IEC 2013

Old Oct 1st 2013, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by Hugo_Strange
Sorry if this has been asked a million times previously, I will be leaving for Canada in the next week and just have a question about proof of funds.

I have asked my bank to send me a statement but they have said it is going to take 5-7 working days which means it will not arrive in time, can I get a statement from my branch which shows my balance and does it need to be stamped by them as well?
Go into the branch and see if they will give you a print out and stamp and date it.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hugo_Strange is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Go into the branch and see if they will give you a print out and stamp and date it.

Thank you, will go first thing in the morning to get it sorted
Old Oct 1st 2013, 9:07 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, will go first thing in the morning to get it sorted
I got mine printed and stamped and no issues with my permit.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Took a friend to activate his second year IEC today at the border and he got a two year work permit, apparently British citizens are allowed two years now, I had to take him back into the US to buy another years insurance first though before he would be given the second year.

We mentioned that it says online that it says we are only allowed one year, but the border guard said that his computer system says we are allowed two, which is good news.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:10 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oaken
Took a friend to activate his second year IEC today at the border and he got a two year work permit, apparently British citizens are allowed two years now, I had to take him back into the US to buy another years insurance first though before he would be given the second year.

We mentioned that it says online that it says we are only allowed one year, but the border guard said that his computer system says we are allowed two, which is good news.
Except that the border officer was incorrect. Legislation states 12 months for IEC holders from the UK.

Conditions of work permit: participants under the working holiday category may receive an open work permit with a validity period of 12 months

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf 5.34/App. E

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 2nd 2013 at 3:14 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Except that the border officer was incorrect. Legislation states 12 months for IEC holders from the UK.

Conditions of work permit: participants under the working holiday category may receive an open work permit with a validity period of 12 months

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf 5.34/App. E
We pointed out what the website says he said it didn't matter, his system said we are allowed two years and that other Brits had also gotten two years his colleague also confirmed it and I'm not going to stand there and argue with a border guard about it.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

maximpouska is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

2 years validity of the visa for applicants from Australia, Ireland, France and now for England, are already integrated into the law. maybe for Germany and other countries, this change comes even this year, too.

This is a new strategy by cic. CIC (Kenney and now Alexander) want to give skilled trades workes and other the chance to immigrate via the working holiday visa. For Lovers this is also good.

some People can more easy try to use the Federal Skilled Trades Program -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2013-08-16.asp
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:12 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maximpouska
Hello

2 years validity of the visa for applicants from Australia, Ireland, France and now for England, are already integrated into the law. maybe for Germany and other countries, this change comes even this year, too.

This is a new strategy by cic. CIC (Kenney and now Alexander) want to give skilled trades workes and other the chance to immigrate via the working holiday visa. For Lovers this is also good.

Could you point me to the legislation or manual where it says this? It may be planned for the IEC 2014, but it isn't legislated at present - the Minister announced that people from Ireland would be able to get a 2 year permit (starting in 2013) in October 2012, there has been no mention of the UK to my knowledge.

According to the manual (see my previous post) presently the legislation is for 12 months for the UK.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:15 am
Banned

Hello

Are you positive about this?

It may be planned for the IEC 2014, but I don't believe it's legislated at present - the Minister announced that people from Ireland would be able to get a 2 year permit(starting in 2013) in October 2012, but there has been no mention of the UK to my knowledge. If it has been, I would be grateful for the link - could you point me to a link for the legislation or manual where it says this?

According to the manual (see my previous post) it shows that presently the legislation is for 12 months for the UK.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 2nd 2013 at 10:11 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

I have been to my bank hsbc and asked if they could provide me with a statement which they have on their headed paper however they would not stamp the statement as it is against their policy to stamp documents that are out of hsbc possession.

Is the statement that they have given me enough for my proof of funds?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to my bank hsbc and asked if they could provide me with a statement which they have on their headed paper however they would not stamp the statement as it is against their policy to stamp documents that are out of hsbc possession.

Is the statement that they have given me enough for my proof of funds?
As long as you have a statement from the bank and its dated and has the sufficient funds then dont worry too much about it. Some get asked for it others don't.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Oaken
We pointed out what the website says he said it didn't matter, his system said we are allowed two years and that other Brits had also gotten two years his colleague also confirmed it and I'm not going to stand there and argue with a border guard about it.
Which crossing was this at? Id also like to see where it says UK citizens on the IEC get a 2 yr work permit as i also work at a port of entry.
This is taken directly from the IEC Canada website
Work and Study

1. What kinds of jobs may I hold with the work permit issued under IEC? Are there restrictions on the duration of the employment contracts, the language of the workplace, the location or the number of employers I may have?

No. The work permit issued under the IEC initiative is valid for any type of job. There are no restrictions on the duration of the contract (within the 12-month period), the language or the location. Nor are there any restrictions on the total number of employers for whom you may work within the 12-month period.

From Appendix E of the Foreign Workers Manual
United Kingdom

- Working Holiday
18-30
open
12 months
Two times

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Oct 2nd 2013 at 12:22 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

As long as you have a statement from the bank and its dated and has the sufficient funds then dont worry too much about it. Some get asked for it others don't.
That's a relief! Thank you my friend
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

maximpouska is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

The new strategy has long been announced by Kenney in his speeches. The information does not have to stand in the manuals of CIC, yet. as reported some Border officers know the new rules. This is the Canada Border Services Agency, not CIC. I do not have time to look for a link, sorry. It is clear to me this is a look into the Crystal ball - and I was not bad at it in the past.

@ Former Lancastrian , maybe it was in Alberta - some intern instruction.

Kenney and now Alexander are trying to chance this for the IEC to 2 year. It would be crazy if the French get 14,000 visas in the IEC class and with 2 years but the British people not.

just look the information from Paris.

Last edited by maximpouska; Oct 2nd 2013 at 1:26 pm. Reason: ball red too
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hello

The new strategy has long been announced by Kenney in his speeches. The information does not have to stand in the manuals of CIC, yet. as reported some Border officers know the new rules. This is the Canada Border Services Agency, not CIC. I do not have time to look for a link, sorry. It is clear to me this is a look into the Crystal ball - and I was not bad at it in the past.

@ Former Lancastrian , maybe it was in Alberta - some intern instruction.

Kenney and now Alexander are trying to chance this for the IEC to 2 year. It would be crazy if the French get 14,000 visas in the IEC class and with 2 years but the British people not.

just look the information from Paris.
I work for CBSA and know of no such rules under the IEC programme.
CIC has introduced several other programmes regarding low skilled workers and the new Federal Skilled Trades Programme which have nothing to do with the IEC itself. They may well be contemplating changes but as it legally stands today a UK citizen on the 2013 IEC programme gets only a 12 month work permit and is eligible to apply for a 2nd year.
There are also several pilot projects within different provinces but again these have nothing to do with the IEC.
The number of places allocated are between the countries agreements and thats why certain countries get more than others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.