IEC 2013

Old May 29th 2013, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

jonnycross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by charliepancake
i'm still waiting, wtn 76XX, hopefully they r sending 300 out every ten days!!
thank god Im not alone. Shouldn't be long now!
Old May 29th 2013, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

jennylindsaygray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charliepancake
i'm still waiting, wtn 76XX, hopefully they r sending 300 out every ten days!!
Do we reckon they are doing that? I heard that too, but surely it must be narrowing down as they fill the places. Like they might ask 300 the first time but fill 100 places so only ask 200 the second time? I don't know. You'd think they'd always ask the amount of people they'd have places for and keep doing it until there were no places left... It would be nice to have a proper insight into what system they are using!
Old May 30th 2013, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

beaujolais is an unknown quantity at this point

Both of our friends daughters emailed them and had replies within the hour, something wrong with their system.
Old May 30th 2013, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Gillsmac is an unknown quantity at this point

POE today finally!!
Old May 30th 2013, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jennylindsaygray
Do we reckon they are doing that? I heard that too, but surely it must be narrowing down as they fill the places. Like they might ask 300 the first time but fill 100 places so only ask 200 the second time? I don't know. You'd think they'd always ask the amount of people they'd have places for and keep doing it until there were no places left... It would be nice to have a proper insight into what system they are using!
I've heard of someone with the WTN 75xx receiving the payment request. I'm in the 75xx range. I hope it's not much longer!
Old May 30th 2013, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

travel2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

I received my LOI today... very excited, and was hoping to get my CIC forms filled in asap but so far I have had nothing but trouble, just answering the questions before you can create an account is a challenge, I keep getting the following message:

You don't have permission to access the requested object.
It is either read-protected or not readable by the server

I have entered user names passwords etc, and every time I try to proceed I get errors.
I have looked back on here for help with cic but after trying about 40pages I've had enough.
If anyone could either give me a page number(on here) that will give me the info I need to fill the correct forms in, or a site link.

I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance
Old May 30th 2013, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

smr07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but just wanted to make sure I have the correct docs and everything, is the POE letter you receive from the CIC the same thing as the LOI?

Thank you!
Old May 30th 2013, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

such_doubts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, has anyone else withdrawn their application for IEC and received a refund? I emailed IEC 6 weeks ago stating my intention to withdraw my application and requesting a refund. Apart from generic responses that my request is being processed, I have heard nothing - my Kompass account status has not changed and I don't have a refund. I keep emailing and getting the same reply...has anyone else been through this process and knows how to get this sorted?

Apart from the refund I know there are plenty of people in the queue waiting for a place to open up and as I'm actively trying to withdraw I know it's completely unfair on people who are desperate to come to Canada!

Any help gratefully received!
Old May 30th 2013, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

kyoto23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, a few questions regarding entering Canada with my IEC..

I'm looking to enter into Canada in just under 2 weeks as a tourist, and not activate my IEC yet. I have an apartment in Toronto already, but not intending to have a job until at least some point in July.

I know this will get a little more complicated with proof of funds paperwork etc.

BUT.. Am I able to do this? Is this acceptable at the border? I'm doing a bit of traveling to and from New York before I properly settle in to TO working life again and do not want to waste valuable time of my IEC with no intention of immediately looking for work when I arrive next week.

Does anyone have any advice in this area? If so, please share!

Many thanks.
Old May 30th 2013, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smr07
Hi,
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but just wanted to make sure I have the correct docs and everything, is the POE letter you receive from the CIC the same thing as the LOI?

Thank you!
Yes.
Old May 30th 2013, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kyoto23
Guys, a few questions regarding entering Canada with my IEC..

I'm looking to enter into Canada in just under 2 weeks as a tourist, and not activate my IEC yet. I have an apartment in Toronto already, but not intending to have a job until at least some point in July.

I know this will get a little more complicated with proof of funds paperwork etc.

BUT.. Am I able to do this? Is this acceptable at the border? I'm doing a bit of traveling to and from New York before I properly settle in to TO working life again and do not want to waste valuable time of my IEC with no intention of immediately looking for work when I arrive next week.

Does anyone have any advice in this area? If so, please share!

Many thanks.
Providing you are not inadmissible and have sufficient funds over and above the $2500 required under the IEC then yes you can enter as a visitor prior to activating the IEC. Make sure you have the LOI/POE with you when entering and tell them you will be seeking work based on the IEC.
Old May 30th 2013, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

segaste is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jennylindsaygray
Ooh glad it was so simple from you. I feel like the Vancouver border might be different, not sure. I'm here as a visitor at the moment but it was not really plain sailing when I came in.

Does that mean you're not using the whole year, I was slightly confused and intrigued by your post! Are you just planning on doing the IEC from October to next May then?
Yep, that's right. Due to a long story, I can't go to Canada to stay until October. If things go well I'll try for a second IEC.
Old May 30th 2013, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

jennylindsaygray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by segaste
Yep, that's right. Due to a long story, I can't go to Canada to stay until October. If things go well I'll try for a second IEC.
Cool. Best of luck then! Thanks for getting back to me.
Old May 31st 2013, 9:41 am
Just Joined

rpurdie will become famous soon enoughrpurdie will become famous soon enough

I was 74XX and just got a letter last week asking for payment of the initial £100, but since applying I have got my permanent residency so ill be passing up on it.. hope one of you still waiting gets the benefit!
Old May 31st 2013, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rpurdie
I was 74XX and just got a letter last week asking for payment of the initial £100, but since applying I have got my permanent residency so ill be passing up on it.. hope one of you still waiting gets the benefit!
congrats and thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.