IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Originally Posted by tim010
Yeah it looks good they got rid of those signed bank statements at the initial application as it seemed loads of people had problems with those.....Wonder if they will simplify it much more though?

Tim
it is all going to London now too, hopefully means payment will be more straightforward.

should be quicker overall too I would guess
Old Nov 19th 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

mazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone,

I thought that I would join the party too, everyone on here seems really knowledgable!

I plan on applying for IEC as soon as it opens again. I'm a 26 year old single female. I'll be leaving in September 2012 to do some travelling in the USA and I'll be arriving in BC late September - should everything go to plan!

At the moment I work as an Energy Advisor and Compliance Manager for the Government and I've found some companies in BC who do similar work, so I plan on making contact with them early next year so that they can expect my application later in the year. Im not too hung up on finding relevant work before I leave, but it would be a nice safety net.

BC/Vancouver is definitely my starting point as I have a couple of friends who live there...and judging by the Canadian 'hidden' job market accounting for 70-80% of all employment, I figured it would be useful to go somewhere that I know a couple of locals! And a province which unashamedly describes itself as 'The Best Place in the World' can't be too bad?

I would like to stay beyond the 12 months and will hopefully be able to apply for a WP before this expires...but we'll see what happens.

Anyway I thought I's share my story and say Hi! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and discovering how we'll all get on with our applications next year!
Old Nov 19th 2011, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite relieved about that, a lot of people seemed to struggle with that this year. Also takes off the pressure for getting the money together in time for January.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

leafsfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

On the FAQ section it says you still need a signed bank statement from within the week you leave from canada .

If i am successful and get a visa for the 2012 initiative when is the best time to enter Canada so that once that visa expires i can reapply again ... December or January ?

Last edited by leafsfan1; Nov 20th 2011 at 9:45 am.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 5:02 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by leafsfan1
On the FAQ section it says you still need a signed bank statement from within the week you leave from canada .

If i am successful and get a visa for the 2012 initiative when is the best time to enter Canada so that once that visa expires i can reapply again ... December or January ?

I would say late February, as it if the 2013 opens in January, then you have 1½ to 2 months to get your application in and receive the 2nd LOI. Remember there is no implied status while waiting for the 2nd IEC.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I would say late February, as it if the 2013 opens in January, then you have 1½ to 2 months to get your application in and receive the 2nd LOI. Remember there is no implied status while waiting for the 2nd IEC.
Ahh i was thinking of going november/december 2012 if i got the visa in february 2012.

What do you mean by implied status ? , if i went december 2012 my visa would expire in dec2013 and say the new visa application process starts january 2014 . Could i apply for a new visa 3 months prior to my visa running out (since ill be in canada) even though the new application process for 2014 hasnt begun ? , and then at the end of my visa change my status to visitor ?

Is that what you mean
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

davids87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Everyone

Thought i may aswell join in too, Sitting waiting for the IEC to open as t=my girlfriend and I just missed out last year as it closed as we were about to send our applications in,

We want to go as soon as we get the visa, thinking of heading to Toronto first then Sarnia ...... then who knows the plan is to end up in La Ronge in Saskatewan.

Question tho, we had our criminal record check done about 3 months ago, will we need to get new ones for this application?

Fingers crossed we get an update soon, can't wait to get over there!

Thanks
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

hss2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

I came to canada a year ago on a BUNAC student visa.

Applied in march and got an IEC visa for another year.

Anyone know if i can apply for a second IEC visa?

Any help much appreciated!
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hss2010
I came to canada a year ago on a BUNAC student visa.

Applied in march and got an IEC visa for another year.

Anyone know if i can apply for a second IEC visa?

Any help much appreciated!
If the rules are the same as for the 2011 scheme yes, something clearly stated in the FAQ's on the IEC website
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
If the rules are the same as for the 2011 scheme yes, something clearly stated in the FAQ's on the IEC website
Hey, go easy, I think I remember the section in the FAQ you refer to and either its been removed or I can't find it.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:41 pm
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by davids87
Hey Everyone

Thought i may aswell join in too, Sitting waiting for the IEC to open as t=my girlfriend and I just missed out last year as it closed as we were about to send our applications in,

We want to go as soon as we get the visa, thinking of heading to Toronto first then Sarnia ...... then who knows the plan is to end up in La Ronge in Saskatewan.

Question tho, we had our criminal record check done about 3 months ago, will we need to get new ones for this application?

Fingers crossed we get an update soon, can't wait to get over there!

Thanks
Re; police check - I got mine down a few months ago, also just missed out on the IEC application this year - bad times...

However, on FAQ section, it says that they last for a year, so we should be fine with them...
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hss2010
Hey, go easy, I think I remember the section in the FAQ you refer to and either its been removed or I can't find it.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...aq.aspx#Repeat
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou very much. I was looking at the 'Non-canadians FAQ' and not the right FAQ's for brits.
Excellent.....
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

With this WHV , i thought with the IEC you can only do twice it whether it be once with bunac and once with the high commission ?

or is it 3x once with bunac and twice with IEC ?

So can you still apply again whilst in canada on a IEC visa that is expiring and do a 2nd year ? (ie do back to back IEC's ?)
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

It's two years max. Unless anything changes for 2012.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.