IEC 2014

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

tomsteetley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2014

Hello,

I'm actually part of the 2013 initiative but the question i have applies all the same.

I have my LOI and i have flights booked for April 23rd as my last port of entry is April 25th.

I have surgery booked for June on my hand in England so i'm just wondering what would happen if i didn't go. Would it still count as one of my two visas? Or is it not activated until you get there?

Also would there be any chance at all of deferring it because of medical reasons?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomsteetley
Hello,

I'm actually part of the 2013 initiative but the question i have applies all the same.

I have my LOI and i have flights booked for April 23rd as my last port of entry is April 25th.

I have surgery booked for June on my hand in England so i'm just wondering what would happen if i didn't go. Would it still count as one of my two visas? Or is it not activated until you get there?

Also would there be any chance at all of deferring it because of medical reasons?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
7. If I am issued a Letter of Introduction but do not use it, will I get back the program participation fee? May I apply again in other years?

Fees are non-refundable once the Letter of Introduction is issued. As well, each individual may participate in the IEC initiative only twice. You are deemed a participant once you are issued a Letter of Introduction.
As far as Im aware no deferrals if you can't enter within the 12 month time frame once the LOI has been issued and it would count as being a participant so you would only get 1 more year if this was your 1st IEC.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...q-general.aspx
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
7. If I am issued a Letter of Introduction but do not use it, will I get back the program participation fee? May I apply again in other years?

Fees are non-refundable once the Letter of Introduction is issued. As well, each individual may participate in the IEC initiative only twice. You are deemed a participant once you are issued a Letter of Introduction.
As far as Im aware no deferrals if you can't enter within the 12 month time frame once the LOI has been issued and it would count as being a participant so you would only get 1 more year if this was your 1st IEC.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...q-general.aspx
Thank you for that. It was a long shot
Old Apr 5th 2014, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

JoeJK is an unknown quantity at this point

So my application was refused because I made a small error on my form so it didn't match my passport, but I just received an email today from [email protected] saying that they recently reviewed their refusal process and if I want my application reviewed I need to respond to the email with my WTN and all future correspondence would be through my Kompass account.

Seems a bit weird that they wouldn't just send a message through my Kompass account now, so I haven't responded yet. Has anyone else had this or know if it's legit?
Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

MellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for that. It was a long shot
@tomsteetley you could just go and activate your visa stay there for a bit and come back. True traveller insurance allow you to come back to the UK as many times as you like & for whatever length so you could go back once your ready. Then at least you'll still have your WHV. : )
Old Apr 5th 2014, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MellowYellow
@tomsteetley you could just go and activate your visa stay there for a bit and come back. True traveller insurance allow you to come back to the UK as many times as you like & for whatever length so you could go back once your ready. Then at least you'll still have your WHV. : )
Hello,

This is what i'm planning on doing. Could you allaborate on the details for me.
You say i can come back? Do you mean the insurance company pay for the flights? Can you send me a link with details?

Thanks!
Old Apr 5th 2014, 10:36 am
St John's NL

Young163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really niceYoung163 is just really nice

JoeJK Received same email this morning, looks legit. Think due to large number of complaints re ridiculously short amount of time to complete application. Mistakes bound to be made.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 10:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

This is what i'm planning on doing. Could you allaborate on the details for me.
You say i can come back? Do you mean the insurance company pay for the flights? Can you send me a link with details?

Thanks!
No, the insurance company won't pay for flights back - it's a pre-existing condition. I think the point was that you could possibly return to the UK for surgery if you wish, and then still have the remainder of your year to use. You'll have to fund it all yourself though!

If your operation is being done on the NHS, do also check to see if you'd still be eligible for it to be done for free, as I don't know if having an IEC and being in Canada for that time would mean you'd no longer be classed as a UK resident? Something to double check anyway.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 5th 2014 at 10:40 am.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

JoeJK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Young163
JoeJK Received same email this morning, looks legit. Think due to large number of complaints re ridiculously short amount of time to complete application. Mistakes bound to be made.
Cheers, I guess I'll reply to it then and see what happens. Have you responded?
Old Apr 7th 2014, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

UndercoverHippy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Please please can someone help me out with a definite answer to these 2 questions? Canadian immigration phone number is making me listen to 20 mins of recorded messages before telling me all their phone lines are busy and hanging up on me!

1: This is my second application, can I use the same GcKey to use MyCIC this year? Or should I have made a new login?

2: Seeing as I have been in Canada for the last 6 months, can I get a Canadian Police Certificate to support my MyCIC application or does it have to be a British one?

We're running out of time on our applications to be sending stuff off to the UK. Post from where we are in Canada is terrible so it really might not get there within a reasonable time.

Thank you!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UndercoverHippy
Hi!

Please please can someone help me out with a definite answer to these 2 questions? Canadian immigration phone number is making me listen to 20 mins of recorded messages before telling me all their phone lines are busy and hanging up on me!

1: This is my second application, can I use the same GcKey to use MyCIC this year? Or should I have made a new login?

2: Seeing as I have been in Canada for the last 6 months, can I get a Canadian Police Certificate to support my MyCIC application or does it have to be a British one?

We're running out of time on our applications to be sending stuff off to the UK. Post from where we are in Canada is terrible so it really might not get there within a reasonable time.

Thank you!
Also, if I get a Canadian Police Certificate then I would also include my British Police Certificate from last year, thus covering all bases.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Originally Posted by UndercoverHippy
Hi!

Thank you!
1. I used my original login from the previous year and I got my visa, however people made new ones and they also got their visa so it doesn't matter.

2. I am pretty certain you can only use a british police certificate and it has to be a new one.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

I previously used the same police certificate, as far as I'm aware it just needs to be less than a year old. I'm not sure if the rules have changed.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys. I checked and the police certificate has to have been issued in the last 3 months before you applied so we can't use last year's ones.

I'm wondering if we should just submit Canadian ones (seeing as we haven't been in Britain to commit any crimes) and see if they return it. If they return it does that immediately kill our application or will they give us an extension to provide the British one?

We should have done all this much sooner and much less stressfully but we were just having such a nice time playing in the snow in Canada...so we didn't.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 4:34 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting question would be whether the OP would be covered, presumably on the NHS, for his surgery in June...after he leaves in April to become resident in Canada.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.