IEC 2013

Old Oct 9th 2013, 3:54 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

I've got people I know in Vancouver, which is where I am heading, so should be ok. My ex- boyfriend is British living in Toronto, where I was going to move to with him, until he decided to get with a Canadian to possibly try and get PR status lol!

Maybe I'm bitter and just promoting independence. Haha!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 4:53 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Because it's part of my identity, in BC they accept UK driving licence as a form of ID and plus after the year or 2 years when the visa expires and I return to UK, I have to pay another £21 for a replacement.
A driving licence is not part of someones identity. End of the day either get a Canadian driving licence and drive or keep the UK one and don't drive.

When you go back to the UK buy another one!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 5:20 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
A driving licence is not part of someones identity. End of the day either get a Canadian driving licence and drive or keep the UK one and don't drive.

When you go back to the UK buy another one!
Ok let's end the discussion then. Jeez!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Siouxie
What Province is this in? Different Provinces have different regulations.

For example, to purchase a 2nd hand car in Ontario you are required to have a sellers pack from the original owner before you can register it.

In Alberta sorry
Old Oct 9th 2013, 6:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
In Alberta sorry
http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1763.cfm

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/...m#jm_FirstTime

Old Oct 9th 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

Thank you!!
Old Oct 10th 2013, 5:45 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Has anyone with their IEC permit had any experience with leaving & returning to Canada?
But I plan to visit home for xmas and then come back ...
Old Oct 10th 2013, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snuggs
Has anyone with their IEC permit had any experience with leaving & returning to Canada?
But I plan to visit home for xmas and then come back ...
I leave and renter Canada 5-6 times a month and have never had a single issue.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Funny all this discussion about driving licences... My mum informed me that I've got a letter saying my UK one is up for renewal at my birthday (in Nov). Which means I've gotta quickly swap over my current one before it expires to get a BC licence, rather than going through all the trouble of getting the new UK one and then having to give it to Canada to put in the bin!

I personally don't see the issue of having to pay out of pocket a bit in order to have the privilege to drive in multiple countries. It would be nice if people could keep multiple, and it is rather pointless that they just throw them away, but I don't really see how anyone should be entitled to do these kinda things for free.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 11:24 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Funny all this discussion about driving licences... My mum informed me that I've got a letter saying my UK one is up for renewal at my birthday (in Nov). Which means I've gotta quickly swap over my current one before it expires to get a BC licence, rather than going through all the trouble of getting the new UK one and then having to give it to Canada to put in the bin!

I personally don't see the issue of having to pay out of pocket a bit in order to have the privilege to drive in multiple countries. It would be nice if people could keep multiple, and it is rather pointless that they just throw them away, but I don't really see how anyone should be entitled to do these kinda things for free.
We also don't need to do an additional test!
Old Oct 17th 2013, 10:51 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by cbrown89
We also don't need to do an additional test!
I don't think you do for most countries to be honest, then again could be wrong...
Old Oct 17th 2013, 2:35 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I don't think you do for most countries to be honest, then again could be wrong...
http://www.servicealberta.ca/1671.cfm
Old Oct 21st 2013, 9:45 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Random... But has anyone else be given a 2 year permit by mistake???
I want to stay after the first year expires but unsure what to do now... my permit should have been 12 months but I was given a 2 year visa and was to worried to correct their mistake at the time.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snuggs
Random... But has anyone else be given a 2 year permit by mistake???
I want to stay after the first year expires but unsure what to do now... my permit should have been 12 months but I was given a 2 year visa and was to worried to correct their mistake at the time.
I got issued a two year permit a few weeks ago.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

Hi

Has anyone been isssued their LOI/POE - but still not had there Kompass account updated.

Mine still says pending, however, I've had my POE for a while now - we are travelling to Vancouver in March.

I'm not too worried, as I have the official document to say that I have my IEC visa - just wondered if it has happened to anyone else, and if you just enetered Canada normally?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.