IEC 2014

Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by hamazz
were travelling hopefully end of august on first year iec, anyone travelling with children? or know from what age we need to apply for a study permit for them? any idea if we need or how much extra funds we need to show?

hamazz
What citizenships do you all hold? If visa exempt then no study permits required as you can apply at the POE for visitor records for the children so they can attend school. If requiring a visa to travel then you will have to apply for study permits prior to arrival.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

hamazz is an unknown quantity at this point

FL

thanks for the quick reply, all british citizens,
from reading previous threads on here, we were under the impression that if children are aged 6 i.e school going age, then we would need to apply for a study permit for them before travelling and could not get it at poe, boys are 6 (7 in oct) and 5 (6 in apr)

another question for a friend, they already have their first year iec, and were arrested recently before travelling to start their first year iec for alleged assault by beating, their worried that when they come to apply for their second year iec, and get their police check it will appear and they will not be able to apply for the second year? they will probably be asked to do community service, if they do the community service, does that then mean they could apply without a risk of being refused entry.

hamazz
Old Jul 1st 2014, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

FL

thanks for the quick reply, all british citizens,
from reading previous threads on here, we were under the impression that if children are aged 6 i.e school going age, then we would need to apply for a study permit for them before travelling and could not get it at poe, boys are 6 (7 in oct) and 5 (6 in apr)

another question for a friend, they already have their first year iec, and were arrested recently before travelling to start their first year iec for alleged assault by beating, their worried that when they come to apply for their second year iec, and get their police check it will appear and they will not be able to apply for the second year? they will probably be asked to do community service, if they do the community service, does that then mean they could apply without a risk of being refused entry.

hamazz
CIC prefer you apply for study permits however the legislation allows for non visa requiring persons to apply at ports of entry and this is one of those occasions.
As for your friends they will probably have to provide another police certificate for their 2nd IEC application and CIC will make a decision to issue or not based on any convictions. Sentencing doesn't matter its if convicted of an offence. This would equate to assault in Canada and therefore can be found inadmissible if convicted.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

hamazz is an unknown quantity at this point

FL

ill go with the poe option then, as it will save having to wait 6 weeks or so to get it out of london. which ages would study permits be needed at poe and what is the charge? any idea how much extra funds would cover for the children going under iec?

ill let my friend know your reply to his question

hamazz
Old Jul 1st 2014, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

FL

ill go with the poe option then, as it will save having to wait 6 weeks or so to get it out of london. which ages would study permits be needed at poe and what is the charge? any idea how much extra funds would cover for the children going under iec?

ill let my friend know your reply to his question

hamazz
They don't need study permits a visitor record for the 12 months is acceptable and they are FREE. There is no proof of funds for them though the IEC requires a minimum of $2500 for the IEC holder.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If flying Yes if driving No but you would still need to get the I94 waiver and pay the $6 if driving across. if you have a valid ESTA you can provide that info to USCBP if driving and you get a white I94 instead of a green one valid for 90 days.
Ill be megabusing. So I guess that counts a driving. Do I need to do the I94 prior to leaving or will it be done on the bus/crossing the border?
Old Jul 1st 2014, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CRAY
Ill be megabusing. So I guess that counts a driving. Do I need to do the I94 prior to leaving or will it be done on the bus/crossing the border?
You can get it done prior by getting one at the border or waiting till you cross and hope you don't piss off too many bus passengers as they will all have to wait until your I94 is issued.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

You can get it done prior by getting one at the border or waiting till you cross and hope you don't piss off too many bus passengers as they will all have to wait until your I94 is issued.
Hmmm I see. Can it be done online prior to leaving, or at least printed?
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CRAY
Hmmm I see. Can it be done online prior to leaving, or at least printed?
No the I94 waiver is only issued at a POE plus the $6 payment.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Gavita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys me again! This is a question for someone who has already entered Canada on the IEC. What happens when you get to the immigration officer? Also how do we go about getting a social security number? May seem like a silly question but I just want to make sure of everything before I go! Thanks in advance
Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gavita
Hi guys me again! This is a question for someone who has already entered Canada on the IEC. What happens when you get to the immigration officer? Also how do we go about getting a social security number? May seem like a silly question but I just want to make sure of everything before I go! Thanks in advance
You present your LOI (POE) whatever they call it these days to CBSA. They will send you to the Immigration office where if satisfied you meet the entry requirements they will issue a work permit for 12 months if UK citizen or 24 months if Irish. You then take that to the nearest Service Canada office who will issue you a temporary SIN number.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Gavita is an unknown quantity at this point

You present your LOI (POE) whatever they call it these days to CBSA. They will send you to the Immigration office where if satisfied you meet the entry requirements they will issue a work permit for 12 months if UK citizen or 24 months if Irish. You then take that to the nearest Service Canada office who will issue you a temporary SIN number.
Ahh wonderful, thanks for your help!
Old Jul 7th 2014, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Greyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of light

I'm just checking my documents and I notice my POE letter does not mention how long my work permit would be for. Is this normal? I take it the document ID is what tells them it should be a one-year WP is this correct?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Greyfox
I'm just checking my documents and I notice my POE letter does not mention how long my work permit would be for. Is this normal? I take it the document ID is what tells them it should be a one-year WP is this correct?
Well seeing as the IEC for UK citizens clearly states that you will be issued a work permit for 12 months then no need for the letter to state that HOWEVER on the date of activating your LOI letter at a POE it will only be issued for 12 months provided your passport is valid for the 12 month period. Irish citizens get 24 months on their IEC its a template letter issued to all IEC participants.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:06 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Greyfox
Yeah it's normal. It just tells you when you need to enter the country by. The CBSA will know how long to give you, just double check it before you leave the immigration area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.