IEC 2014

Old Dec 16th 2013, 2:37 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by LeeVK
Thanks Cbrown89, I have one more question - as I lived in Vietnam from mid 2012 until mid 2013, will I need a Vietnamese police check? It's going to be a hell of a pain getting hold of one, if that's the case!
I think if you've been in any country for more than 6 months you need the police check, google will help.

You don't need a police check for living in Canada though,l
Old Dec 16th 2013, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

only provide a Vietnamese PC if ask so by CIC. They will ask for it after you have submitted round 2 and will appear as further documents required. I would look into how long it would take to get one as you are given a deadline to provide it, if its as cheap as the uk one i would get it after submission to be on the safe side.

HTH
Old Dec 16th 2013, 3:48 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Divvym1
only provide a Vietnamese PC if ask so by CIC. They will ask for it after you have submitted round 2 and will appear as further documents required. I would look into how long it would take to get one as you are given a deadline to provide it, if its as cheap as the uk one i would get it after submission to be on the safe side.

HTH
I may be wrong, but are you sure they will ask you for it? They don't ask for the UK Police Cert but you must provide it.

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certifed translator.

How to obtain a police certificate – Vietnam
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests
Applicants should apply in person for a Judicial Certificate, Version 2 (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap So 2) at the Provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap) where their permanent residence is registered.

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the nearest Vietnamese embassy for information.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

They ask you for UK in stage two then when they see where you have lived they will ask accordingly through further documents required. That's only my view his best bet would be just to obtain both better safe than sorry.

Ps I may be totally wrong
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Steve Rous is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Like a lots of other people I'm going for the round 2 entry tomorrow. good luck everyone!

I read a couple of posts saying the password nearly threw them off when creating their account. Can anyone confirm what the password requirements will be? Could be helpful to have in advance when every second counts.

Thanks
steve
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:23 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Originally Posted by Steve Rous
Hi everyone,

Like a lots of other people I'm going for the round 2 entry tomorrow. good luck everyone!

I read a couple of posts saying the password nearly threw them off when creating their account. Can anyone confirm what the password requirements will be? Could be helpful to have in advance when every second counts.

Thanks
steve
Not sure what you mean but from memory they have to include, a capital, a number, a character and a unit (!@$% I think....).
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Steve Rous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Not sure what you mean but from memory they have to include, a capital, a number, a character and a unit (!@$% I think....).
thanks for the reply.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. OK, fairly normal except for the unit being thrown in there too. Thanks!
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

LittleMuth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve Rous
thanks for the reply.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. OK, fairly normal except for the unit being thrown in there too. Thanks!
Also, I'm pretty sure it has to be between 8 and 12 characters. I could be off a bit, but I did have a bit of trouble with it (I didn't read it properly and didn't realize that the password has to satisfy ALL of the criteria. Lots of panic ensued.)
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LittleMuth
Also, I'm pretty sure it has to be between 8 and 12 characters. I could be off a bit, but I did have a bit of trouble with it (I didn't read it properly and didn't realize that the password has to satisfy ALL of the criteria. Lots of panic ensued.)
If it helps, my password is 11 characters long including a capital at the start and two numbers and a special character (like !@#$%^) at the end. and worked perfectly.

Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:49 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Has anyone who was too slow to get a WTN from Round 1 had confirmation that you can use your 2014 Kompass account for Round 2?
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Triomphe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Divvym1
They ask you for UK in stage two then when they see where you have lived they will ask accordingly through further documents required. That's only my view his best bet would be just to obtain both better safe than sorry.

Ps I may be totally wrong
On this note, I lived in China between 2009-2010 for a year and in Taiwan between 2012-2013 for a year also. I have applied for police certificates from both countries, as well as my UK one, to be on the safe side.

I'm now on the MyCIC stage and was planning on putting them all into one PDF file and attaching them in the 'police certificate' section, is this what you would suggest? Or should I only attach the UK one and attach the others elsewhere/wait for them to be requested by CIC?

I'm leaning towards the former, as that way they'll have all the information from the start. Seem sensible?
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:54 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Originally Posted by Triomphe
On this note, I lived in China between 2009-2010 for a year and in Taiwan between 2012-2013 for a year also. I have applied for police certificates from both countries, as well as my UK one, to be on the safe side.

I'm now on the MyCIC stage and was planning on putting them all into one PDF file and attaching them in the 'police certificate' section, is this what you would suggest? Or should I only attach the UK one and attach the others elsewhere/wait for them to be requested by CIC?

I'm leaning towards the former, as that way they'll have all the information from the start. Seem sensible?
The more relevant information the better. From memory you can only upload one document for the police check? So just merge them into one file. Thats what I would do anyway
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Triomphe

I have to upload a UK certificate and a NZ certificate and will put them in the same pdf then upload to CIC. No point waiting for them to ask - they have made it clear what they need and if you have the certificates you should upload them
Old Dec 16th 2013, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Triomphe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cbrown89
The more relevant information the better. From memory you can only upload one document for the police check? So just merge them into one file. Thats what I would do anyway
Thanks for the quick response! That seems in line with my thinking Now just to wait for them to be processed and sent to me.

One further question, under the employment section of the IMM1295 form the first section is entitled 'current activity/occupation'. I'm currently a job seeker, having only graduated recently, so for that section should I put in my last job (working summer 2012), or should I write that I am currently unemployed and add my last job in the previous activity/occupation section?

Edit:
I've found a BUNAC guide to completing the form and they state: "If you are not currently working, put ‘N/A’, otherwise, complete your work details", is this generally believed to be correct? (source: http://cms.bunac.org.uk/media/images...%20IMM1295.pdf)

Last edited by Triomphe; Dec 16th 2013 at 6:14 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:14 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Update

For those of you who created an IEC Kompass 2014 Kompass account but failed to secure a permit in Round 1, you can no longer log in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.