IEC 2015

Old Dec 22nd 2014, 8:51 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by ChrisBan

British women? All the decent ones are taken
Totally untrue
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Totally untrue
Probably going for the wrong type. I haven't had any luck finding someone to date in England since 2006/2007
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Has everyone here sorted their forms etc independently, or has anyone had assistance from an organization with their application? I'm just wondering if going through someone like BUNAC might be worth it, for the sake of being sure all documents are in order and having some contacts on arrival to help with work etc?
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brodel
Has everyone here sorted their forms etc independently, or has anyone had assistance from an organization with their application? I'm just wondering if going through someone like BUNAC might be worth it, for the sake of being sure all documents are in order and having some contacts on arrival to help with work etc?
Absolutely don't waste your money on those organisations. You'll have more luck finding work yourself, direct with a company or through an agency. The documents for IEC are the easiest to fill out, any questions you have either ask here or elsewhere for free and you'll get the answer ten times quicker.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Absolutely don't waste your money on those organisations. You'll have more luck finding work yourself, direct with a company or through an agency. The documents for IEC are the easiest to fill out, any questions you have either ask here or elsewhere for free and you'll get the answer ten times quicker.
I'm a little lost as to how prepared it's possible to be at this point. The IEC guide on the Canadian gov website only seems to mention that you need to check that your passport is valid, and that you have a resume that is in the format they outline on the website.

I've seen quite a few mentions of signed photographs and police checks on these forums though?

Does the first come first served concept of submitting literally come down to sitting at the computer waiting to click submit when the clocks strikes 12?

Apologies if these are all very basic questions, feel free to tell me to find out elsewhere.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Valid points on both sides. But yes. Maybe a topic for a different thread. One I would definitely find interesting to explore though.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm a little lost as to how prepared it's possible to be at this point. The IEC guide on the Canadian gov website only seems to mention that you need to check that your passport is valid, and that you have a resume that is in the format they outline on the website.

I've seen quite a few mentions of signed photographs and police checks on these forums though?

Does the first come first served concept of submitting literally come down to sitting at the computer waiting to click submit when the clocks strikes 12?

Apologies if these are all very basic questions, feel free to tell me to find out elsewhere.
Signed photos are for the UK police check that you need to submit as part of your application. There's not really much else to have prepared, other than a few thoughts about your plans in Canada. But yes, first come first served is pretty much how you describe it.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Signed photos are for the UK police check that you need to submit as part of your application. There's not really much else to have prepared, other than a few thoughts about your plans in Canada. But yes, first come first served is pretty much how you describe it.
Ah ok. That's one of the things that made me think it might be good to apply through BUNAC or someone similar. I'd imagine they have some kind of automated system to apply as quickly as possible once the doors open. I'm assuming they fill up very quickly?
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 12:08 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ok. That's one of the things that made me think it might be good to apply through BUNAC or someone similar. I'd imagine they have some kind of automated system to apply as quickly as possible once the doors open. I'm assuming they fill up very quickly?
BUNAC will not get you the visa, they no longer get any of the visas assigned to them (previous to 2011 they did).

The only thing BUNAC can assist with is finding work, group flights and helping you set up your SIN, bank account etc - all thinbgs you can do yourself without spending hundreds and hundreds on.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

You used to have to apply through BUNAC, there was no other choice. Then things changed in 2011, where you could do either and gradually permit allocation was phased out for 3rd party organisations. IMO, organisations like BUNAC are now a complete waste of money. Even the group flights from what I've read are no longer any good, over priced and no guarantee that there's actually a group on there. Help with jobs? They literally print of ads from craigslist. You're honestly better registering with a recruitment agency, they'll do a better job at getting you a job.

BUNAC will not get you the visa, they no longer get any of the visas assigned to them (previous to 2011 they did).

The only thing BUNAC can assist with is finding work, group flights and helping you set up your SIN, bank account etc - all thinbgs you can do yourself without spending hundreds and hundreds on.
Agreed, the SIN process is a piece of cake as is the bank account.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Guys just to stop me from banging my head off the wall

When we apply very first stage, I dont remember uploading anything, someone mentioned a resume, is this not after once we get a CAL. I used to have lots of screenshots taken on my phone, but I lost it
Also I was going to get my PoliceCert sent off today, Dentist went back to Ireland for the Christmas and New Year this morning. So that's not happening.

Is it just us they need basically there is no uploading just to open it and complete kompass account on the day, is it after we have CAL is it then they need these documents ?

Thanks alot
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 1:57 pm
Bex in the city

I would wait and get police cert sent off early January - they arnt going to be processing anything over holidays
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

I would wait and get police cert sent off early January - they arnt going to be processing anything over holidays
Yeah that is true becki, they will be to busy celebrating there Christmas Parties with the extra cash that people send them with these things.
Thats my take on where the non refundable money goes to anyway lol
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

pitt is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't find anybody in the UK to sign my police certificate. Should I send it to a friend abroad to sign it?
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pitt
I can't find anybody in the UK to sign my police certificate. Should I send it to a friend abroad to sign it?
The photos? There isn't anyone on that list you know? Are you working, a manager that has known you for 2 years for example?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.