IEC 2014

Old Dec 14th 2013, 12:47 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by oliboli89
My WTN number was 399. You do not need to sign anything, it will ask you for a signature at the very end of the process. Just validate and upload all the documents when you finish filling them in.
In relations to the employment, you have to upload your entire CV anyway so you don't have to attach a letter of explanation for this.
For the current jobs you have, just put today's date. It says 'current jobs' so they will know you still work there.
With the photo, yes you can scan a passport photo in as long as it meets the requirements (which are kind of a joke - WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF THEM?)
Hope all of this helps.
Thanks I feel slightly better but my WTN was 337 and I paid on Thursday evening and had confirmation of payment soon after. Hate the fact its the weekend so nothing will happen yet.

yeah the passport pic was stupid. I got some done recently so I will upload one and then if it gets rejected for that Ill just upload another one.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Triomphe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Thanks I feel slightly better but my WTN was 337 and I paid on Thursday evening and had confirmation of payment soon after. Hate the fact its the weekend so nothing will happen yet.

yeah the passport pic was stupid. I got some done recently so I will upload one and then if it gets rejected for that Ill just upload another one.
I think we just need to be patient. I'm in exactly the same situation as you, except for my WTN is 43 and I also paid as soon as I received the invitation to do so. After all, they do stipulate that it could take up to 14 days so we are jumping the gun a little bit.

I'd just wait for next week and hopefully our nerves will be calmed. I wish I'd heard yesterday, but it could also have been much worse...
Old Dec 14th 2013, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

xshuttyx is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and my g/f applied for this years IEC.

My girlfriend application has a mistake on the mailing address... it says United States instead of United Kingdom... oops!

I've message them via the Kompass account to see if they can change this, the application was moved to the payment, and document stage of the IEC but I've not had a response to my message.

Has anyone had a similar experience in the past?

I'm worried that it may be rejected at a later stage when the error comes to light.

Hopefully as the error is on the mailing address it may not cause an issue??
Old Dec 14th 2013, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

My only fear about making mistakes on the form is that they will reject the application to be fair.

I mean, we have people here who doubled checked everything and missed out because they were too slow.

And then others making all kinds of silly mistakes (my partner included, we never included her middle name on her passport), some messing up addresses, some with spelling mistakes and I think one guy who put the wrong name down

So what is to stop people going on, blitzing through the form and making all kinds of mistakes just to be first past the post and get a WTN, then, when the dust has settled and things have calmed, sending a detailed message through Kompass explaining themselves. Its hardly fair on people taking their time and not making it through!

Last edited by IrishGuyAbroad; Dec 14th 2013 at 1:46 pm. Reason: Spelling mistake - convenient considering the point of the post lol
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:02 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xshuttyx
Me and my g/f applied for this years IEC.

My girlfriend application has a mistake on the mailing address... it says United States instead of United Kingdom... oops!

I've message them via the Kompass account to see if they can change this, the application was moved to the payment, and document stage of the IEC but I've not had a response to my message.

Has anyone had a similar experience in the past?

I'm worried that it may be rejected at a later stage when the error comes to light.

Hopefully as the error is on the mailing address it may not cause an issue??
I had a similar issue I put my street number and name in the same field but I sent them an email afterwards - they did reply and confirmed that had received my email. They have got loads to go through.

Originally Posted by IrishGuyAbroad
My only fear about making mistakes on the form is that they will reject the application to be fair.

I mean, we have people here who doubled checked everything and missed out because they were too slow.

And then others making all kinds of silly mistakes (my partner included, we never included her middle name on her passport), some messing up addresses, some with spelling mistakes and I think one guy who put the wrong name down

So what is to stop people going on, blitzing through the form and making all kinds of mistakes just to be first past the post and get a WTN, then, when the dust has settled and things have calmed, sending a detailed message through Kompass explaining themselves. Its hardly fair on people taking their time and not making it through!
I think thats just the luck of the draw unfortunately. I would not advice anyone to skim/rush through it and make stupid mistakes but equally if you are trying to complete a form in under 5 minutes silly mistakes that can be corrected will happen.

Last edited by beckiwoo; Dec 14th 2013 at 2:06 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

xshuttyx is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair points - her WTN was around WTN 1800 and it was exactly that, rushing through the form to make sure it was completed so that we could get through... that unfortunately is what the process makes you do
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

I think you will all be fine , when they are honest mistakes .
But on another forum someone who is currently in Canada on an IEC somehow forgot to mention they where currently on one, and is now asking for sympathy from the Kompass account saying they forgot where they where, that is takeing the pi$$ imo and is a blatant mistake made on purpose IMO.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:50 pm
Bex in the city

QUESTIONS RE: IMM5707 (FAMILY FORM):

1. I dont have any children but the advice does not say to put N/A in the fields so can I leave this section blank?

2. I have managed to save it as a PDF. Do I need to print it and sign it and re scan it again or like with the 1295 form does it not need signatures?

QUESTIONS RE: IMM1295E (WORK PERMIT):

1. Do I need to write N/A in all fields (where the form has not already grey'd them out) where its not relevant?

2. In the 'intended work' section:
(section 2) - I have put N/A with 'details of prospective employer'.
(section 3) - I have left blank as I still not 100% on the province I will go to
(section 4) - I have filled this in for my prospective job title and brief summary of the duties
(section 5) - I have left blank as I dont know the duration of employment

Is this right?

3. In the employment section: I have not put the dates I have left my most current job (as Im still there like most people) and I have not done it for the job underneath as I am also still working there.

the last question is reading a blog on how to fill the form in, it says there is a question of when you intend to enter Canada - I cant find this question on the form unless its related to the prospective employer section?

thanks

Last edited by beckiwoo; Dec 14th 2013 at 3:38 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Duffer500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I had been keeping an eye on the IEC site but somehow managed to miss the first round...and promptly gave myself a black eye!

I've always found a wealth of knowledge and support on here over the past year and had a few questions regarding this years scenario...

I've read through previous posts and as usual found the answers to a few of my concerns, but apologies if some of this stuff has been answered already...

It seems you need very little information / documents for the first stage...
Passport & previous WTN?
I applied with BUNAC in 2010 - which I believe is not counted under the IEC allocation. But I'm also in Canada just now on my first IEC visa.

With regards to the addresses you give...
My mailing and current are in Canada...but I presume my permanent address should be a UK one given that I don't have residency here?
maybe I'm over analyzing it a bit much!

I've been fretting a bit by the fact they wont let you register a Kompass account until they "open" again...hence by the time I'm even registered they will be closed again. It doesn't seem to entail much other than basic details?
maybe this is why the whole thing was over in 20 mins this year instead of 2 hrs.

So I have to set up a new account from scratch and forget about last years one? Did anyone have problems with this, i.e. email address clashes etc??

Round 2 opens Tuesday, will that be 10am Ottawa time again?

Sorry for this being long winded and indeed thanks in advance to those who respond!

David.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 5:17 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
QUESTIONS RE: IMM5707 (FAMILY FORM):

1. I dont have any children but the advice does not say to put N/A in the fields so can I leave this section blank?

2. I have managed to save it as a PDF. Do I need to print it and sign it and re scan it again or like with the 1295 form does it not need signatures?

QUESTIONS RE: IMM1295E (WORK PERMIT):

1. Do I need to write N/A in all fields (where the form has not already grey'd them out) where its not relevant?

2. In the 'intended work' section:
(section 2) - I have put N/A with 'details of prospective employer'.
(section 3) - I have left blank as I still not 100% on the province I will go to
(section 4) - I have filled this in for my prospective job title and brief summary of the duties
(section 5) - I have left blank as I dont know the duration of employment

Is this right?

3. In the employment section: I have not put the dates I have left my most current job (as Im still there like most people) and I have not done it for the job underneath as I am also still working there.

the last question is reading a blog on how to fill the form in, it says there is a question of when you intend to enter Canada - I cant find this question on the form unless its related to the prospective employer section?

thanks
Unless it's changed from last year It tells you not to physically sign any sheets the stamp counts as the signature, one of the steps in the MYCIC page was to verify this last year.

N/A for everything

leave date blank for current employment
Old Dec 14th 2013, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Adamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Katec19
Hi JohnDerry!

I applied today and was successful at getting a WTN, making payment and uploading my documents. Let me know if you have any queries or questions on the process - no matter how pointless others may think they are (perhaps private message is a better way to communicate)

Offers goes out to anyone who feels that others might think they're questions are stupid and ridicule them for it. Happy to help!
Hi Katec19, sorry to bother you, I asked a question here but it was deleted almost immediately, I'm pretty new to this site so I don't know if I asked the wrong question or put it in the wrong thread but anyway I saw your post and wondered if you could help me out?

This might be a silly question but can I register for a kompass account before the next round opens or do I have to wait? I was under the impression I had to wait but then I came across this page whilst searching for an answer on google.
https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/...?regionCode=AT

I would have pm'd you but as I'm so new to this site it wont let me yet.

Thanks

Adam
Old Dec 15th 2013, 12:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adamodo
Hi Katec19, sorry to bother you, I asked a question here but it was deleted almost immediately, I'm pretty new to this site so I don't know if I asked the wrong question or put it in the wrong thread but anyway I saw your post and wondered if you could help me out?

This might be a silly question but can I register for a kompass account before the next round opens or do I have to wait? I was under the impression I had to wait but then I came across this page whilst searching for an answer on google.

Thanks

Adam
Your post wasn't deleted, it was put in a moderation queue to check the url link you put in - this is standard for all new posters.

I have deleted your other 2 posts as they are duplicates of the questions you have asked here.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 15th 2013 at 4:13 am.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 1:31 am
Just Joined

ShyTed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. Apologies if this in't the best thread for this but I have a quick question re: repeat participation. I'm set to head out in March and now I'm a ball of nerves about actually getting to stay there after my year is up. Reapplying for IEC seems to be the handiest way to go about it but I want to apply with my Irish passport since that gets me two years (I'm from Northern Ireland so I'm entitled to both passports, pretty swish). I'd have used applied under the Irish side of the scheme in the first place but I decided to apply on the spur of the moment last February and I only had a British passport at that stage. That and the fact that the Irish quota had been snapped up in 48 hours or something ridiculous. My question is is this permissible/likely to cause any headaches when I go to apply? It's an odd set of circumstances so I know it's a long shot but if anybody can help or at least point me in the direction of someone who can I'd be grateful.

Cheers.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 5:01 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShyTed
Hi all. Apologies if this in't the best thread for this but I have a quick question re: repeat participation. I'm set to head out in March and now I'm a ball of nerves about actually getting to stay there after my year is up. Reapplying for IEC seems to be the handiest way to go about it but I want to apply with my Irish passport since that gets me two years (I'm from Northern Ireland so I'm entitled to both passports, pretty swish). I'd have used applied under the Irish side of the scheme in the first place but I decided to apply on the spur of the moment last February and I only had a British passport at that stage. That and the fact that the Irish quota had been snapped up in 48 hours or something ridiculous. My question is is this permissible/likely to cause any headaches when I go to apply? It's an odd set of circumstances so I know it's a long shot but if anybody can help or at least point me in the direction of someone who can I'd be grateful.

Cheers.
You can apply to either or both so long as you meet the eligibility requirements at the time you file the application. The Irish nationality law creates this somewhat useful anomaly.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...faq.aspx#uk2-1
Old Dec 15th 2013, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adamodo

Thanks

Adam
Hi Adam!

I'm not too sure what that link is - it certainly is not the page I used to register for my Kompass account when the round opened this week.

I am sure that you cannot make a Kompass account for the UK IEC until a round is open. It says that on the official IEC website so I am sure that is correct.

Unfortunately there's no way to really prepare for the round openings except to be refreshing the webpage around the time it opens - type fast and it'll all be okay

Hope that helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.