IEC 2014

Old Nov 11th 2014, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

1ns0uc1ant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by BeenTrainingDogs
Hey guys, a few questions...

1. Does anybody have a favourited link to the checklist of things you need to show at the border? I'm sure I saw it in here somewhere before. I tried searching with no luck.

2. I got my POE letter in March this year and will be moving across in mid-to-late January to start my new job (internal transfer within my current company). If IEC2015 starts before then, will the fact I haven't activated my POE letter from 2014 yet affect my application for a 2nd year (UK citizen)?
1) You'll need:
- Bank statement (preferably stamped) within a week of your arrival with proof of funds over $2500
- POE & passport you used to apply to IEC
- Private insurance cover
- Employment offer - this is pretty much your meal ticket since IEC does not need an offer of employment upon applying/activating it. It's a major advantage meaning you can pretty much walk in with no serious interrogation from CBSA

2) Not sure about that one...if it means overlapping your current permit with next year's application then it shouldn't be an issue.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1ns0uc1ant
1) You'll need:

- Employment offer - this is pretty much your meal ticket since IEC does not need an offer of employment upon applying/activating it. It's a major advantage meaning you can pretty much walk in with no serious interrogation from CBSA
You do not need an employment offer.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

1ns0uc1ant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bc2015
You do not need an employment offer.
Maybe you misread. I wrote that it's advantageous to have one, but not necessary
Old Nov 11th 2014, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

BeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you misread. I wrote that it's advantageous to have one, but not necessary
Yeah I can imagine an easier time with a Border Officer so I'll bring it with me.

Thanks all.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 4:45 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No it shouldn't as you are allowed 2 x IEC applications. No guarantee you would get a 2nd one though.
Unless they don't get in in time for the quota (although currently wait list peeps are being asked to submit docs around 8000 now) I fail to see how they won't be allowed their second year...
Old Nov 11th 2014, 4:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify for BeenTrainingDogs, it makes no difference to immigration in the slightest at all if you have a job offer or not when entering with an IEC.

I'm sure you mean that it would be advantageous from the point of view of not having to job hunt and/or saving money, but the way it read was that it had some bearing on the visa requirements or entry at a POE, which obviously it doesn't. So just thought I'd clarify that one!

HTH.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna guess that the answer will be "it opens when it opens" but does anyone have any clue when the quota for 2015 might open, perhaps some rumours or inside info 😉. The last 2 years were mid December of the year before and Not until maybe February of the same year (I believe, could be wrong, the memory is not what it used to be.) So they don't seem to be too uniform.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAY
I'm gonna guess that the answer will be "it opens when it opens" but does anyone have any clue when the quota for 2015 might open, perhaps some rumours or inside info 😉. The last 2 years were mid December of the year before and Not until maybe February of the same year (I believe, could be wrong, the memory is not what it used to be.) So they don't seem to be too uniform.
Inside info says it won't open in November
Personally Id say keep checking the IEC website from mid December on.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

MrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really nice

I'm leaving for Calgary tomorrow. God, do I not need the stress of applying for the next IEC so soon!
Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit of a random question here... How much time in advance do they give you before it opens? Do they let you know a month in advance, or just a few days?
I only ask because I read somewhere that they update the site 24~48 hours before the IEC actually opens, which seems very last-minute to me...
I also read that they're quite vague on the time as well.
It's my first year applying, so I'm quite eager to make sure I get it.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirol
Bit of a random question here... How much time in advance do they give you before it opens? Do they let you know a month in advance, or just a few days?
I only ask because I read somewhere that they update the site 24~48 hours before the IEC actually opens, which seems very last-minute to me...
I also read that they're quite vague on the time as well.
It's my first year applying, so I'm quite eager to make sure I get it.

Yep, it was last minute last year and the year before same deal. Involved a lot of page refreshing, should have got a counter for how many times the page was visited before it opened
Old Nov 13th 2014, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point

But then that makes me worry that I'll miss the bloody thing, or get the wrong page.
Do they add a new page, or is it always this one?
Travel and Work in Canada | Temporary Work Visa For Work Holidays in Canada for Students and Youth | International Experience Canada
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

BeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just to clarify for BeenTrainingDogs, it makes no difference to immigration in the slightest at all if you have a job offer or not when entering with an IEC.

I'm sure you mean that it would be advantageous from the point of view of not having to job hunt and/or saving money, but the way it read was that it had some bearing on the visa requirements or entry at a POE, which obviously it doesn't. So just thought I'd clarify that one!

HTH.
Yeah don't worry I understand that. My question was that I've been sitting with a POE Letter for 8 months while my company fannies about organising a transfer for me, so was wondering if there's a black mark or something against my name for not using the letter yet.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey does anyone know the status of the working holiday Ireland 2014 visa's, because on the website it still says that there are places available on a waiting list. Does that mean I could apply for one of them and potentially get it? I was planning on going for a British visa for 2015, but being from Northern Ireland I could also go for the Irish one.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've been through 100 pages looking for the answer and thought asking it was a better idea. Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirol
But then that makes me worry that I'll miss the bloody thing, or get the wrong page.
Do they add a new page, or is it always this one?
Travel and Work in Canada | Temporary Work Visa For Work Holidays in Canada for Students and Youth | International Experience Canada
Unless there's any drastic change, that is indeed where it'll be posted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.