IEC 2014 Instructions

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 11:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014 Instructions

Originally Posted by Leaf25
Thanks for clarifying Siouxie. I suppose going back to the UK for a long weekend or a weeks holiday during the 6 months doesn't make any difference?
It would depend on how long the breaks were for and how long you were in Spain - it does say "where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18"

Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

AOGT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
2. Conditional acceptance letter valid for 3 months only.
Hi, sorry for my ignorance on this, but does this mean that we have to ENTER Canada within 3 months of the acceptance letter?

I got to Canada on IEC in June 2013, was going to stay here until May 2014, home to UK for a few months, then back to Canada in November 2014 for a further year.

My plan won't work, will it?

Thanks for any help
Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Applicants are still required to initiate their participation by submitting the IEC participation eligibility assessment (stage 1) through Kompass. Once clients are conditionally accepted for participation, they will be directed, in the Conditional Acceptance Letter, to submit their work permit application to CIC using MyCIC. The Conditional Acceptance Letter will be valid for three (3) months only.

If no work permit application has been received prior to the expiry of the Conditional Acceptance Letter, the person will no longer hold a place in the IEC country or recognized organization quota. If a work permit application is received after the expiry of the IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter, CIC will refuse the application on the basis of not meeting program requirements (they are no longer conditionally accepted).

Basically if you don't apply to CIC within the 3 months then its not valid. The letters of acceptance will still be valid for 12 months once CIC issue the work permit and activate the TWP at a Port of Entry.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Applicants are still required to initiate their participation by submitting the IEC participation eligibility assessment (stage 1) through Kompass. Once clients are conditionally accepted for participation, they will be directed, in the Conditional Acceptance Letter, to submit their work permit application to CIC using MyCIC. The Conditional Acceptance Letter will be valid for three (3) months only.

If no work permit application has been received prior to the expiry of the Conditional Acceptance Letter, the person will no longer hold a place in the IEC country or recognized organization quota. If a work permit application is received after the expiry of the IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter, CIC will refuse the application on the basis of not meeting program requirements (they are no longer conditionally accepted).

Basically if you don't apply to CIC within the 3 months then its not valid. The letters of acceptance will still be valid for 12 months once CIC issue the work permit and activate the TWP at a Port of Entry.
Riiiiight, I getcha. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it I thought it might have been referring to having to enter Canada within 3 months of the LOE being issued (which was my fear).
Old Oct 25th 2013, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Re Kompass accounts, do we use the same one that we used for IEC 2013 to apply for IEC 2014? Cheers.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AOGT
Re Kompass accounts, do we use the same one that we used for IEC 2013 to apply for IEC 2014? Cheers.
Sorry to bump, but any ideas on the above?

Also, with criminal background checks, mine was originally issued in the UK in Dec 2012. If I want to reapply to IEC for next year, do I contact the same UK ACPO people and simply request a further check? I know I need to get one from Canada too.

Thanks, apologies if the above questions are daft.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Also, with criminal background checks, mine was originally issued in the UK in Dec 2012. If I want to reapply to IEC for next year, do I contact the same UK ACPO people and simply request a further check? I know I need to get one from Canada too.

CIC will release details on how to submit applications for the 2014 IEC.
For UK Police Certificates
If you live inside or outside the United Kingdom, you must apply through the Criminal Records Office of the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO).
For Canadian ones consult the RCMP website
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm
Old Oct 30th 2013, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

You said you know you need to get a Canadian police cert to reapply for IEC? Why is that?

I think I asked if we need one a while back on this forum and was told that we don't need to get a Canadian one but need to for all other countries that we have lived in for other 6 months.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Katec19
Hey

You said you know you need to get a Canadian police cert to reapply for IEC? Why is that?

I think I asked if we need one a while back on this forum and was told that we don't need to get a Canadian one but need to for all other countries that we have lived in for other 6 months.
Hi. I thought we had to have a police cert for every country we've lived in for more than six months. So, for myself it's the UK and Canada (as I've been here on IEC since June, and it'll be six months once the application re-open).

Anyone else view this differently? I've just come back from the local cop shop (in Vancouver) and they've advised me that it will cost $60 for the fingerprinting services which form part of the Canadian police check. Plus, the cost for the UK police check (£45).
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah it's super expensive - I live in New Zealand and have to hire a canadian company to digitise my fingerprints (my partner did this recently and it costed a lot!)

Anyway, I asked the question on the forum a while ago and was advised by someone else who had been in this situation in the past and was told that it's every country we have lived in for 6 months or more excluding Canada. I'll see if I can find the post.

I looked up the CIC website and all I can find is an FAQ that says for PR you will be advised if you need a Canada one. I am going to assume that if they don't want police certs from Canada for people going for PR, then they won't want it from IEC applicants who are only staying for a year. So at this stage, I am not going to submit a Canadian Police Cert (if I make it through the first stage and even get to CIC) unless I am told otherwise by CIC.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Found it: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...8#post10862628
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Katec19
Yeah it's super expensive - I live in New Zealand and have to hire a canadian company to digitise my fingerprints (my partner did this recently and it costed a lot!)

Anyway, I asked the question on the forum a while ago and was advised by someone else who had been in this situation in the past and was told that it's every country we have lived in for 6 months or more excluding Canada. I'll see if I can find the post.

I looked up the CIC website and all I can find is an FAQ that says for PR you will be advised if you need a Canada one. I am going to assume that if they don't want police certs from Canada for people going for PR, then they won't want it from IEC applicants who are only staying for a year. So at this stage, I am not going to submit a Canadian Police Cert (if I make it through the first stage and even get to CIC) unless I am told otherwise by CIC.
Hi Kate,

Thanks for the link. I'm inclined to do what you're doing actually and wait for CIC to prompt me (if I need a Canadian one). I'll just work on the UK one for the time being.

Thanks
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

All good. I think that's best as they will see that you have lived in Canada because of your CV that you submit also.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 4:22 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

You don't need to submit a Canadian one unless they explicitly ask for one.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 10:41 am
Just Joined

sugarfus is an unknown quantity at this point

Regarding the criminal record checks from other countries - does anyone know if they need to be translated into English?
I've been living in the UK for five years but am a German citizen. The German office where I get the criminal records doesn't offer them in English and translating them would just add on even more money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.