IEC 2014

Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

One thing to remember is only click 'submit' once - otherwise you will end up with multiple numbers and the last one is the one that will 'stick' to your application.

Last year some people hit 'submit' several times and as a result did not get their visa as their final number was a high one.

IE works better than the other browsers sometimes if the site is slow to load.

You may want to use an auto refresh page to make sure you see the IEC program open. This one will work with any browser.

http://autoreload.net/ (you can hit 'stop' at any time)

Good luck to you all and hope that you get your IEC application in tomorrow.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 11th 2013 at 9:37 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Siouxie - that was helpful
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:37 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Skitom
The first time (round 2) all I managed was to create an account as the site was slow. And then round 3 my number was past the cut off, by the time I heard back saying I could now pay I had already made plans to get some work with my degree. But it should be better this time, they didn't expect everyone applying at one last year.

Let's hope their IT guys have worked some magic and they have enough of them on hand! I'm getting excited now - just to experience the shear carnage - going to be like selfridges sale on Boxing Day or the resent Black Friday chaos in the USA but on a virtual scale, I'm done with the worrying life's too short!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
One thing to remember is only click 'submit' once - otherwise you will end up with multiple numbers and the last one is the one that will 'stick' to your application.

Last year some people hit 'submit' several times and as a result did not get their visa as their final number was a high one.

IE works better than the other browsers sometimes if the site is slow to load.

You may want to use an auto refresh page to make sure you see the IEC program open. This one will work with any browser.

http://autoreload.net/ (you can hit 'stop' at any time)

Good luck to you all and hope that you get your IEC application in tomorrow.

I really hope this doesn't come across as one of those stupid questions that people ask when they haven't read the IEC website correctly but -

Which page would you be refreshing if you're using that auto refresh programme? Does the main page change when it opens? I imagine I would be clicking the 'register' button continuously until a page appear with a registration form?

Any help is appreciated
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:59 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katec19
I really hope this doesn't come across as one of those stupid questions that people ask when they haven't read the IEC website correctly but -

Which page would you be refreshing if you're using that auto refresh programme? Does the main page change when it opens? I imagine I would be clicking the 'register' button continuously until a page appear with a registration form?

Any help is appreciated
There is a tab for IEC Kompass 2013 and IEC Kompass 2014.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

just_a_guy_in_canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just to be absolutely clear - you can't register for a Kompass account until registration opens at 15:00 tomorrow, right?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesmcgeachie10
Hi, just to be absolutely clear - you can't register for a Kompass account until registration opens at 15:00 tomorrow, right?
You can only create a Kompass account when IEC is open for your country. The creation of a Kompass account does not mean that you have been allocated a place in the quota. You must complete and submit the online application in order to receive a place. You will use your Kompass account to manage your IEC application process.

Access to Kompass
The 2014 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with United Kingdom will open 12/12/2013 at 10:00 AM Ottawa time
To create your Kompass account you need to register
You must register and activate a new account for your 2014 application. Your account from last year is no longer active.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

just_a_guy_in_canada is an unknown quantity at this point

^Okay thanks.

I did read that page but I am extremely paranoid about the whole process.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:46 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

And please, make sure that you write down all your log in details, double check you have put the right e-mail address down and don't hit 'submit' more than once!

(I know I keep saying it, but you would be amazed at how many people did last year).

Old Dec 11th 2013, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

James1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing that concerns me is, I'm able to login to my old kompass account, so if they want us to start a new one with the same email address, wouldn't it say that an account already exists with this email address?
Old Dec 12th 2013, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James1984
The thing that concerns me is, I'm able to login to my old kompass account, so if they want us to start a new one with the same email address, wouldn't it say that an account already exists with this email address?
You can go into your old account and change the email address to something else if you want to make your new (2014) account with an email address that you check regularly.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Excellent, finally someone else with the same idea as me - a backup plan lol

You too best of luck
I think I need luck , some food and my bed and maybe some paracetomol in the morning
Well people said don't stress about it so I just got drunk instead lol
Old Dec 12th 2013, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

also guys don't be disheartened if you cant click submit in time tomorrow there will be another 2 rounds, and thankfully when you sign in next time you pick up from where you left off. I was a disappointed 1st rounder last year but a very happy one in the second round.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. Good luck to everyone applying tomorrow. Can't believe how quick it's come around. I'm in Canada (Whistler) on the IEC visa and it's without doubt the best choice I've made.

Like the Divvym says don't get disheartened if you don't get in the first round, there's two more rounds!

If anyone is thinking about doing a ski season in Canada (you should it's awesome!), feel free to read my blog - ournorthamericatraveladventure.com

Good luck!
Old Dec 12th 2013, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

AnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to all

Quick question, my resume is pretty fancy (I'm a freelance designer) would you think it best to make a simplified copy to give to kompass when registering?

My current Resume isn't hard to read or anything, it's just very good, I feel it's too good. Lol

Last edited by AnotherBloke; Dec 12th 2013 at 3:14 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.