IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Foto23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

So if you've been in Canada on your IEC visa for over six months, does this mean you need a Canadian police check too?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Foto23
So if you've been in Canada on your IEC visa for over six months, does this mean you need a Canadian police check too?
No you don't need a Canadian one....It's for countries other than Canada.

Tim
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by freddiethebrit
Hi guys, it also says, in the FAQ section;

'I have spent more than six months in another country previously to applying to the IEC. Do I need to submit police certification from this country?

Generally, you are only required to submit a police certificate from the country of which you are a citizen. However, the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK reserves the right to ask for police certificates from other countries you have visited or resided in for more than six (6) months over the last five (5) years, should it be deemed necessary.'

I wonder what happens if you did a year abroad from uni, but came back to the UK for a few days every couple of months?
In relation to the same question I've e-mailed the Embassy and will post back if I get a reply.

Tim
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:22 pm
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tim010
In relation to the same question I've e-mailed the Embassy and will post back if I get a reply.

Tim
Cheers Tim - have you e-mailed Canadian embassy? Or the embassy of the country you were in?

Always seems to be a hurdle!

F
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

paulwidnes1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 -HELP PLEASE

Hello everyone ok im currently living in canada with my girlfriend (shes canadian ) , im hoping to apply for the iec 2012 , ive been here since september 30th , is it ok if i put on the application forms im living in canada ? cheers folks
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

hopelong7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hopelong7
Just looking at the application form,and i am in dublin ireland,having been on a whv in ozzi for a year, so i need to get an ozzi police clearance(living there for over 6 months).It says to send them a money order or cheque in ozzi dollars(45). I dont think i can get a postal order or cheque in ozzi dollars here because we use euro currency,can anyone advise please.
Thanks.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freddiethebrit
Cheers Tim - have you e-mailed Canadian embassy? Or the embassy of the country you were in?

Always seems to be a hurdle!

F
Canadian Embassy in London. I used the e-mail link on the IEC page.

Tim
Old Dec 8th 2011, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Jamesdavid3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok slight change, im heading to Canada on the 10th Jan on my first years visa which I got this year, It looks like the IEC will be releasing the applications before i leave on the 10th, if so I guess I will put my UK home address in when im applying for the 2012 Visa as really I would be applying for my 2 separate 1 year Visas even before I enter Canada for the first time, would this be ok?

I know by the time They get my application form I might already have just landed in Canada so if they see my UK address on the application would they start asking questions?

Can anyone help on this?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid3
Ok slight change, im heading to Canada on the 10th Jan on my first years visa which I got this year, It looks like the IEC will be releasing the applications before i leave on the 10th, if so I guess I will put my UK home address in when im applying for the 2012 Visa as really I would be applying for my 2 separate 1 year Visas even before I enter Canada for the first time, would this be ok?

I know by the time They get my application form I might already have just landed in Canada so if they see my UK address on the application would they start asking questions?

Can anyone help on this?
I'm heading out on Jan 10th too
Old Dec 8th 2011, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

domthom is an unknown quantity at this point

Great stuff that it looks like IEC will be opening earlier this year. Just got an email saying it will be "in the next few weeks" - sounds promising!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

stewe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tim010

Tim
I've just found this on the citizenship and immigration section of the website:

"CIC will also do background checks in all the countries or territories in which you and your family members have lived. These checks will determine if you have had any arrests or convictions, or if you are a security risk to Canada."

If they're doing background checks anyway, then why do we need to get police certificates ourselves?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/intro.asp
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

sinbad23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

1. As long as it isn't more than 12 calendar months old when the processing of the IEC visa is complete. So it depends on how long the IEC processing is going to take.
Thanks- I might just get another one to see on the safe side.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

rossm141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, new member here.

Just a question for anyone who'll listen: I recently returned from Canada after completing my 1-year working visa (through BUNAC) and was told that to apply for a new visa, I was not to bother contacting BUNAC whatsoever.

I heard about IEC through reading these forums and was wondering what my chances are of getting another one.

I really want to go back, and any assistance you can offer to help me doing so will be really appreciated.

Thanks all.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossm141
Hello everyone, new member here.

Just a question for anyone who'll listen: I recently returned from Canada after completing my 1-year working visa (through BUNAC) and was told that to apply for a new visa, I was not to bother contacting BUNAC whatsoever.

I heard about IEC through reading these forums and was wondering what my chances are of getting another one.

I really want to go back, and any assistance you can offer to help me doing so will be really appreciated.

Thanks all.
If you meet all of the eligibility requirements then go ahead
Old Dec 10th 2011, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Going through the IMM1295 form at the moment and I've got to the Details of Intended work in Canada section.

Section 1, according to the notes we need to select International Experience Canada Program as you'd expect.

Section 2, 3 & 5, "You do not need to enter any details of your prospective employer, unless you already have this information." however it then states "If you do not know yet what your occupation will be, enter "unknown" under "Details of my perspective employer" of the work permit application form (IMM1295). You may also enter "unknown" under the heading "Brief description of duties". Both of these fields are mandatory and you will not be able to validate your form unless you complete them"

So, "unknown" needs to be entered on Section 4, Brief description of duties, but where else? Maybe Job title also in Section 4? It doesn't mention anything about Intended location (question 3) or Duration of expected employment (question 5) either.

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.