IEC 2013

Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:12 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC 2013

Hi

CIC has instituted a new procedure for IEC Work Permits for 2013. The new instruction are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2013/ob490.asp

Note applications for the UK and Ireland will have to follow these instructions when the IEC opens for your country of residence.

"Applicants will still be required to initiate their participation by submitting the IEC eligibility assessment to DFAIT. Once clients are conditionally accepted by DFAIT, applicants will be directed, in the Conditional Acceptance Letter from DFAIT, to submit their work permit application to CIC using e-Apps. The Conditional Acceptance Letter will be valid for six (6) months only.

If no work permit application has been received prior to the expiry of the Conditional Acceptance Letter, the person will no longer hold a place in the country quota. If a work permit application is received after the expiry of the Conditional Acceptance Letter, CIC will refuse the application on the basis of no valid letter."
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

CIC has instituted a new procedure for IEC Work Permits for 2013. The new instruction are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2013/ob490.asp

Note applications for the UK and Ireland will have to follow these instructions when the IEC opens for your country of residence.

"Applicants will still be required to initiate their participation by submitting the IEC eligibility assessment to DFAIT. Once clients are conditionally accepted by DFAIT, applicants will be directed, in the Conditional Acceptance Letter from DFAIT, to submit their work permit application to CIC using e-Apps. The Conditional Acceptance Letter will be valid for six (6) months only.

If no work permit application has been received prior to the expiry of the Conditional Acceptance Letter, the person will no longer hold a place in the country quota. If a work permit application is received after the expiry of the Conditional Acceptance Letter, CIC will refuse the application on the basis of no valid letter."
there goes the option of waiting until last minute of the year to activate it?

PMM:
could you explain this phrase: This OB also informs officers that the processing of IEC applications from six (6) countries (Australia, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand and United Kingdom) will be moved from the International Region to the Centralized Processing Region.
What does that mean for applicants? different office? same info still available as before on the usual site?

Last edited by manitobain; Jan 13th 2013 at 5:29 am. Reason: addition
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

flo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to all

It's all Greek to me... So does it mean that we have two separate applications to do now? And that we have 6 months as opposed to a year to start work in Canada?
Also, this paragraph made no sense to me:
Police Certificates:

Mandatory police certificate for IEC from requiring countries (see Appendix A) was not triggered automatically in the initial Come to Canada roll-out. This functionality will be added in the rollout scheduled for the end of January 2013.
For this reason, officers are instructed not to return applications missing the police certificate as incomplete until after April 1, 2013. This will accommodate any applicant who obtained their personal checklist prior to the implementation of the automatic trigger.
Prior to February 1, 2013: Officers and clerical staff will have to request the police certificate as an additional document in order for client to be able to submit it electronically.
After February 1, 2013: The police certificate will automatically be included in the Unique Checklist based on the country of citizenship.

I'm hoping to receive my FBI police check in the next 6 weeks or so, does this affect my application?
Thank you.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Is this likely to increase the overall application processing time?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

U r good for police certificate as far as I can see.
This is more directions for officers how to handle applications w/o police certificate.

Originally Posted by flo-bee
It's all Greek to me... So does it mean that we have two separate applications to do now? And that we have 6 months as opposed to a year to start work in Canada?
Police Certificates:

Mandatory police certificate for IEC from requiring countries (see Appendix A) was not triggered automatically in the initial Come to Canada roll-out. This functionality will be added in the rollout scheduled for the end of January 2013.
For this reason, officers are instructed not to return applications missing the police certificate as incomplete until after April 1, 2013. This will accommodate any applicant who obtained their personal checklist prior to the implementation of the automatic trigger.
Prior to February 1, 2013: Officers and clerical staff will have to request the police certificate as an additional document in order for client to be able to submit it electronically.
After February 1, 2013: The police certificate will automatically be included in the Unique Checklist based on the country of citizenship.

I'm hoping to receive my FBI police check in the next 6 weeks or so, does this affect my application?
Thank you.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeBrit
It says within 8 weeks. Is that increase or decrease?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds to me like you apply to the IEC first. They conditionally accept you (for up to 6 months), then you apply for the work permit part. That's just what I'm getting from that. Plus it's all now online!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Sounds to me like you apply to the IEC first. They conditionally accept you (for up to 6 months), then you apply for the work permit part. That's just what I'm getting from that. Plus it's all now online!
Yup ... And 3 different versions for all sorts of countries. Could mean though that u don't have about a years time to figure out best time for departure?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manitobain

PMM:
could you explain this phrase: This OB also informs officers that the processing of IEC applications from six (6) countries (Australia, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand and United Kingdom) will be moved from the International Region to the Centralized Processing Region.
What does that mean for applicants? different office? same info still available as before on the usual site?
Originally Posted by flo-bee
Police Certificates:

Thank you.
Originally Posted by MikeBrit
I think what this is saying is that once you're half way through the application, (I.e. you've been conditionally accepted), you then apply to a centralised system within Citizenship and Immigration Canada for the second half of your IEC application to be processed and you have 6 months to apply.

Once the work permit is issued, you will still have 1 year to land in Canada. Therefore if anything, it gives you just under 6 months extra to delay sending your application to the centralised system and then the same 12 months deadline to land once the work permit is approved. I may be wrong but that's my initial interpretation!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

PMM:
Centralized Processing Region consists of CPC Sydney, CPC Missisauga and CPC Vegreville. I'd imagine one of these offices would now process applications.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Wizardoffire is an unknown quantity at this point

fingers crossed this bulletin means that the scheme will hopefully open in the next few days
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on... am I reading this as you don't need a police certificate to apply until the "second part" of the application?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acrylicus
Hang on... am I reading this as you don't need a police certificate to apply until the "second part" of the application?
I think you are spot on. What's more is that it would appear that once you get to that stage half way through the application where a place has been held for you and your application conditionally accepted, you now have up to 6 months to submit your application for the second half of the processing phase, which includes the criminal check.

But guys- none of this is confirmed and is just speculation for now so don't delay on police certificate applications on the basis of what's been written on this thread. I'll try to read some more of the bulletin and published documents and confirm this!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Mike111 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Appendix A document has a table with requirements for each country and its states for the UK a Police Certificate is required and if you click on the link it takes you to this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-kingdom.asp

So as far as that goes I believe one is required - but it doesnt say when in the process or how it is submitted... If its all electronic now Im guessing we'll have to send a scanned copy of it...
Old Jan 13th 2013, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

It says within 8 weeks. Is that increase or decrease?
Is that 8 weeks for both stages of the process? 8 weeks is exactly what it was last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.