IEC 2013

Old Sep 8th 2012, 5:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

Hi

Originally Posted by set321go
I am travelling to canada on 25th october on my first IEC visa but I would like to get another one, but I need to renew my passport next year before I can reapply. I read that some people this year when they reapplied where issued with a second IEC visa that had to be activated within 2 weeks, is this correct? My current visa has 1 year from issue to activate.

Activate within 1 year of issuance.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

hopelong7 is an unknown quantity at this point

my buddy is in canada on the iec one year visa, he is trying to get his paperwork in order for the 2013 iec application. he is an irish resident and his visa runs out in march 2013. he has his new garda clearence form ready,but he is wondering will he need a canadian one,as he has been living there since march 2012.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by hopelong7
my buddy is in canada on the iec one year visa, he is trying to get his paperwork in order for the 2013 iec application. he is an irish resident and his visa runs out in march 2013. he has his new garda clearence form ready,but he is wondering will he need a canadian one,as he has been living there since march 2012.

No, he doesn't need a RCMP clearance certificate, CHC do a name check on their own.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

On your arrival in Canada, you must have a statement from your bank account that must have been issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly demonstrate you have sufficient funds in your account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500).

If you do not have a bank account statement that confirms you have sufficient funds to support yourself for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500) – at the time you arrive in Canada at the Port of Entry, you no longer meet the eligibility criteria to participate in the IEC initiative.
Hi Lancastrian,

I am bringing money into canada directly, obviously my bank account will not show I have the funds, as I have funds directly on me. I have converted all my money into CAD. What to do?
Old Dec 7th 2012, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitozutsu
Hi Lancastrian,

I am bringing money into canada directly, obviously my bank account will not show I have the funds, as I have funds directly on me. I have converted all my money into CAD. What to do?
If proof of funds is requested then you would just show CBSA the cash.
$2500 or over in cash is the same as money in an account.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

If proof of funds is requested then you would just show CBSA the cash.
$2500 or over in cash is the same as money in an account.
Ah. This may sound silly, but will i still need to show a bank statement or is the money alone significant? I am planning to bring some pay slips and the receipts of the money I converted to prove it wasn't laundered!
Old Dec 7th 2012, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by markstimson
Who knows if they index your second application against your first.
I believe the client ID (UCI) you are issued with, stays with you right up to citizenship (if you get that far).

I ordered notes from my PR case last year, and was suprised to see a photocopy in there of the Bunac work authorisation from 2006 that I never activated.

So yes, for sure they will link them.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitozutsu
Ah. This may sound silly, but will i still need to show a bank statement or is the money alone significant? I am planning to bring some pay slips and the receipts of the money I converted to prove it wasn't laundered!
No bank statement required if carrying cash that amounts to any amount imposed by CIC. It is unknown if there will be a requirement for proof of funds under the 2013 IEC programme or what the amount is if one is required as the 2013 IEC isnt open yet.
Check this website and the FAQ section for info regarding requirements for the 2013 programme.
If you look it states applicant must show sufficient funds amounting to $2500Cad in your bank account.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...w=d#ProofFunds
Old Dec 7th 2012, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

No bank statement required if carrying cash that amounts to any amount imposed by CIC. It is unknown if there will be a requirement for proof of funds under the 2013 IEC programme or what the amount is if one is required as the 2013 IEC isnt open yet.
Check this website and the FAQ section for info regarding requirements for the 2013 programme.
If you look it states applicant must show sufficient funds amounting to $2500Cad in your bank account.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...w=d#ProofFunds
Thanks a bunch! :-). (y)