IEC 2014

Old Oct 23rd 2014, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Burke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sadly not, I'm far too old! I do however, have several years experience in advising people on their best visa options for a licensed immi consultant.

And to me, IEC is the obvious choice for you.

HTH.
Thats a relief!

Any tips from your years of experience? Do's and dont's?
Old Oct 24th 2014, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

MarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really nice

Hey all,

I submitted my CIC application a few days ago - I'm currently on my first one year IEC working holiday visa, which expires very soon. I'm flying back to the UK to see my friends and family and then returning in a couple of weeks.

How long do they take to go through my application and get the visa?

If I don't have it by the time I return to Canada, am I right in assuming I can enter the country still as a visitor and then drive to the border to activate the visa when I get it? Also, I assume I will have to stop working until I get my second visa activated?
Old Oct 24th 2014, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Burke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkyUK
Hey all,

I submitted my CIC application a few days ago - I'm currently on my first one year IEC working holiday visa, which expires very soon. I'm flying back to the UK to see my friends and family and then returning in a couple of weeks.

How long do they take to go through my application and get the visa?

If I don't have it by the time I return to Canada, am I right in assuming I can enter the country still as a visitor and then drive to the border to activate the visa when I get it? Also, I assume I will have to stop working until I get my second visa activated?
How can you have submitted it when the rounds haven't opened yet?
Old Oct 24th 2014, 2:32 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris

Spousal work permits can be done on the IEC (as long as the principal has a Noc O, A, B job!
Really? What proof do they need for the spouse?
Old Oct 24th 2014, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

MarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really niceMarkyUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burke
How can you have submitted it when the rounds haven't opened yet?
The IEC opened in Janurary this year - I got my CAL and now I've sent off everything in my CIC account.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

The IEC opened in Janurary this year - I got my CAL and now I've sent off everything in my CIC account.
I was under the impression that CAL are only valid for 90 days?
Old Oct 24th 2014, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bc2015
I was under the impression that CAL are only valid for 90 days?
Yeah that is correct - I go accepted in the middle of August - I was on the waiting list for a long time
Old Oct 24th 2014, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

1ns0uc1ant is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah that is correct - I go accepted in the middle of August - I was on the waiting list for a long time
Same here, I completely gave up the idea after not meeting the quota back in February, then in June (2 weeks before flying to Sask) the email of conditional acceptance hit my inbox.
That was a whirlwind two months - scrambling for documents and using up cash I saved for the trip for two police checks, but with speed and a truckload of luck I got my POE in August.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 1ns0uc1ant
Same here, I completely gave up the idea after not meeting the quota back in February, then in June (2 weeks before flying to Sask) the email of conditional acceptance hit my inbox.
That was a whirlwind two months - scrambling for documents and using up cash I saved for the trip for two police checks, but with speed and a truckload of luck I got my POE in August.
That's great to hear The hardest part has been getting a police certificate from the UK while living in Canada How long did the CIC take once you had sent everything off?
Old Oct 24th 2014, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

That's great to hear The hardest part has been getting a police certificate from the UK while living in Canada How long did the CIC take once you had sent everything off?
I know how you feel, it took me having to send off for a Kenyan police check (lived there for two years) within the 90 day period of the CAL and finally got it in my computer 3 days before the CAL expired!

Once I had the documents, submitted and received the POE within three weeks. August was a stressful month to say the least. :-)
Old Oct 24th 2014, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 1ns0uc1ant
I know how you feel, it took me having to send off for a Kenyan police check (lived there for two years) within the 90 day period of the CAL and finally got it in my computer 3 days before the CAL expired!

Once I had the documents, submitted and received the POE within three weeks. August was a stressful month to say the least. :-)
Cool thanks a lot - I'm crossing my fingers that I recieve it within the two weeks I'm back in the UK, or else I may have to stop working for a bit >_>'
Old Nov 4th 2014, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

rrichar88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Im aware you can apply for the working holiday visa when you´re not actually in the UK. Then it says use your abroad address. But in my situation, Im backpacking South America. I don´t have an address here and I return to UK possibly in Feb 2015. I dont have any friends in South or Central America which I can use for an address neither. Any idea which address I should use? Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2014, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rrichar88
Hi,
Im aware you can apply for the working holiday visa when you´re not actually in the UK. Then it says use your abroad address. But in my situation, Im backpacking South America. I don´t have an address here and I return to UK possibly in Feb 2015. I dont have any friends in South or Central America which I can use for an address neither. Any idea which address I should use? Thanks
You're better off using the address in the UK. Whatever you would call your permanent domicile
Old Nov 11th 2014, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

BeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, a few questions...

1. Does anybody have a favourited link to the checklist of things you need to show at the border? I'm sure I saw it in here somewhere before. I tried searching with no luck.

2. I got my POE letter in March this year and will be moving across in mid-to-late January to start my new job (internal transfer within my current company). If IEC2015 starts before then, will the fact I haven't activated my POE letter from 2014 yet affect my application for a 2nd year (UK citizen)?
Old Nov 11th 2014, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BeenTrainingDogs
Hey guys, a few questions...

1. Does anybody have a favourited link to the checklist of things you need to show at the border? I'm sure I saw it in here somewhere before. I tried searching with no luck.

2. I got my POE letter in March this year and will be moving across in mid-to-late January to start my new job (internal transfer within my current company). If IEC2015 starts before then, will the fact I haven't activated my POE letter from 2014 yet affect my application for a 2nd year (UK citizen)?
No it shouldn't as you are allowed 2 x IEC applications. No guarantee you would get a 2nd one though.
basically you need the LOI letter issued by CIC, insurance that includes repatriation coverage and proof of a minimum of $2500 Cad funds which can be cash or bank account statement dated no more than 7 days.
Travel and Work in Canada | Frequently Asked Questions From the United Kingdom Students and Youth About Travel and Work in Canada | International Experience Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.