IEC 2014

Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:27 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by cbrown89
And the end of the day (and the beginning) there is no harm in putting references on. More information (that is relevant) the better. Don't make it too cluttered though.
Ok that's cool, I might send the original one then...if I hopefully get that far.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
But by UK law you state common law doesn't exist. Id put single. when you come to apply for CL later on then you have to prove to CIC that you meet the CL requirements i.e. cohabitation for minimum of 12 months which obviously you will be able to do.
They are asking for your status in Ireland or the UK not Canada.
Ok I see, thanks for that. Last minute nerves kicking in here!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
You too I'm getting a bottle of wine ready so either way of the result I can get drunk! Haha! I know thee are another 2 chances but if I don't get in tomorrow (seeing as it's a perfect days for me and I'm ready) then it's not meant to be and I've off to NZ!
Hahahaha, I just need to make sure I don't get to drunk and sleep past 3 NZ is also my second choice, Its supposed to be amazing its just the flight money that is daunting.
Let me know how you get on
Old Dec 11th 2013, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are considered common-law under Canadian regulations for immigration, so yes, you should tick that box.

That would have been my initial understanding, before FL persuaded me otherwise. Hmm...
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IrishGuyAbroad
That would have been my initial understanding, before FL persuaded me otherwise. Hmm...
I wouldn't worry which box you tick as its a difference in interpretation and would only be important where there is some kind of misrepresentation. Ticking either won't make a difference as its for an IEC work permit and not for PR status as this is where it would make a huge difference as to being accepted or looking at misrepresentation.
Forum Regular

Skitom is an unknown quantity at this point

I missed out last year after applying in round 2 and 3. Hopefully the website will be better. Literally sent off for my new passport last week, and saw this come online but managed to get my new passport back in under half a week!

Need to get my police check done, though there is no mention of that on the IEC website as there was the previous years. So literally tomorrow is passport copy, and CV, and then once you get accepted they will tell you what you need and give you time to send of for the new police check? I thought they lasted for a year? but It seems to read here they accepted them no older than 3 months?

Thanks
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IrishGuyAbroad
Here is my take on it.

It's a Canadian form using Canadian laws and regulations.

Under CIC immigration regulations, you are deemed common-law if you have resided 'as if married / in a marriage like relationship' for a period of more than 12 months.

As such, and bearing in mind that this is a generic form and thus is used for all applications from most countries (if you look at the link I put down earlier, it's for Latvia and has the same form) I believe you should tick the box for common law.

Put it this way, if you said you were not common law on the IEC form and then one of you applies for PR or a TWP and makes note of you being their common-law partner, CIC will more than likely disallow it on the grounds that you stated you were NOT common law on an official CIC document. If you said that you put down you were not (when you were classed as common law in Canada) but really were (under Canadian rules) then you could be refused for misrepresentation.

Although it may not be a legal term in the UK, why do they have it as an option on the form if they don't classify you under Canadian regulations?
"... What does the Government of Canada consider to be a common-law relationship?

You may apply to sponsor a common-law partner, of the opposite sex or the same sex. If so, you have to prove you have been living with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months in a relationship like a marriage... "
Definition of common-law relationships, Immigration Regulations:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...age-1.html#h-1
"... 1. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in the Act and in these Regulations.

“common-law partner”

“common-law partner” means, in relation to a person, an individual who is cohabiting with the person in a conjugal relationship, having so cohabited for a period of at least one year... "
It is, of course, up to you.

Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Here is my take on it.

It's a Canadian form using Canadian laws and regulations.

Under CIC immigration regulations, you are deemed common-law if you have resided 'as if married / in a marriage like relationship' for a period of more than 12 months.

As such, and bearing in mind that this is a generic form and thus is used for all applications from most countries (if you look at the link I put down earlier, it's for Latvia and has the same form) I believe you should tick the box for common law.

Put it this way, if you said you were not common law on the IEC form and then one of you applies for PR or a TWP and makes note of you being their common-law partner, CIC will more than likely disallow it on the grounds that you stated you were NOT common law on an official CIC document. If you said that you put down you were not (when you were classed as common law in Canada) but really were (under Canadian rules) then you could be refused for misrepresentation.

Although it may not be a legal term in the UK, why do they have it as an option on the form if they don't classify you under Canadian regulations?
"... What does the Government of Canada consider to be a common-law relationship?

You may apply to sponsor a common-law partner, of the opposite sex or the same sex. If so, you have to prove you have been living with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months in a relationship like a marriage... "
Definition of common-law relationships, Immigration Regulations:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...age-1.html#h-1
"... 1. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in the Act and in these Regulations.

“common-law partner”

“common-law partner” means, in relation to a person, an individual who is cohabiting with the person in a conjugal relationship, having so cohabited for a period of at least one year... "
It is, of course, up to you.

Im certainly not disagreeing with your rationale. So Im wondering how CIC would deal with a person applying who has a polygamous marriage which is legal in their country but illegal in Canada?
The questions being asked surely relate to the circumstances in their country of application not to how they equate to Canadian law or circumstances. As to how Canada then treats them is a different matter. What if they were married but Canada doesn't recognize the marriage I suspect that they would answer the question as being married as they might be unaware that their marriage is not recognized by Canada
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:36 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im certainly not disagreeing with your rationale. So Im wondering how CIC would deal with a person applying who has a polygamous marriage which is legal in their country but illegal in Canada?
The questions being asked surely relate to the circumstances in their country of application not to how they equate to Canadian law or circumstances. As to how Canada then treats them is a different matter. What if they were married but Canada doesn't recognize the marriage I suspect that they would answer the question as being married as they might be unaware that their marriage is not recognized by Canada
1. 5.42. Simultaneous common-law or conjugal partner relationships with two or more people (polygamous-like relationships)

A common-law or conjugal partner relationship cannot be established with more than one person at the same time. The term “conjugal” by its very nature implies exclusivity and a high degree of commitment; a conjugal relationship cannot exist among more than two people simultaneously. Polygamous-like relationships cannot be considered conjugal and do not qualify as common-law or conjugal partner relationships.

2. A marriage must be legal both in the country where the couple got married and under Canadian federal law i.e. the Marriage (Prohibited Degrees Act) with respect to consanguinity and the Criminal Code with respect to polygamy and bigamy
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

I have used Natwest for my previous applications, that all went well :-)
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to everyone applying tomorrow. I'm glad they put up opening hours as I was planning a 7am rise over here. Let the mayhem began, I think tomorrow could be a record breaking sell out
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:27 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Divvym1
Good luck to everyone applying tomorrow. I'm glad they put up opening hours as I was planning a 7am rise over here. Let the mayhem began, I think tomorrow could be a record breaking sell out
Glad I have an office job!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:21 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Skitom
I missed out last year after applying in round 2 and 3. Hopefully the website will be better.
I hope you don't mind me asking but was that because if the amount of people applying at the same time? That's sucks especially as you tried twice!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:24 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Chris2222
Hahahaha, I just need to make sure I don't get to drunk and sleep past 3 NZ is also my second choice, Its supposed to be amazing its just the flight money that is daunting.
Let me know how you get on
Excellent, finally someone else with the same idea as me - a backup plan lol

You too best of luck
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I hope you don't mind me asking but was that because if the amount of people applying at the same time? That's sucks especially as you tried twice!
The first time (round 2) all I managed was to create an account as the site was slow. And then round 3 my number was past the cut off, by the time I heard back saying I could now pay I had already made plans to get some work with my degree. But it should be better this time, they didn't expect everyone applying at one last year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.