IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Dec 28th 2011, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

stewe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Guys, does anyone have any advice? I've been trying for the last three weeks to get a police check from China because I spent two periods of four months there as a student. First of all, how does this affect the criteria - I wasn't there for a six month period? And also, I just can't get one because I'm not in the country (you can't send off for them in China, you have to do it in person). I've tried getting all sorts of people to do it for me but it's just not working. Do you think if I write a letter explaining my situation that would be acceptable? I don't have a criminal record in China anyway (although I understand that my saying this probably wouldn't mean anything) and I have a clear ACPO certificate.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

mattatat789 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freddiethebrit
Hi Matt,

I've also had to use a few extra pages for my last 10 years employment history - I used all 3 boxes on each page, as with the dates on there, it explains when you were where - otherwise I would have used about 6 extra pages.

Otherwise I've gone for lower case everywhere - as it's typed, I don't think it matters whether it's upper or lower case.

I put N/A in any box that hadn't greyed out...

Good luck! Once I have my italian checks, I'll be getting mine in the post.

F
Thanks for that! I wanna get it in the post and be done! All the best for your application!
Old Dec 29th 2011, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

hopelong7 is an unknown quantity at this point

any idea how long it takes to get police clearance from australia,for an irish citizen who is appling for a canadian IEC visa.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hopelong7
any idea how long it takes to get police clearance from australia,for an irish citizen who is appling for a canadian IEC visa.
It says about 15 working days on their website:
http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/pol...spx#processing

So I couldn't really say how long it would take in total, considering you're in Ireland.

I'm getting one from China. It's gonna cost me nearly £200 and I don't even know if it's legit.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Villa Lad is an unknown quantity at this point

do you definitely need police checks if you spent time outside of UK for a long period?

a friend of mine for example spent a year in New Zealand working and was successful last year at obtaining IEC2011...he didn't need a police certificate for New Zealand or anything
Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

LauraMason is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid3
Ok slight change, im heading to Canada on the 10th Jan on my first years visa which I got this year, It looks like the IEC will be releasing the applications before i leave on the 10th, if so I guess I will put my UK home address in when im applying for the 2012 Visa as really I would be applying for my 2 separate 1 year Visas even before I enter Canada for the first time, would this be ok?

I know by the time They get my application form I might already have just landed in Canada so if they see my UK address on the application would they start asking questions?

Can anyone help on this?
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and I'm really excited about applying for my first IEC in March!

Does anyone have the answer to James' question? My plan is to go to Canada in April 2013, but apply for 2014 from England before I go, so I'll have two years out there. Is it possible to apply for a second IEC when you haven't activated the first one?

Thanks all!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Villa Lad
do you definitely need police checks if you spent time outside of UK for a long period?

a friend of mine for example spent a year in New Zealand working and was successful last year at obtaining IEC2011...he didn't need a police certificate for New Zealand or anything
It's a new requirement for this year.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Just read that you need to provide proof of your status in the country you reside in if you aren't a citizen, all fine and well...but because my passport and work permit got stolen recently I need to get the work permit replaced before I can prove my legal status. All sounds fairly straight forward then BOOM...just saw the processing times for replacement docs....4 months. Will be about time for me to go home if that's the case.

I guess I can kiss goodbye to a second IEC visa now.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesdavid3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LauraMason
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and I'm really excited about applying for my first IEC in March!

Does anyone have the answer to James' question? My plan is to go to Canada in April 2013, but apply for 2014 from England before I go, so I'll have two years out there. Is it possible to apply for a second IEC when you haven't activated the first one?

Thanks all!
I am still waiting for this to be answered!
Old Dec 31st 2011, 1:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid3
I am still waiting for this to be answered!
No, the 2014 won't open till late December/13 or early January/14
Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stewe
Guys, does anyone have any advice? I've been trying for the last three weeks to get a police check from China because I spent two periods of four months there as a student. First of all, how does this affect the criteria - I wasn't there for a six month period? And also, I just can't get one because I'm not in the country (you can't send off for them in China, you have to do it in person). I've tried getting all sorts of people to do it for me but it's just not working. Do you think if I write a letter explaining my situation that would be acceptable? I don't have a criminal record in China anyway (although I understand that my saying this probably wouldn't mean anything) and I have a clear ACPO certificate.
Are you sure you need a police check from China, I may be wrong but my understanding is that you only need a police check from another country if you lived there for 6 or more consecutive months, not 6 months or more of accumulative visits. A letter explaining the situation will not do anygood if you do need a check though. Call or email them I say. Best of luck
Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Third6
Just read that you need to provide proof of your status in the country you reside in if you aren't a citizen,
Where did you see this?
Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:54 am
Just Joined

wheelycoyote is an unknown quantity at this point

A quick question about the police certificate... if it says 'No Trace' on the certificate, then I can answer 'No' to the police questions on the application right? Since there's obviously nothing on my record (I was concerned something trivial from my childhood might be).

Thanks
Old Dec 31st 2011, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheelycoyote
A quick question about the police certificate... if it says 'No Trace' on the certificate, then I can answer 'No' to the police questions on the application right? Since there's obviously nothing on my record (I was concerned something trivial from my childhood might be).

Thanks
Its up to you. The question asks if you have ever been arrested, Not is it recorded. My understanding is that minor Childhood Offence's before 1997(or there about's) were only ever recorded on local police databases and destroyed after 7 year if no further problems which is why nothing is on your police check as it does not exist on the computer anymore. Slightly different to today's system where even child records are kept for pretty much life

Last edited by tee1; Dec 31st 2011 at 8:48 am.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 9:20 am
Just Joined

wheelycoyote is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tee1
Its up to you. The question asks if you have ever been arrested, Not is it recorded. My understanding is that minor Childhood Offence's before 1997(or there about's) were only ever recorded on local police databases and destroyed after 7 year if no further problems which is why nothing is on your police check as it does not exist on the computer anymore. Slightly different to today's system where even child records are kept for pretty much life
Thanks for your reply

Thing is I'm not even sure if I was arrested, it was so long ago and nothing came of it other than a telling off and an angry parent collecting me from the station. Saying that, the question also says, have you ever 'committed'... :/ I'm confused about what to put now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.