IEC 2013

Old Oct 22nd 2013, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by Ajster
Hi

Has anyone been isssued their LOI/POE - but still not had there Kompass account updated.

Mine still says pending, however, I've had my POE for a while now - we are travelling to Vancouver in March.

I'm not too worried, as I have the official document to say that I have my IEC visa - just wondered if it has happened to anyone else, and if you just enetered Canada normally?
Once you have the LOI/POE I wouldnt worry about the Kompass account you are good to travel on the LOI/POE.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Once you have the LOI/POE I wouldnt worry about the Kompass account you are good to travel on the LOI/POE.
I thought as much - just a perculiarity :-)

Thanks for the reply - and heres to our start in Vancouver in March!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Duffer500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm currently half way through my 2013 IEC visa...

I've had one before through BUNAC in 2009.

I always though you were only allowed 2 visas, but this year I was informed when it changed to the IEC program the CIC essentially wiped the slate clean prior to 2011...

Does anyone know anything about / have experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

David
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 8:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duffer500
Hi there,

I'm currently half way through my 2013 IEC visa...

I've had one before through BUNAC in 2009.

I always though you were only allowed 2 visas, but this year I was informed when it changed to the IEC program the CIC essentially wiped the slate clean prior to 2011...

Does anyone know anything about / have experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

David
It depends on which year you undertook the BUNAC program - but as you applied prior to 2011 you will be able to get a 2nd year IEC.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nce/index.aspx

Starting 2013, two significant changes were made to the International Experience Canada initiative for British citizens:

British citizens will no longer be required to demonstrate habitual residency (i.e. that they have lived continuously in the UK).
British citizens are permitted to participate twice, each time up to 12 months.

Those who had participated under the 2010 quota or earlier (including through SWAP’s partner BUNAC) will be eligible for two additional participations of up to 12 months each.

Those who had participated once under the 2011 quota and once under the 2012 quota, (including through SWAP’s partner BUNAC) will not be eligible.

Those who had participated once under the 2011 quota or once under the 2012 quota (including through SWAP’s partner BUNAC) will be eligible for one final participation of up to 12 months.

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 9:29 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Oaken
I got issued a two year permit a few weeks ago.
Was that by by mistake?

Last edited by snuggs; Oct 23rd 2013 at 9:31 am. Reason: auto correct fail
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snuggs
Was that by by mistake?
I queried it and the border guard, said that UK citizens are allowed two years now. I pointed out what the IEC website says and he said the website was wrong and issued me two years.

I don't know if he was right or not but I know others who have also been issued two years.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:18 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

I queried it and the border guard, said that UK citizens are allowed two years now. I pointed out what the IEC website says and he said the website was wrong and issued me two years.

I don't know if he was right or not but I know others who have also been issued two years.

that's interesting... I didn't question it as I didn't even realise until I was in the car but I didn't want to go back and say he was wrong as immigration is daunting enough....

what are you going to do when the new 2014 iec opens?
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Im still waiting for the piece of legislation or change in the regulations that say a work permit for a citizen of the UK holding a UK passport on the IEC is 2 years. Now if they are holding an Irish passport then thats different.
Oh well who cares somebody got a 2 year work permit so they should be doing the happy dance. No need for them to reapply.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:34 pm
A taffy in Ontario

Im still waiting for the piece of legislation or change in the regulations that say a work permit for a citizen of the UK holding a UK passport on the IEC is 2 years. Now if they are holding an Irish passport then thats different.
Oh well who cares somebody got a 2 year work permit so they should be doing the happy dance. No need for them to reapply.

I am welsh so don't have an Irish Passport, but Im unsure what to do with regards to the upcoming IEC approaching....

I don't want to cause any problems with my PR which I will be sorting around the time my first year will be coming to an end... but my VISA is valid until May 2015.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am welsh so don't have an Irish Passport, but Im unsure what to do with regards to the upcoming IEC approaching....

I don't want to cause any problems with my PR which I will be sorting around the time my first year will be coming to an end... but my VISA is valid until May 2015.
You have a valid work permit until May 2015. I would submit the PR application when eligible to do so. I highly doubt CIC will suddenly turn around and say
Hey this guy got a 2 yr work permit on the IEC when it should have been only 1 yr so lets not process this application.
Its not your error its the Govts in particular CBSA so I wouldnt worry about it.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 6:02 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

You have a valid work permit until May 2015. I would submit the PR application when eligible to do so. I highly doubt CIC will suddenly turn around and say
Hey this guy got a 2 yr work permit on the IEC when it should have been only 1 yr so lets not process this application.
Its not your error its the Govts in particular CBSA so I wouldnt worry about it.
How easy is it to get PR status after a year or 2 year visa and does any one know the percentage of people who stay under PR status after WHV and the percentage that return to UK?
Old Oct 24th 2013, 6:06 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a 2 year work visa then you shouldn't need to apply again for IEC 2014...?!
Old Oct 24th 2013, 8:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
How easy is it to get PR status after a year or 2 year visa and does any one know the percentage of people who stay under PR status after WHV and the percentage that return to UK?
Nobody can say how easy it is, as it is totally dependent on the job you're doing and the province. Some will find it easy, but for others it's impossible.

No percentages either, but my very uneducated guess would be that it's something like 25% to try and stay permanently from an IEC.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 8:32 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nobody can say how easy it is, as it is totally dependent on the job you're doing and the province.
Thanks. What is it generally like in the health and social care sector mainly youth work? I suppose different provinces will be crying out more for skilled workers in that field then others?
Old Oct 24th 2013, 8:32 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nobody can say how easy it is, as it is totally dependent on the job you're doing and the province.
Thanks. What is it generally like in the health and social care sector mainly youth work? I suppose different provinces will be crying out more for skilled workers in that field then others?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.