IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Updates on the Application process are now on the website.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...de.aspx?view=d

Tim
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:20 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by sinbad23
Hi

I applied for IEC last year and I am currently in Toronto; when applying last year I got two copies of my police certificate. Looking at the IEC FAQs for the 2012 application, I can still use the certificate issued to me in 2011 application providing that is not more that 12 months old (from the date of issue). Is this correct?

If not then for me I have not known anyone in Canada for two years so I need to send the completed application to England; have my person sign it, and send it off for the police check.

Has anyone else done this?
1. As long as it isn't more than 12 calendar months old when the processing of the IEC visa is complete. So it depends on how long the IEC processing is going to take.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

hopelong7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just looking at the application form,and i am in dublin ireland,having been on a whv in ozzi for a year, so i need to get an ozzi police clearance(living there for over 6 months).It says to send them a money order or cheque in ozzi dollars(45). I dont think i can get a postal order or cheque in ozzi dollars here because we use euro currency,can anyone advise please.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

It's finally time!

<lots of over excitable smileys here>

!!

edit: Just had a quick look at the two forms currently on the IEC website, they don't look too bad. There's a section on 'intended work' which I'm guessing for most people will be not applicable, which in the notes say is fine, however I'm a little confused about exactly how we need to word that.

Last edited by twohoots; Dec 6th 2011 at 9:09 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hopelong7
Just looking at the application form,and i am in dublin ireland,having been on a whv in ozzi for a year, so i need to get an ozzi police clearance(living there for over 6 months).It says to send them a money order or cheque in ozzi dollars(45). I dont think i can get a postal order or cheque in ozzi dollars here because we use euro currency,can anyone advise please.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you need a fingerprint police check which is $105.

Tim
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Can someone advise me on the requirements for a Police check from other countries (Australia)

If someone lived out there for 3 months then returned home for 3 weeks and then went out for another 5 months would that require a police check. I only ask as it is not living there for a consecutive time period but does total 8 months.

Would be a lot simpler if one was not required.

Tim
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hopelong7
You can go to your bank and get a cheque issued by the bank in the currency of your choice.

Tim
Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Jamesdavid3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok slight change, im heading to Canada on the 10th Jan on my first years visa which I got this year, It looks like the IEC will be releasing the applications before i leave on the 10th, if so I guess I will put my UK home address in when im applying for the 2012 Visa as really I would be applying for my 2 separate 1 year Visas even before I enter Canada for the first time, would this be ok?

I know by the time They get my application form I might already have just landed in Canada so if they see my UK address on the application would they start asking questions?

Can anyone help on this?

Last edited by Jamesdavid3; Dec 7th 2011 at 6:31 am.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 8:02 am
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Not really a question, just wanted to say how exciting this is finally!

It looks like it's all happening, and hopefully we'll be able to get applications into the CHC pre-Christmas! Will be a pretty good Crimbo if so...

F
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

leafsfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twohoots
It's finally time!

<lots of over excitable smileys here>

!!

edit: Just had a quick look at the two forms currently on the IEC website, they don't look too bad. There's a section on 'intended work' which I'm guessing for most people will be not applicable, which in the notes say is fine, however I'm a little confused about exactly how we need to word that.
Heres some info from the step by step bit i spotted

H.If you do not know yet what your occupation will be, enter "unknown" under "Details of my perspective employer" of the work permit application form (IMM1295). You may also enter "unknown" under the heading "Brief description of duties". Both of these fields are mandatory and you will not be able to validate your form unless you complete them.

F.Under "Details of Intended Work in Canada", select "International Experience Canada Program". You do not need to enter any details of your prospective employer, unless you already have this information.

Exciting to see that it is there doesnt look like there is too much to fill in , ive sent away for my ACPO certificate and it should be here within a week or a week and a bit .
Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

hamazz is an unknown quantity at this point

is this part new??

"Note: If you have lived in a country other than Canada for a period of more than six months since your eighteenth birthday, you must also enclose a valid police certificate from that country. Information on how to obtain police certificates from various countries can be found on CIC's website."

i dont remember it being there last year, now need to get another police check...
my acpo one should arrive back any day now..
Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:42 am
Just Joined

stewe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hamazz
is this part new??

"Note: If you have lived in a country other than Canada for a period of more than six months since your eighteenth birthday, you must also enclose a valid police certificate from that country. Information on how to obtain police certificates from various countries can be found on CIC's website."

i dont remember it being there last year, now need to get another police check...
my acpo one should arrive back any day now..
I need to get one from China!! This is gonna take ages cos I need to have it translated by an accredited translator as well!!

Edit: I've just been snooping around on the internet and they say that they only do police checks for people that worked there - I was a student! :S. Now I'm a bit worried...

Last edited by stewe; Dec 7th 2011 at 10:46 am.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

stewe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tim010
Can someone advise me on the requirements for a Police check from other countries (Australia)

If someone lived out there for 3 months then returned home for 3 weeks and then went out for another 5 months would that require a police check. I only ask as it is not living there for a consecutive time period but does total 8 months.

Would be a lot simpler if one was not required.

Tim
I have this issue too. I was in China for about 9 months but left for a month in the middle.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

I've been in Canada since May on a WHV and I'll be applying for a second year as soon as I'm able....does anyone know what the process will be? Will all the paperwork/proof of funds/police record check have to be resubmitted or will there be a shorter process?

Apologies if this is an obvious question!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:37 pm
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stewe
I need to get one from China!! This is gonna take ages cos I need to have it translated by an accredited translator as well!!

Edit: I've just been snooping around on the internet and they say that they only do police checks for people that worked there - I was a student! :S. Now I'm a bit worried...
Hi guys, it also says, in the FAQ section;

'I have spent more than six months in another country previously to applying to the IEC. Do I need to submit police certification from this country?

Generally, you are only required to submit a police certificate from the country of which you are a citizen. However, the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK reserves the right to ask for police certificates from other countries you have visited or resided in for more than six (6) months over the last five (5) years, should it be deemed necessary.'

I wonder what happens if you did a year abroad from uni, but came back to the UK for a few days every couple of months?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.