IEC 2014 Question

Old Nov 16th 2013, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

asadlittlepanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC 2014 Question

Hi everybody!

I'm planning to go to Canada in January and visit family friends/travel. I am also considering applying for the IEC and wondered if anyone could confirm if it is possible to do this while outside your country of residence (in my case, uk)
Old Nov 16th 2013, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014 Question

What makes you think you will be given a different answer in this thread as opposed to your confused traveller thread? Its the same question so the same answers.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Because this is a different question?

My original question was if I could travel on a one-way ticket, this question is can I apply for an IEC while in Canada.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asadlittlepanda
Because this is a different question?

My original question was if I could travel on a one-way ticket, this question is can I apply for an IEC while in Canada.
Yes you can apply for the IEC in Canada but the big question is will you be able to as you have dual intent that is to visit and work. On arriving in Canada it will be the decision of the CBSA officer if to admit you based on a number of factors as given in my answer on the other thread.
Because you intend to work at the time of entry you are technically in violation of the Act as you don't hold the require documents to work and there is no guarantee you will be issued those documents.
Will you have a return ticket?
Some have been successful in doing this and others have been refused entry.
Why not wait till you receive the Letter of Acceptance to the IEC. You have 12 months to activate the work permit so then you could come in as a visitor and show that you have been accepted and get the work permit at a later date as opposed to taking a big risk in the way you want to do it?
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes you can apply for the IEC in Canada but the big question is will you be able to as you have dual intent that is to visit and work. On arriving in Canada it will be the decision of the CBSA officer if to admit you based on a number of factors as given in my answer on the other thread.
Because you intend to work at the time of entry you are technically in violation of the Act as you don't hold the require documents to work and there is no guarantee you will be issued those documents.
Will you have a return ticket?
Some have been successful in doing this and others have been refused entry.
Why not wait till you receive the Letter of Acceptance to the IEC. You have 12 months to activate the work permit so then you could come in as a visitor and show that you have been accepted and get the work permit at a later date as opposed to taking a big risk in the way you want to do it?
I have a return ticket, for 3 months after arriving (got my flight changed, from the previous thread!). The reason I'm travelling when I am is because the IEC is not my reason for visiting, that time of year is what suits my friends i am staying with. I may wait and do it another year, apply for the programme from here in the UK. I have 8 more years to apply!

Last edited by asadlittlepanda; Nov 17th 2013 at 12:26 am.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by asadlittlepanda
I have a return ticket, for 3 months after arriving (got my flight changed, from the previous thread!). The reason I'm travelling when I am is because the IEC is not my reason for visiting, that time of year is what suits my friends i am staying with. I may wait and do it another year, apply for the programme from here in the UK. I have 8 more years to apply!
Well in that case you will be fine providing not inadmissible for criminality.
Print off a copy of the flight details, have your friends address and contact number written down and you will be ok.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well in that case you will be fine providing not inadmissible for criminality.
Print off a copy of the flight details, have your friends address and contact number written down and you will be ok.
My dad is a police officer, my mum works in a jail. If i had criminality I'd probably be in a LOT of trouble and never allowed to leave the house again. I'll have that information, also gonna have my bank statement, insurance information and a copy of my prescription and hospital letter (i take medication for a long term health conditions, i'll be travelling with 3 months worth so thought that'd be wise).

Thanks for all your help, you're a legend!