifically what's troubling me.

Last edited by Amy1807; Mar 2nd 2015 at 6:49 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you were never able to get a work permit off the back of an IEC applicant, always had to apply individually
You were able to, as mentioned above. But only if the IEC holder got a skilled job.

HTH.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You were able to, as mentioned above. But only if the IEC holder got a skilled job.

HTH.
Sorry, my bad. Even for the UK?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy1807
To me this reads that you can't take your spouse and kids on an IEC? But I may just be seeing that because I'm a tad stressed. Can anyone see it from another point of view?
When we have created My CIC account, and began the application to find out what documents we would need, it has allowed spouse and children on this application as (if I remember correctly) temporary residents.
From my reading of it (although it's hard to say for sure without seeing it in context or the whole link), it doesn't look as though that's changed. Dependants of IEC holders have always needed their own status (e.g. Study permit or visitor visa) but can accompany if they have that.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Sorry, my bad. Even for the UK?
Yep. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...013/ob490A.asp

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 2nd 2015 at 6:50 am. Reason: Doh, wrong link! Need coffee.......
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

From my reading of it (although it's hard to say for sure without seeing it in context or the whole link), it doesn't look as though that's changed. Dependants of IEC holders have always needed their own status (e.g. Study permit or visitor visa) but can accompany if they have that.
Ok that's what I was confusing the two with! Who knew! Just read the old IEC bulletin too. Guess I never considered it because it wasn't relevant to me. And, considering the general idea of the working holiday, it slightly surprises me that it was that way in the first place rather than the spouse going through their own application. I do wonder how many work permits were offered this way
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

PS the link for this info is here under Applicant not accompanied by dependent tab

International Mobility Program: Canadian interests – Reciprocal employment – International Experience Canada [R205(b)] (exemption code C21)
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

I think I was panicking slightly lol. Like I said when we started the My CIC application for IEC it basically shows him applying for IEC and him applying on our behalf for either temp residents or visitor visa. Will log back in, have another look and do a bit more research.
I read that link as I would have to apply for IEC, or have a job with a LMIA etc. and the children wouldn't be eligible for school.
Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to be a pest, but do you think we should apply for TRV separately from the IEC application? Due to what is said above?
Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry to be a pest, but do you think we should apply for TRV separately from the IEC application? Due to what is said above?
Thanks
You wouldn't need a TRV as you're a UK citizen presumably, so visa exempt? Your kids will need study permits though won't they? That's not changed, they've always needed study permits if the parent is on an IEC I think?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Basically what it means is if one of the family has received an IEC LOI other family members cannot use that as a means of getting their own document issued.
If they are holders of non visa requiring passports they can accompany but cannot work or study. They usually accompany the IEC LOI holder and get issued visitor records at the Port of Entry. The children can attend school.
Normally very few families do it this way as its hard for the other family member to get a work permit. Most IEC applicants are single due to the age restrictions.
Supporting a family on just one wage can be very hard.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

I have a quick question regarding proof of address for the police certificate. I live in a shared house and none of the bills are in my name, my mobile bill and bank statements are all electronic so I'm having a tricky time finding suitable documents to send.

I have a small amount of money invested via an investment company and they sent me a letter in November. Do you think that would be suitable?
I also have one generic letter from Nationwide Building Society telling me about a new current account, and one letter from the council informing me about a house inspection that we are having soon. These are both from Feb 2015 and the FAQ on the police website says the letters should ideally be from different months. Does anyone know which two might be the most suitable to send?

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Brodel
I have a quick question regarding proof of address for the police certificate. I live in a shared house and none of the bills are in my name, my mobile bill and bank statements are all electronic so I'm having a tricky time finding suitable documents to send.

I have a small amount of money invested via an investment company and they sent me a letter in November. Do you think that would be suitable?
I also have one generic letter from Nationwide Building Society telling me about a new current account, and one letter from the council informing me about a house inspection that we are having soon. These are both from Feb 2015 and the FAQ on the police website says the letters should ideally be from different months. Does anyone know which two might be the most suitable to send?

Thanks
Your letters won't suffice, but just print out an electronic bank statement or mobile phone bill, that would be fine.

HTH.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Your letters won't suffice, but just print out an electronic bank statement or mobile phone bill, that would be fine.

HTH.
Thanks, I've printed off my bank statement. My mobile bill has my old address on as I never got around it changing it as it was all online and is still my parents address, I've changed it but it wont show on my bill for a while.

I'm a freelancer, so I don't have an official payslip as such but I do have a remittance advice from a company that I invoiced. Do you think that suffice? Otherwise I don't really have any other options.

Edit: I'm guessing that the standard service for the police cirtificate is cutting it a bit fine if the application door opens any day now?

Last edited by Brodel; Mar 2nd 2015 at 12:21 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.