IEC 2013

Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

IanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really nice
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by travel2013
So worse case scenario for those that are unsuccessful this time.
When are the next Visas for Canada?
I mean are they only released once a year or will there be some more maybe Autumn/Winter?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some information, I have tried googling but I can not find the answer.

In regards to earliers fiasco, I have emailed the IEC with my query on the WTN numbers.
If/When I hear anything I will be sure to leave a message on here
I would hold on, keep your fingers crossed and see how this all plays out. It is clear there has been a series of errors with the process this year, it wouldn't surprise me if one more window opens as a whole bunch of dubplicate WTN's have been dished out to people.

Keep your eye on here and the IEC website too see how things go.

Historically, the IEC would open at the begining of the year. This time round it was much later and had so many problems. When I first applied, it was in December, so hopefully if worst comes to worst you'll have to hold on until then if they revert back to the old time line
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Saffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to all

Originally Posted by travel2013
So worse case scenario for those that are unsuccessful this time.
When are the next Visas for Canada?
I mean are they only released once a year or will there be some more maybe Autumn/Winter?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some information, I have tried googling but I can not find the answer.

In regards to earliers fiasco, I have emailed the IEC with my query on the WTN numbers.
If/When I hear anything I will be sure to leave a message on here
IEC visas are given out at the start of every year. So no, they won't be opening in Autumn/Winter for 2013 visas. It's going to be roughly another year before you can apply again, I'm afraid.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

In regards to a medical (I had a medical done for my last year visa..so last 12 months). However it asks to give proof of this. How can I prove that I had a medical? :s I didn't receive a receipt or any official documentation. :/ I am on my first year IEC here already.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

sumrandomguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Byrne18
Hey all,

I have also been following this thread very closely the last few weeks and it has been extremely helpful. I feel your pain. I have been here in Canada since July, have a place and semi-secure job in Toronto and have been attempting to get my life here on the tracks. This whole process has been more distressing than I ever thought possible, and I'm sure it will continue to be.

I am in Revelstoke, BC at the moment staying with an old friend. I got up at 4am (8 hours behind London) In order to go through this awful process one more time. I am extremely relieved to say that I managed to get my WTN within the first few minutes of them opening at 3pm GMT.

However, I think it is important for everyone, whether you get your visa or not, to flood every contact involved with this damn process with seriously angry complaints. Whether it's an email contact from the website, the Foreign Affairs office in Ottawa, or the Canadian Embassy in London (or even the papers!) it needs to be known how terrible this whole process has been.

I'm not sure how any of this has been easier for anyone who has applied compared to recent years. I applied last year at the beginning of May and had my visa within 6 weeks. Yes, the paper work was irritating, but I would choose that option over this in an instant. How they feel it is acceptable to play with peoples lives like this is is shocking to me. It was like a human lottery, no? Like some crazy Japanese game show where you get punished if you don't answer a question correctly or within the 10 second time frame. I understand for a lot of people it's simply a year away (which is devastating enough, I know how much people save and plan for these trips), but for many of us it's the first few steps to permanent residence.

It just blows my mind. I can't get my head around how anyone could've assessed this whole situation and not seen this coming. What about those people who have jobs they can't get away from for a few hours to apply? Or if something serious came up and you had to leave your computer urgently, even if it's just for a matter of half an hour? After getting my WTN today about 5 minutes after 3pm I kept thinking, "What if I'd run to the loo or had to grab the phone and walked away for a few minutes? Everything could've been very different." Because a matter of a minute or 2 has felt so vital in all of this. And that's not right. I have a friend back home who managed to get through on the second round and he said to me, "I am now so worried that I haven't filled everything in correctly. How can you possibly be sure when you have 10-20 seconds to fill something in before getting kicked off the server, and you're shaking all over from stress?" And they don't even give you a time when they're gonna open?? The first round came and went and I didn't realise until it was closed again. And then the panic with them resetting the IEC Category last night? ****ed up to say the least!

Anyway, I don't think my bitter rant is unnecessary. I certainly feel lucky today, but I can't imagine how devastated so many people out there must be and how awful I would feel if I was in the same boat. I just feel like this whole thing has been very, very wrong and someone deserves to be yelled at about it. A lot. And I'm sure you'll all agree you don't want it to happen again next year?

Ok, rant over. Apologies. I just feel like we all ought to make some serious noise over this mess.
Absolutely how I feel, the first round I was at work, I don't get home until 7PM... I have a pregnant girlfriend in Canada and I wanted so badly to move over and be with her for a year or two and then look at getting temporary residence. I've already sent a rather irate email to the email on the "Contact Us" page... But anyway, the first round, I missed completely, I got home and checked as soon as I got back, like I have been every day since I got home from Canada on the 7th January; I saw that the applications had already opened and closed, I was annoyed of course but there was always the second round...

I took a half day at work on the second round, missing out on pay, which is obviously very important, and at the end of it, I didn't even get to apply! I managed to create an account when the applications opened but the website seemed to get so swamped with applicants, I couldn't even fill any of my details out and the second round had already closed before I managed to fill anything out...

This last round, I took another half day off of work, which turned out to be a waste of time because instead of opening at 5PM like they have for the past two rounds, I suppose they thought it'd be hilarious to change the time to 3PM. 5PM is inconvenient enough as it is for most people, let alone changing it to bloody 3PM! I completely missed out again. And now have to wait until next year, when they quite easily could have left the applications as they were and given everyone a fair chance. As for the having more than one WTN, that's absolutely ridiculous and another example of why it shouldn't have been done online. I am absolutely furious, I've never been through anything quite like this.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Saffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to allSaffska is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hitozutsu
In regards to a medical (I had a medical done for my last year visa..so last 12 months). However it asks to give proof of this. How can I prove that I had a medical? :s I didn't receive a receipt or any official documentation. :/ I am on my first year IEC here already.
I haven't had/needed a medical done but it should be a certificate or similar right? If so, then there'd be a date of issue on the certificate.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitozutsu
How long ago exactly was it you had it done? They're only valid for a year.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Saffska
I haven't had/needed a medical done but it should be a certificate or similar right? If so, then there'd be a date of issue on the certificate.
I did not receive a certificate or anything :/. It was sent off by the GP and then a few weeks later got my LOI. Thats all..So nothing in between. But I had one done for the current visa I am on.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
How long ago exactly was it you had it done? They're only valid for a year.
I had it done last June. I still have 3 months left of it.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Hattie99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Byrne18
Hey all,

I have also been following this thread very closely the last few weeks and it has been extremely helpful. I feel your pain. I have been here in Canada since July, have a place and semi-secure job in Toronto and have been attempting to get my life here on the tracks. This whole process has been more distressing than I ever thought possible, and I'm sure it will continue to be.

I am in Revelstoke, BC at the moment staying with an old friend. I got up at 4am (8 hours behind London) In order to go through this awful process one more time. I am extremely relieved to say that I managed to get my WTN within the first few minutes of them opening at 3pm GMT.

However, I think it is important for everyone, whether you get your visa or not, to flood every contact involved with this damn process with seriously angry complaints. Whether it's an email contact from the website, the Foreign Affairs office in Ottawa, or the Canadian Embassy in London (or even the papers!) it needs to be known how terrible this whole process has been.

I'm not sure how any of this has been easier for anyone who has applied compared to recent years. I applied last year at the beginning of May and had my visa within 6 weeks. Yes, the paper work was irritating, but I would choose that option over this in an instant. How they feel it is acceptable to play with peoples lives like this is is shocking to me. It was like a human lottery, no? Like some crazy Japanese game show where you get punished if you don't answer a question correctly or within the 10 second time frame. I understand for a lot of people it's simply a year away (which is devastating enough, I know how much people save and plan for these trips), but for many of us it's the first few steps to permanent residence.

It just blows my mind. I can't get my head around how anyone could've assessed this whole situation and not seen this coming. What about those people who have jobs they can't get away from for a few hours to apply? Or if something serious came up and you had to leave your computer urgently, even if it's just for a matter of half an hour? After getting my WTN today about 5 minutes after 3pm I kept thinking, "What if I'd run to the loo or had to grab the phone and walked away for a few minutes? Everything could've been very different." Because a matter of a minute or 2 has felt so vital in all of this. And that's not right. I have a friend back home who managed to get through on the second round and he said to me, "I am now so worried that I haven't filled everything in correctly. How can you possibly be sure when you have 10-20 seconds to fill something in before getting kicked off the server, and you're shaking all over from stress?" And they don't even give you a time when they're gonna open?? The first round came and went and I didn't realise until it was closed again. And then the panic with them resetting the IEC Category last night? ****ed up to say the least!

Anyway, I don't think my bitter rant is unnecessary. I certainly feel lucky today, but I can't imagine how devastated so many people out there must be and how awful I would feel if I was in the same boat. I just feel like this whole thing has been very, very wrong and someone deserves to be yelled at about it. A lot. And I'm sure you'll all agree you don't want it to happen again next year?

Ok, rant over. Apologies. I just feel like we all ought to make some serious noise over this mess.
I absolutely agree. My Dad flooded every Canadian embassy e-mail today and has been sending them choice posts from this site (without names). He has read receipt tracking on and though he hasn't had any replies some have at least been read. I have a WTN number (well 2 actually - oops) and if my application goes through he is going to write to the Canadian High Commissioner. My mum is writing to the Times (travel correspondent).
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sumrandomguy
This last round, I took another half day off of work, which turned out to be a waste of time because instead of opening at 5PM like they have for the past two rounds, I suppose they thought it'd be hilarious to change the time to 3PM.
It opened at 3pm for the second round too.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sumrandomguy
This last round, I took another half day off of work, which turned out to be a waste of time because instead of opening at 5PM like they have for the past two rounds, I suppose they thought it'd be hilarious to change the time to 3PM. 5PM is inconvenient enough as it is for most people, let alone changing it to bloody 3PM! I completely missed out again. And now have to wait until next year, when they quite easily could have left the applications as they were and given everyone a fair chance. As for the having more than one WTN, that's absolutely ridiculous and another example of why it shouldn't have been done online. I am absolutely furious, I've never been through anything quite like this.
Although to be honest, the 1st Quota round opened at 5pm. The last 2 Quota rounds have been opened at 3pm.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

elkanofan is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still waiting for any kind of update on this situation

has anyone been sent WTN confirmation emails?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

sumrandomguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It opened at 3pm for the second round too.
I was pretty sure it opened at 5pm, I was there just before 5pm and it wasn't open...
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elkanofan
I'm still waiting for any kind of update on this situation

has anyone been sent WTN confirmation emails?
Nothing. Zilch. Zero. Nada.
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Hattie99
I absolutely agree. My Dad flooded every Canadian embassy e-mail today and has been sending them choice posts from this site (without names). He has read receipt tracking on and though he hasn't had any replies some have at least been read. I have a WTN number (well 2 actually - oops) and if my application goes through he is going to write to the Canadian High Commissioner. My mum is writing to the Times (travel correspondent).
Jolly good, so maybe they'll revert back to the old system then. Presumably you'd be happy with that? Of course, that will mean those with kids can't apply, those with Canadian partners can't either, you can only get 1 visa, there is the residency requirement etc, etc. So a lot of other unhappy people if they revert back to the old way of doing it.

Glad your Dad has 'flooded' the Embassy with emails. Those of us that have been waiting years for visas are very grateful that he's delayed things even further.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.