IEC 2013

Old May 7th 2013, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Nicholas85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by Stephen47
Hey!
I received a refusal email yesterday to say I never submitted my finger prints which in fact I did. I'm little annoyed why I was refused as I followed instructions and submitted them on the C-126C form. I applied in stage 2 and I'm already in Canada applying for my 2nd year IEC. I'm going to call them today to see what the hell is going on as I know this is wrong on their part. Any one else been in the same situation as I have? If so, I'd like to know if you were successful in overturning their decision.
Hi
I was also refused because I didn't send a document back in time when I did. I e-mailed CIC with a screen shot showing that I provided the form and they have re-opened my application. It took them about a month to get back to me.
Old May 7th 2013, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

adamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!
I received a refusal email yesterday to say I never submitted my finger prints which in fact I did. I'm little annoyed why I was refused as I followed instructions and submitted them on the C-126C form. I applied in stage 2 and I'm already in Canada applying for my 2nd year IEC. I'm going to call them today to see what the hell is going on as I know this is wrong on their part. Any one else been in the same situation as I have? If so, I'd like to know if you were successful in overturning their decision.
I'm in same situation in Canada and applying for 2nd year was rejected for not providing IEC letter. I'm on hold on phone now. Told me waiting time was 8 minutes been on nearly half an hour.

This whole online system is a mess. Last year it worked so much better bung it all in an envelope and send it off.

EDIT:

Spoke on phone they retrieved my emails and forwarded them on to the right department. I had emailed a back up of my IEC Letter. He said there is no knowing how long this will take and there is no way for me to contact them and find out where this process is up to with regards to reopening.

Last edited by adamducker; May 7th 2013 at 12:46 pm.
Old May 7th 2013, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nicholas85
Hi
I was also refused because I didn't send a document back in time when I did. I e-mailed CIC with a screen shot showing that I provided the form and they have re-opened my application. It took them about a month to get back to me.
Hey!

So when you resent a document was you accepted again? If this is the case, then I have hope. I don't want to be refused as I know I sent the finger prints twice but I very concerned why this has happen. I'm on the phone on hold as i'm typing this too. I'm very worried!!
Old May 7th 2013, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

adamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond reputeadamducker has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!

So when you resent a document was you accepted again? If this is the case, then I have hope. I don't want to be refused as I know I sent the finger prints twice but I very concerned why this has happen. I'm on the phone on hold as i'm typing this too. I'm very worried!!
He said he retrieved emails and forwarded then to correct department to review and decide about reopening. I guess at least that proves I sent my ice letter before the end of May 6th which is the deadline they gave me. So I'm still stuck wondering what the hell is going on until they contact me.

EDIT:

One other thing I should make clear they could not confirm how long any of this would take or whether it would indeed be reopened. My girlfriend did say though this is likely protocol.

Last edited by adamducker; May 7th 2013 at 1:12 pm.
Old May 7th 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by adamducker
He said he retrieved emails and forwarded then to correct department to review and decide about reopening. I guess at least that proves I sent my ice letter before the end of May 6th which is the deadline they gave me. So I'm still stuck wondering what the hell is going on until they contact me.
I've just got off the phone to a guy from CIC and he basically told me he will review what I said and pass it onto another department. I asked him if there was a chance if my application will be reopened, and he said only if there was a mistake on their end.

I know for a fact I submitted my finger prints on time and it was on the correct form. The funny thing is I received the first email to provide finger prints on April 7th and within a week I submitted them. I then receive another email on April 28th to provide finger prints again. Luckily I had sent an email just before I sent off my finger prints again to say there has to be a mistake as I sent them previously. Hopefully I will be accepted as I haven't done anything wrong, I followed the instructions as stated on the email. Now I have to play the waiting game and wait for someone to get back in touch with me. Last year's application were so much easier....I don't like the whole online application, it's a mess!
Old May 7th 2013, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

I've just got off the phone to a guy from CIC and he basically told me he will review what I said and pass it onto another department. I asked him if there was a chance if my application will be reopened, and he said only if there was a mistake on their end.

I know for a fact I submitted my finger prints on time and it was on the correct form. The funny thing is I received the first email to provide finger prints on April 7th and within a week I submitted them. I then receive another email on April 28th to provide finger prints again. Luckily I had sent an email just before I sent off my finger prints again to say there has to be a mistake as I sent them previously. Hopefully I will be accepted as I haven't done anything wrong, I followed the instructions as stated on the email. Now I have to play the waiting game and wait for someone to get back in touch with me. Last year's application were so much easier....I don't like the whole online application, it's a mess!
Same here I know I submitted my IEC letter twice! So annoying let me know when you hear back did that give any indication of time scale?
Old May 7th 2013, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Same here I know I submitted my IEC letter twice! So annoying let me know when you hear back did that give any indication of time scale?
The guy didn't give any indication of when I'll hear back from them. He just simply said I will be contacted soon.

Now I'm going to be worried and concerned until they reach a verdict. I don't think I can take any of this any more. The tension is unbearable
Old May 7th 2013, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

The guy didn't give any indication of when I'll hear back from them. He just simply said I will be contacted soon.

Now I'm going to be worried and concerned until they reach a verdict. I don't think I can take any of this any more. The tension is unbearable
Yep I know mind racing and now I have to go to work with all this on my mind. I hope we are talking days rather than weeks.
Old May 7th 2013, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Yep I know mind racing and now I have to go to work with all this on my mind. I hope we are talking days rather than weeks.
Well according to Nicholas85's comment he got a reply back from CIC and said it took him about a month. I'm hoping to hear back within a few days or even a few weeks. I need an answer ASAP.
Old May 7th 2013, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Well according to Nicholas85's comment he got a reply back from CIC and said it took him about a month. I'm hoping to hear back within a few days or even a few weeks. I need an answer ASAP.
But from what I understand he only emailed? I don't have a a clue though what our other options are to stay.
Old May 7th 2013, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

But from what I understand he only emailed? I don't have a a clue though what our other options are to stay.
Switch over to visitor status until CIC make a decision and send the LOI/POE so you can get a work permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

IEC work permits cannot be extended.
Old May 7th 2013, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Gillsmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolcanada
Applied 13th April and emailed a few times to hurry them up. on 1st may got an email saying i should have it within 7 working days. im guna email tomorrow to say i havent got it (even though i know the 7 working days hasnt ended) and try and hurry them up again coz im desperate for it now!!

keep me updated if you get yours!!
Hello
I got that 7 day email the same day as you. Hopefully we will hear very soon, im emailing again tomorrow if nothing comes through today.
Old May 7th 2013, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Nicholas85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
So what happened in my case was I got a request letter from CIC on 6th March asking me to submit form IMM5707 with a required by date of 14th March. I sent the form back on the 8th March. I then got the refusal letter on the 12th March saying that as I had not sent back form IMM5707 in time my application had been refused. I e-mailed IEC first and they told me to e-mail CIC. I e-mailed CIC on 4th April with a screen shot of what I sent and that they refused the visa 2 days before the required date for the documents.
I got a reply from CIC on 2nd May telling me that the application has been reopened and I need to send them form IMM5707 by the 6th June. I have filled it in, printed it, scanned it and saved it but I am unable to upload it onto the CIC website-under options in the supporting documents section it is just blank. I e-mailed them again on 3rd May telling them I can't upload the form-I attached the form to the e-mail in a hope they will accept it.
Have any of you guys had difficulty uploading documents?
Old May 7th 2013, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Switch over to visitor status until CIC make a decision and send the LOI/POE so you can get a work permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

IEC work permits cannot be extended.
What if they say no? That's my more immediate concern. I can go say a few weeks without working but not the months and months it would take to apply for some other form of visa. I have bills and stuff to pay. Was really banking on that 2nd year of IEC before seeking alternative measures.

It does say:

I am currently in Canada with a work permit issued under the IEC initiative. My employer would like me to continue working after the permit expires. Is this possible under IEC? What should I do?

You may not work in Canada without holding a valid work permit. Keeping in mind that a work permit issued under the IEC initative cannot be renewed or extended, one possibility remains:

If you wish to prolong your stay in Canada under Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Temporary Foreign Workers Program, you must apply for a work permit at least 30 days before the the expiry date of your current status as an IEC participant.
on the cic website....this implies it can be sorted out within 30 days? Or am I reading the wording too optimistically?

Originally Posted by Nicholas85
Hi
So what happened in my case was I got a request letter from CIC on 6th March asking me to submit form IMM5707 with a required by date of 14th March. I sent the form back on the 8th March. I then got the refusal letter on the 12th March saying that as I had not sent back form IMM5707 in time my application had been refused. I e-mailed IEC first and they told me to e-mail CIC. I e-mailed CIC on 4th April with a screen shot of what I sent and that they refused the visa 2 days before the required date for the documents.
I got a reply from CIC on 2nd May telling me that the application has been reopened and I need to send them form IMM5707 by the 6th June. I have filled it in, printed it, scanned it and saved it but I am unable to upload it onto the CIC website-under options in the supporting documents section it is just blank. I e-mailed them again on 3rd May telling them I can't upload the form-I attached the form to the e-mail in a hope they will accept it.
Have any of you guys had difficulty uploading documents?
I did have difficulties related to uploading the IMM5707 but eventually I managed to get around it and uploaded it. I was requested to upload the IEC Letter for a second time which I did and they emailed before the end of 6th May to say it had not been uploaded. Bare in mind the request email was sent at 9.15PM on the 2nd May. I received the refusal email at 4.45PM on the 6th. I had in fact uploaded it a second time and on the 6th had also emailed it as had heard of similar problems with it being said it wasn't uploaded. I now can't attach any new documents to my application....

I'm hoping it sorts out just the waiting game is killing me.
Old May 7th 2013, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

What if they say no? That's my more immediate concern. I can go say a few weeks without working but not the months and months it would take to apply for some other form of visa. I have bills and stuff to pay. Was really banking on that 2nd year of IEC before seeking alternative measures.

It does say:

on the cic website....this implies it can be sorted out within 30 days? Or am I reading the wording too optimistically?

I did have difficulties related to uploading the IMM5707 but eventually I managed to get around it and uploaded it. I was requested to upload the IEC Letter for a second time which I did and they emailed before the end of 6th May to say it had not been uploaded. Bare in mind the request email was sent at 9.15PM on the 2nd May. I received the refusal email at 4.45PM on the 6th. I had in fact uploaded it a second time and on the 6th had also emailed it as had heard of similar problems with it being said it wasn't uploaded. I now can't attach any new documents to my application....

I'm hoping it sorts out just the waiting game is killing me.
No it says apply within 30 days before the current one expires not it will be processed within 30 days. Current online applications are taking about 40 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.