IEC 2012 now Open

Old Dec 24th 2011, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 now Open

Originally Posted by miffy85
Congratulations on the conditional over! I'm assuming your paperwork must have been spot on. Could you please tell me what box you ticked on the family information form for visa type? (worker? Other?)

Also, did you handwrite the dates you signed your forms, when you signed them, or did you type and print?

Cheers and congrats again!
I ticked worker, and i typed the dates in on computer and signed in pen
Old Dec 24th 2011, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

littletree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chances of being accepted?

I'm finishing uni this summer and want to go and work in Canada for a year. The only problem is, my family history is a little spotty.

To put it short, my father is a con-man and has spent large periods of his life in prison. Unfortunately my brother has gone down the same road. If it wasn't for my fantastic mum I would probably be in the same position.

I just want to know how this is going to affect my application? My father is no longer in prison, but uses illegal means to provide for himself and has an extensive criminal record. Currently my brother is in prison. To be honest, I'm a little concerned about putting his home address as HMP blah, blah, blah.

I just hate the fact that these two rotten apples (however much I love them) could potentially ruin the choices I make in life, which just isn't fair.

If everything goes to plan, I'm hoping to to send my application off within two weeks, and already have the funds in place for the trip. I just hope to god the Canadian authorities don't pry too much into my family history, and judge me on my individual merits, rather than the actions of relations.

Depressed Had my heart set on Vancouver!
Old Dec 24th 2011, 5:05 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chances of being accepted?

Hi

Originally Posted by littletree
I'm finishing uni this summer and want to go and work in Canada for a year. The only problem is, my family history is a little spotty.

To put it short, my father is a con-man and has spent large periods of his life in prison. Unfortunately my brother has gone down the same road. If it wasn't for my fantastic mum I would probably be in the same position.

I just want to know how this is going to affect my application? My father is no longer in prison, but uses illegal means to provide for himself and has an extensive criminal record. Currently my brother is in prison. To be honest, I'm a little concerned about putting his home address as HMP blah, blah, blah.

I just hate the fact that these two rotten apples (however much I love them) could potentially ruin the choices I make in life, which just isn't fair.

If everything goes to plan, I'm hoping to to send my application off within two weeks, and already have the funds in place for the trip. I just hope to god the Canadian authorities don't pry too much into my family history, and judge me on my individual merits, rather than the actions of relations.

Depressed Had my heart set on Vancouver!
Don't worry, CHC/CIC is not interested in your relatives, as they are not going to Canada. As long as they aren't terrorists you will be fine.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

DaveOK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just regarding the receipt of Application E-mail for the IEC 2012,
I posted my application on the 9th of Jan 2012 and still have not received my
application receipt e-mail . Just wondering has anyone else been waiting this long .
I participated in the IEC 2011 and cannot remember waiting this long for the e-mail.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated !
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

kirsty5501 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveOK
Hi just regarding the receipt of Application E-mail for the IEC 2012,
I posted my application on the 9th of Jan 2012 and still have not received my
application receipt e-mail . Just wondering has anyone else been waiting this long .
I participated in the IEC 2011 and cannot remember waiting this long for the e-mail.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated !
Are you on Facebook? There are a ton of people on the IEC 2012 group that are waiting for the receipt e-mails, some still from December I think, they're really taking their time with them.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

kirsty5501 is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem! That Facebook page is a life saver.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

DaveOK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a mill didnt even think to check on facebook, having a look through now seems to be a bit of a wait ahead alright ! Thanks again
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Megan93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine was signed for by them on the 16'th and I still haven't received a confirmation email! I think I may have forgotten to date them though, so I think they will be getting sent straight back then have to play the waiting game all over again......