IEC 2014

Old Dec 15th 2013, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by ritchieee
Well bugger me. I've been checking the IEC website for weeks on end, didn't for the last few days and I've already missed round one.
Hey Ritchieee

You should totally use a change detection programme that emails you when a webpage is updated.

That was my trick - saved me checking the IEC webpage everyday. It emailed me when they added the dates and then again when they added the opening time for the round.

Just google change detection - there's loads out there. It's amazing how technology can help us
Old Dec 15th 2013, 8:39 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katec19
Hey Ritchieee

You should totally use a change detection programme that emails you when a webpage is updated.

That was my trick - saved me checking the IEC webpage everyday. It emailed me when they added the dates and then again when they added the opening time for the round.

Just google change detection - there's loads out there. It's amazing how technology can help us
That is useful. Might have to do that for next year . To be fair I was checking it about 5 times a day

Last edited by beckiwoo; Dec 15th 2013 at 8:44 am.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 8:44 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Unless it's changed from last year It tells you not to physically sign any sheets the stamp counts as the signature, one of the steps in the MYCIC page was to verify this last year.

N/A for everything

leave date blank for current employment
Thanks, that's what I thought and I know that the work permit form doesn't get signed as you verify it and a load of bar codes appear

However, the family form is slightly different, I need to sign to say I don't have a partner (section 1) and I don't have any dependants/children (section 2) and then sign the last part to say everything I have said is true.

In order for me to sign this I will need to print out, sign and rescan- there is no option to verify this form?

If I can't get a answer on here I might start a new thread as there would have been others going for different visas who would have had to do this form
Old Dec 15th 2013, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

ritchieee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Ritchieee

What a great idea! Thank you very much! Good luck with your IEC.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Do you think we will get a release time for Tuesday ?
Maybe Monday might they announce it ?
Old Dec 15th 2013, 10:16 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Chris2222
Do you think we will get a release time for Tuesday ?
Maybe Monday might they announce it ?
Hopefully they might, if they did it last week! Check tomorrow but I would say it will be around 3pm (UK time) again. As they started the French young professional round or (whatever it's called) at that time as well.

How far did you get with your application before it closed. Have you got much more to complete?
Old Dec 15th 2013, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Old Hermit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
That is useful. Might have to do that for next year . To be fair I was checking it about 5 times a day
Alternatively, I was notified by an email from BUNAC, guess I must have registered with them at some point!

Also, is it normal for when the eligibility assessment is in progress for the application requirements to list 'Program Participation Fee Refund'... That's scared me!

Last edited by Old Hermit; Dec 15th 2013 at 10:56 am.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Hopefully they might, if they did it last week! Check tomorrow but I would say it will be around 3pm (UK time) again. As they started the French young professional round or (whatever it's called) at that time as well.

How far did you get with your application before it closed. Have you got much more to complete?
Everything but the IEC category , that I only think has to be completed and if I am right only gives an option of working holiday.
The strange thing was it gave me around 5 minutes to continue filling out the form whist the whole round was gone.

I had Google opened for copy and pasting spelling mistakes, writing down my answers on a piece of paper, I am a two finger typer, and I think I messed up my password so had to get another email, notification to change it,no wonder I never made it lol

Last edited by Chris2222; Dec 15th 2013 at 12:18 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

ShyTed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orly
You can apply to either or both so long as you meet the eligibility requirements at the time you file the application. The Irish nationality law creates this somewhat useful anomaly.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...faq.aspx#uk2-1
Happy days. I should mention participating in the British IEC when asked though, aye?
Old Dec 15th 2013, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Hermit
Alternatively, I was notified by an email from BUNAC, guess I must have registered with them at some point!

Also, is it normal for when the eligibility assessment is in progress for the application requirements to list 'Program Participation Fee Refund'... That's scared me!
Mine also had this scared me too lol
Old Dec 15th 2013, 4:50 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Divvym1
Mine also had this scared me too lol
I think other people have said this before it's normal as at any point even during myCIC stage you can be rejected.

Mine is currently locked but I'm guessing after the assessment, if they say no or you have to withdraw your application at any point you have to ask for the refund

Has anyone got their conditional letter who messaged them about a mistake in their application?
Old Dec 15th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Adamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud of

Hi Adam!

I'm not too sure what that link is - it certainly is not the page I used to register for my Kompass account when the round opened this week.

I am sure that you cannot make a Kompass account for the UK IEC until a round is open. It says that on the official IEC website so I am sure that is correct.

Unfortunately there's no way to really prepare for the round openings except to be refreshing the webpage around the time it opens - type fast and it'll all be okay

Hope that helps.
Thanks a bunch Katec. I found the answer a few minutes later, I was just in a bit a blind panic after seeing a missed the first round. Good luck with your Canadian adventures!
Old Dec 15th 2013, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Adamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Your post wasn't deleted, it was put in a moderation queue to check the url link you put in - this is standard for all new posters.

I have deleted your other 2 posts as they are duplicates of the questions you have asked here.
Ah I see sorry for any inconvenience caused
Old Dec 15th 2013, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Duffer500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

So when I come to register for a Kompass account. I have to set up a new one right?

For the address sections, should I put my current Canadian one or my permanent UK home address?

And some of you guys appeared to have issues with not having enough space in the boxes to type your full address?

Thank you.

David
Old Dec 15th 2013, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ShyTed
Happy days. I should mention participating in the British IEC when asked though, aye?
Hey ShyTed

I have participated in the New Zealand IEC before and asked them (IEC) prior to the round opening whether I should answer 'yes' to the question 'Have I participated before? They said that I should say 'no' because I have not participated in the UK IEC before.

I assume same applies for you.

I am now through to Stage 2 - My CIC part of the application and had no trouble/queries from them regarding my New Zealand participation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.