IEC 2014 Instructions

Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:23 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC 2014 Instructions

Hi

CIC/CHC has announced the processing instructions for IEC for 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...013/ob490A.asp

Items of note:

1. Processing time of 8 weeks. 2weeks for assessment, 6 weeks for processing.
2. Conditional acceptance letter valid for 3 months only.
3. Processing of the following eight countries will be done centrally: Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and United Kingdom. GCMS will assign IEC applicants from these eight countries, only, to Centralized Processing Region (CPR) based on citizenship regardless of country of residence.
4. Citizens of the above 8 countries will have to contact the Query Response Centre, rather than the local visa offices.
5. Upfront medicals will be allowed.
6. Appendix A of the OB lists which countries require police certificates
7. Work permits for spouses of IEC participants

Spouses of foreign nationals cannot obtain an open work permit under the “Public policy, competitiveness and economy R205(c)(ii)” (Labour Market Opinion (LMO) exemption C41, see FW 1, Section 5.38), unless they can meet the following eligibility requirements:

The principal foreign worker must be doing work which falls within NOC Skill Levels 0, A or B;
The principal foreign worker must hold a work permit that is valid for a period of at least six months;
The principal foreign worker and spouse must physically reside, or plan to physically reside, in Canada while working.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014 Instructions

Thanks for posting that PMM.

It's good that they're telling people about the changes well in advance, particularly with the reduced duration of the LOA as that will no doubt affect some peoples plans. And I bet those that waited and have only just activated their IECs won't be happy about having to use the second one well before the first has expired!
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I have never understood those applying and being accepted waiting so long to activate their IEC unless doing seasonal work e.g. winter related work or summer.
Interesting that the conditional letter of acceptance is only for 3 months.
Those who do bring spouses/common laws over I can see an increase in flag pollings once their partner gets a job in the NOC skill levels 0, A and B.
Those Central Processing Regions are going to be busy
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I have never understood those applying and being accepted waiting so long to activate their IEC unless doing seasonal work e.g. winter related work or summer.
Don't you remember being 18 and skint and having to save for months for something?!
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Don't you remember being 18 and skint and having to save for months for something?!
Nope I joined the British Army and had a job by the time I was 18
I do see your point and to think CIC thinks you only need $2500 to survive for 3 months while you try to find a job.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:54 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the reasoning for that. Let's hope they release the permits later as I activated my visa at the end of July... I would be very mad if I got a letter in Feb..
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cbrown89

What is the reasoning for that. Let's hope they release the permits later as I activated my visa at the end of July... I would be very mad if I got a letter in Feb..
Look at the processing times highly unlikely you would be getting a letter in February unless they open it up in December.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:28 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

I was speculating.

Did they not open IEC 2 years ago in Dec/Jan.

I am guessing this year was delayed due to online system
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89

Just for clarification... I think that the Conditional Acceptance Letter 3 month limit is only for the part inbetween applying through Kompass & applying for the work permit part through CIC.

That is... Once you actually get everything ready to go at the end of the process, the visa will be valid for activation for a whole year, as before.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 11:27 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Just for clarification... I think that the Conditional Acceptance Letter 3 month limit is only for the part inbetween applying through Kompass & applying for the work permit part through CIC.

That is... Once you actually get everything ready to go at the end of the process, the visa will be valid for activation for a whole year, as before.
Hmmm well pointed out... I hope!
Old Oct 16th 2013, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to see info coming out early.

we are activitating my first ones next week, I am 28 and my partner is 30 so by next year only i will be eligable.

thankfully i am going into a Skill level B job so it looks like it will not be a problem next year with clarification on the spousal permits but hopefully by then though will be well through a PNP app.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 7:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris
Good to see info coming out early.

we are activitating my first ones next week, I am 28 and my partner is 30 so by next year only i will be eligable.

thankfully i am going into a Skill level B job so it looks like it will not be a problem next year with clarification on the spousal permits but hopefully by then though will be well through a PNP app.
Provided the application is submitted and approved prior to your partners 31st birthday, they will be able to obtain a 2nd year.
"... 3. My IEC application has been approved, but I will soon turn 31. Do I have to enter Canada before my birthday? Will my birthday limit the validity of my work permit?

No to both questions. Your Letter of Introduction is valid for presentation at a Canadian port of entry for one year from the date of issue and is not affected if you turn 31 within its validity period... "
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...faq.aspx#uk1-2

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know with regards to item 6: I lived in Spain for around 6 months. Annex A says you don't need a police certificate from Spain, but is that for people applying from Spain rather than the UK do you think?
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 10:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leaf25
Does anyone know with regards to item 6: I lived in Spain for around 6 months. Annex A says you don't need a police certificate from Spain, but is that for people applying from Spain rather than the UK do you think?
Police certificates are required for all countries where the applicant has lived more than six months since attaining the age of 18 so if you lived continuously in Spain for more than 6 months, you will need a police certificate from there as well as from the UK.

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for clarifying Siouxie. I suppose going back to the UK for a long weekend or a weeks holiday during the 6 months doesn't make any difference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.