IEC 2013

Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

onyourradar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by twist_freeride
Yeah, I don't think you will get rejected. They can't reject you for the payment as it will have been timed stamped when they received it. Not your fault if they screwed up. Did you defo put the short WTN on your reference for the payment?
Yeah but from my receipt I looked at it later and saw that the 'GB 355' is the details text so maybe its under a bank ref number on their statements? but either way, they can't just go on forever never acknowledging this random £100 in their account! Its the most frustrated i've ever been in my life and has really got me down the last few days.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onyourradar
Yeah but from my receipt I looked at it later and saw that the 'GB 355' is the details text so maybe its under a bank ref number on their statements? but either way, they can't just go on forever never acknowledging this random £100 in their account! Its the most frustrated i've ever been in my life and has really got me down the last few days.
Yeah that's pretty rough man, it is prob worth re-applying tomorrow just in case. Try and get through on the phone while you are waiting. They are really frustrating to deal with because they are so hard to get through to.

Only tip I could offer is when you send a message in 'my messages' put URGENT in capitals and mention payment in the subject. I did this and it's the only way I could get them to acknowledge the email
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

mjball is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mjball
Well I think i'm prepared for tomorrow. A question about the passport scan if I may, sorry if its been asked already. Do you have to upload every page in your passport? And does it have to be just one document?
Ah I see. Thanks!

I guess it's probably going to open at 5pm UK time again, what are the bets on how fast these ones will go?! I think it might take 24hrs this time
Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

James1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you think they'll open round 2 tomorrow if they haven't finished processing the first round yet?

It just makes me think that they'll take another week to verify my stage one!
Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

Think it would be okay to use safari to log in and so forth, or should I get firefox?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

StirlingLaw12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its ashame that you are waiting this long to have your payment verified. I dont think they will reject your application but I think they have made a mistake somewhere during the process and havent verified your payment yet.

I do hope that you can get through to someone at the call centre tommorow and get it sorted before round 2 opens. If not then I would try again using another email address. I have been reading your posts and I am keeping an eye out for a post saying "payment verified"! We are behind you, hoping and praying
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

supergenesis is an unknown quantity at this point

Btw, I'm in the same boat as you. It's been over a week and still no payment verification. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Diverse is an unknown quantity at this point

CIC not working?

SORRY ... this on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons:

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

RickD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RickD
Ah that makes sense, unfortunately i missed out on the first round as I had to work and the places had been filled once I got home (I'm in BC)

I have seen people posting about proof of payment, are any of you already in canada, and if so how are you doing it. I have online banking setup in the UK but want to be sure that proof of payment from online banking is good enough. Or is it best to get someone in the UK to actually go into a bank and pay it?
Any idea on the above people, has anone chosen to pay via online banking and had their proof rejected?

Also, for the person who was asking about having their phone unlocked, make sure that it can run on the GSM data network over here. My HTC Desire HD only picks up EGDE data network which is pretty much unusable except for whatsapp and Email, and I signed up to a 2 year plan including data . You can get most phones here in BC on a 2 year contract for $0-100 upfont payment depending on what handset you want
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

OntarioIsForLovers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clare88
I know, it would be amazing! Yeah he's flying with me. He's been here 4 months now on a one way, got in here no problem. It's so nerve wrecking!
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how come you need to do the IEC thing if you're married to a Canadian, can't you do spousal sponsor?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Clare88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OntarioIsForLovers
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how come you need to do the IEC thing if you're married to a Canadian, can't you do spousal sponsor?
Cos of the time it takes. A guy I know moved from the UK with his Canadian wife and it took him 14 months or something to submit his application and get his PR. I can't afford to not work for that amount of time so while my application is in process I can work if I have IEC
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

onyourradar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by supergenesis
Btw, I'm in the same boat as you. It's been over a week and still no payment verification. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.
Really? Well without sounding horrible, Its nice to know i'm not the only one! A tiny ray of light just came into my eyes hopefully something will give tomorrow!

And thanks guys for all your kind messages - I really do appreciate it
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RickD
Any idea on the above people, has anone chosen to pay via online banking and had their proof rejected?

Also, for the person who was asking about having their phone unlocked, make sure that it can run on the GSM data network over here. My HTC Desire HD only picks up EGDE data network which is pretty much unusable except for whatsapp and Email, and I signed up to a 2 year plan including data . You can get most phones here in BC on a 2 year contract for $0-100 upfont payment depending on what handset you want
I used HSBC UK online banking and used a screen shot as proof, got verified no problem, I know other people did it too, so shouldn't see it being an issue

Last edited by OntarioIsForLovers; Feb 24th 2013 at 7:54 pm. Reason: Make sure you get the name of the bank in the screen shot too
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

supergenesis is an unknown quantity at this point

Really? Well without sounding horrible, Its nice to know i'm not the only one! A tiny ray of light just came into my eyes hopefully something will give tomorrow!

And thanks guys for all your kind messages - I really do appreciate it
There are definitely at least two others that are still waiting - they've said so on the various IEC Facebook groups.

I don't think there's any risk that we've lost our places. I seem to remember IEC telling the Irish not to worry if their payments hadn't been verified up to 10 days after.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clare88
Cos of the time it takes. A guy I know moved from the UK with his Canadian wife and it took him 14 months or something to submit his application and get his PR. I can't afford to not work for that amount of time so while my application is in process I can work if I have IEC
oh ok I see, thats kinda crappy then, I was planning on applying for PR after living with my BF for a year, hope it doesn't take me that long

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.