IEC 2013

Old Jan 13th 2013, 10:51 am
  #16  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by BritishExpatriate
I think you are spot on. What's more is that it would appear that once you get to that stage half way through the application where a place has been held for you and your application conditionally accepted, you now have up to 6 months to submit your application for the second half of the processing phase, which includes the criminal check.


But guys- none of this is confirmed and is just speculation for now so don't delay on police certificate applications on the basis of what's been written on this thread. I'll try to read some more of the bulletin and published documents and confirm this!
Speculation?

It's an operation bulletin - as in directions to CIC offices.. hardly speculation!

Operational manuals2013 Operational Bulletin 490 - January 11, 2013

** Bear in mind that this is a bulletin for all countries, some of which have already started the 2013 IEC program. Consequently, some countries application forms did not include that police certificates were to be submitted with the application. This part of the bulletin (IMO) simply clarifies that should an application be received prior to February the CIC office will need to request it, any applications made after February will include the information that a Police Certificate is required at time of application in the document check list etc. ***

Police Certificates:

Mandatory police certificate for IEC from requiring countries (see Appendix A) was not triggered automatically in the initial Come to Canada roll-out. This functionality will be added in the rollout scheduled for the end of January 2013.

For this reason, officers are instructed not to return applications missing the police certificate as incomplete until after April 1, 2013. This will accommodate any applicant who obtained their personal checklist prior to the implementation of the automatic trigger.

Prior to February 1, 2013: Officers and clerical staff will have to request the police certificate as an additional document in order for client to be able to submit it electronically.

After February 1, 2013: The police certificate will automatically be included in the Unique Checklist based on the country of citizenship (see Appendix A).

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 13th 2013 at 11:05 am. Reason: clarification
Siouxie is offline  
Old Jan 13th 2013, 11:19 am
  #17  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Rossburn, MB
Posts: 853
manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by MikeBrit
Is that 8 weeks for both stages of the process? 8 weeks is exactly what it was last year.
2 weeks for the first part, 6 weeks for the WP ... so yeah. But now the onus is on you, as you have to send things in for the 2nd part.

Trying to remember, if you get a WP from Vegreville, doesn't it have a specific date when it starts/end? It wouldn't be anymore the option of activating it at the airport? Or did I get that wrong?
manitobain is offline  
Old Jan 13th 2013, 11:24 am
  #18  
BE Enthusiast
 
BritishExpatriate's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 391
BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by siouxie
Speculation?

It's an operation bulletin - as in directions to CIC offices.. hardly speculation!

Operational manuals2013 Operational Bulletin 490 - January 11, 2013

** Bear in mind that this is a bulletin for all countries, some of which have already started the 2013 IEC program. Consequently, some countries application forms did not include that police certificates were to be submitted with the application. This part of the bulletin (IMO) simply clarifies that should an application be received prior to February the CIC office will need to request it, any applications made after February will include the information that a Police Certificate is required at time of application in the document check list etc. ***

Police Certificates:

Mandatory police certificate for IEC from requiring countries (see Appendix A) was not triggered automatically in the initial Come to Canada roll-out. This functionality will be added in the rollout scheduled for the end of January 2013.

For this reason, officers are instructed not to return applications missing the police certificate as incomplete until after April 1, 2013. This will accommodate any applicant who obtained their personal checklist prior to the implementation of the automatic trigger.

Prior to February 1, 2013: Officers and clerical staff will have to request the police certificate as an additional document in order for client to be able to submit it electronically.

After February 1, 2013: The police certificate will automatically be included in the Unique Checklist based on the country of citizenship (see Appendix A).
It's no surprise that the police certificate requirement is still a present requirement. But whereas it appears the police certificate will be needed only for the second stage, which it appears one will have up to 6 months to apply for after having received a conditional acceptance, we still don't know for sure whether or not it will be necessary to include the police certificate in the pack for the first part of the application process.

Especially given that it seems possible the second stage is to be applied for online- they're going to want to see the original certificate at one stage or the other, I guarantee you that. So if people are applying online for the second stage online it would appear perfectly plausible that they'd want to at least see the original copy of the police certificate during the first phase of the application in order to verify its authenticity. That's why I said it's all speculation at the moment- we know the police certificate will be required at some stage in the application process, but we don't know enough to be able to say to people: "take a back seat on the police certificate as you won't need it until at least a few weeks when you receive your conditional acceptance and even then you'll have 6 months to submit it!"
BritishExpatriate is offline  
Old Jan 13th 2013, 12:54 pm
  #19  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

Hi


Originally Posted by manitobain
2 weeks for the first part, 6 weeks for the WP ... so yeah. But now the onus is on you, as you have to send things in for the 2nd part.

Trying to remember, if you get a WP from Vegreville, doesn't it have a specific date when it starts/end? It wouldn't be anymore the option of activating it at the airport? Or did I get that wrong?
You will probably get a letter of Introduction (same as now) from the processing centre. It will have a validity date (probably) as when you have to present it at a Port of Entry to receive you Work Permit.
PMM is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:06 am
  #20  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 10
IEConfused is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

they are all gone anyway.

Last edited by IEConfused; Feb 15th 2013 at 12:20 am. Reason: missed out.
IEConfused is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:40 am
  #21  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 44
John_1902 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

I just checked IEC website and says its quota for the 1st round is closed. (whatever 1st round means), Does this mean chances for anyone who hasn't applied have gone and have to wait until the next year?
John_1902 is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:45 am
  #22  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 168
yeastery is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by John_1902
I just checked IEC website and says its quota for the 1st round is closed. (whatever 1st round means), Does this mean chances for anyone who hasn't applied have gone and have to wait until the next year?
No just means the quota for round 1. A futher 2000 spots will become available on the 25th of this month. See the thread here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787413
yeastery is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:15 am
  #23  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,103
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

Yep, please see the main IEC thread. I'm closing this older one now as the 2013 program is now opened officially.
christmasoompa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.