IEC 2012 now Open

Old Dec 22nd 2011, 2:35 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2012 now Open

Originally Posted by nouveau-canadian
This is not the first year that multiple participation has been allowed so try not to panic.

In terms of your passport if you apply for the visa then change your passport you will invalidate the visa. You need to apply using the passport that you'll travel on.

They are VERY strict about this.
This is true, you can get a new passport through the British consulate once you are in Canada if you want to though, as long as you also retain your old passport with your work permit in it and you carry both when leaving/re-entering the country.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

leafsfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The holiday places remaining on the site are 5,276 , so looks like 74 places are gone already !!!! .

When they receive your application how long until you get a reply back via email ?
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

it took them a day for me, I sent it recorded delivery, they confirmed receipt of it the day after royal mail said they got it, and gave conditional acceptance a few hours later.

I did email them and ask them though. They probably only send the receipt email when they open it,
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 7:24 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leafsfan1
The holiday places remaining on the site are 5,276 , so looks like 74 places are gone already !!!! .

When they receive your application how long until you get a reply back via email ?
That takes care of the hardcore who had probably prepared almost everything well in advance and were just waiting for the go from London. You will probably get quite a spike just after the holidays when a lot of early applicants get their police certs back and submit the application and then a steady countdown to zero from there.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alistairsmith148
it took them a day for me, I sent it recorded delivery, they confirmed receipt of it the day after royal mail said they got it, and gave conditional acceptance a few hours later.

I did email them and ask them though. They probably only send the receipt email when they open it,

So they sent you 2 emails the day after they received your application , Was this for this years participation or the previous year ?
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

just getting my application ready and have a question, as i was in canada untill the end of november for a year under BUNAC would i have to provide a police certificate for canada aswell as england??

thanks guys!
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 8:13 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by kamshaft
hi,

just getting my application ready and have a question, as i was in canada untill the end of november for a year under BUNAC would i have to provide a police certificate for canada aswell as england??

thanks guys!
Nope because any offences in Canada are freely available on their own police computer system anyway.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Does anything need to be written on the back of the photographs like name, date of birth etc? Can't find anything on the instructions to say either way.

Tim
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't write anything on the back on the pictures, just put them in the envelope loose.

and on the emails, I received one today saying they received it, then another a few hours later saying I had been conditionally accepted, it also gave details about paying and sending the validated pdf in to the other department
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to re-apply this year, my most recent police certificate is from October, i've read some places that it has to be less than 3 months old and others have said a year? The police certificate I sent off for last years' participation is less than 12 months old...

Last edited by wesbray; Dec 23rd 2011 at 3:12 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

I didn't write anything on the back on the pictures, just put them in the envelope loose.

and on the emails, I received one today saying they received it, then another a few hours later saying I had been conditionally accepted, it also gave details about paying and sending the validated pdf in to the other department
Cool i hope i get a email soon too , they stop working on them i believe between dec 24th - Jan 2nd
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 11:58 am
Just Joined

kirsty5501 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!

Posted my application on Wednesday & received the notice of receipt yesterday, really hoping I get conditional acceptance today, would be a lovely Xmas present. I can't believe how much simpler the process is than 2011, I narrowly missed out as the last places filled when I was waiting for my police certificate.

Wesbray, I did a lot of poking around to try to find something about Police Cert validity time and only found instructions saying it had to be valid (which it is for a year), I'm positive that for 2011 it said 3 months. I have used my certificate from August this year and am just waiting on conditional acceptance.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kirsty5501
Hi guys!

Posted my application on Wednesday & received the notice of receipt yesterday, really hoping I get conditional acceptance today, would be a lovely Xmas present. I can't believe how much simpler the process is than 2011, I narrowly missed out as the last places filled when I was waiting for my police certificate.

Wesbray, I did a lot of poking around to try to find something about Police Cert validity time and only found instructions saying it had to be valid (which it is for a year), I'm positive that for 2011 it said 3 months. I have used my certificate from August this year and am just waiting on conditional acceptance.
I posted mine wednesday too and according to the tracking was received and signed for on thursday morning but ive still not received anything yet ?
Old Dec 24th 2011, 8:07 am
Just Joined

wheelycoyote is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know about processing times over Christmas and New Year for the Police Certificate? Do they shut down for a week or so?

oops, also..

Originally Posted by Third6
There is a photo spec page on the IEC website that tells you what size the photographs should be. I took that to a photographer last year and she did them for me. Costs about £10 for 6.

The police certificate just needs to be sent to your house where you add it to the rest of your application form. Not sure about the stealing chocolate dilemma. Wait until your check comes back and see if it shows up on it first before making your next move.
Thanks for your reply and the info Third6
Old Dec 24th 2011, 8:36 am
Just Joined

miffy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: IEC 2012 now Open

Congratulations on the conditional over! I'm assuming your paperwork must have been spot on. Could you please tell me what box you ticked on the family information form for visa type? (worker? Other?)

Also, did you handwrite the dates you signed your forms, when you signed them, or did you type and print?

Cheers and congrats again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.