So this is what I am going to send.

5 pages IEC app
2 photocopy of passport info page
5 pages of app for work permit
2 pages family info
2 page CV
1 Page of employment history in Word
1 ACPO police cert

Does that sound like everything, there isn't really a checklist like last year. and some of the forms have hidden pages

Ive got

Application&Declaration form
2 photocopies of passport page
Family Info form (IMM5645E)
Application made outside Canada form (IMM295E)
ACPO Police Certificate
CV
2 passport sized photos.

Do you need to have a seperate page of employment history ? its in your CV

For the Family Info form (IMM5645E) what box do we tick ? worker , other , visitor .

Does everyone know what POE they are going to or has anyone put i dont know yet.

Last edited by leafsfan1; Dec 19th 2011 at 9:25 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 now Open

is POE point of entry. I just put Ontario as that is where I am going, I'm sure they won't care if you changed your mind once accepted.

I did an extra page, as for the application to work in Canada, it asks for a 10 year work history, and 3 boxes doesn't fit for me. I have since re-read the guide and it says to print the page as many times as necessary.

i put worker as immigration type, as it is a working holiday.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

miffy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

Currently busy filling forms and collecting all the information required.

A few queries have popped up that someone might be able to help me with!

1. A CV is required that asks for 'A complete and up-to-date version ... Specify the dates (month, year) and locations (city, country) of all your study, work, and travel experiences over the past five years. Any ideas if the CV is to get an idea of your personality, or just your study, work and travel record?

My *complete* CV would cover more than five years. Do they therefore mean complete as in all gaps in time accounted for, or all work experience?

2. Does the port of entry need to be an airport? I'm planning to enter Ontario or Quebec by land, after visiting friends and family in the US.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers!

M
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

leafsfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alistairsmith148
is POE point of entry. I just put Ontario as that is where I am going, I'm sure they won't care if you changed your mind once accepted.

I did an extra page, as for the application to work in Canada, it asks for a 10 year work history, and 3 boxes doesn't fit for me. I have since re-read the guide and it says to print the page as many times as necessary.

i put worker as immigration type, as it is a working holiday.
Ahh ok i thought i missed out something there.

Ok so you ticked worker for the family form , i wasnt sure what to put down ..cheers
Old Dec 19th 2011, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

wheelycoyote is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I've been waiting since last year to apply for this. I wanted to back then but wasn't in a position to, at the time, and since I'm 30, I'm seriously hoping I get in this year!

I wondered if I could ask a few questions please?

The photographs - are passport type photographs ok? Like the ones you get from a photobooth for passports and IDs and such?

Regards to the Police Certificate - do I have to request these are sent somewhere other than to me?

EDIT: also... I got arrested for stealing some chocolate when I was 13 ( 17 years ago - stupid kid, but nothing else happened and I was sent home with a very angry father) - do I need to put that on my application? :/

Apologies for the dumb questions it's been a long day.

Last edited by wheelycoyote; Dec 19th 2011 at 11:19 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

sinbad23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skytek
I don't have contact with most of my family at all but I still put them down in my application last year and had no problems.
what did you put for their address? I have no idea where they live or anything.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 1:32 am
Just Joined

davestanleylfc is an unknown quantity at this point

I really want to go on this program (hate the UK and am bored!!!) will be a good experiance for me after finishing uni this year how long do you think it will be beofre the places are gone??/ i am having nightmares about it being filled up in weeks the ammount of interest on these forums anyone been before any good advice for us newcommers???
Old Dec 20th 2011, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by wheelycoyote
Hi all

I've been waiting since last year to apply for this. I wanted to back then but wasn't in a position to, at the time, and since I'm 30, I'm seriously hoping I get in this year!

I wondered if I could ask a few questions please?

The photographs - are passport type photographs ok? Like the ones you get from a photobooth for passports and IDs and such?

Regards to the Police Certificate - do I have to request these are sent somewhere other than to me?

EDIT: also... I got arrested for stealing some chocolate when I was 13 ( 17 years ago - stupid kid, but nothing else happened and I was sent home with a very angry father) - do I need to put that on my application? :/

Apologies for the dumb questions it's been a long day.
There is a photo spec page on the IEC website that tells you what size the photographs should be. I took that to a photographer last year and she did them for me. Costs about £10 for 6.

The police certificate just needs to be sent to your house where you add it to the rest of your application form. Not sure about the stealing chocolate dilemma. Wait until your check comes back and see if it shows up on it first before making your next move.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davestanleylfc
I really want to go on this program (hate the UK and am bored!!!) will be a good experiance for me after finishing uni this year how long do you think it will be beofre the places are gone??/ i am having nightmares about it being filled up in weeks the ammount of interest on these forums anyone been before any good advice for us newcommers???
Hard to say, but last year around 4/5 months
Old Dec 20th 2011, 8:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Hard to say, but last year around 4/5 months
And the year before that, about 6 weeks - so no way of predicting really!
Old Dec 20th 2011, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
And the year before that, about 6 weeks - so no way of predicting really!
6 weeks initially, Then they released a whole bunch more which didn't sell out till July - because I got mine when the second batch went live wasted a ton of money with bunac though, please nobody make this mistake. It's truly a waste of money!!!
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:12 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

6 weeks initially, Then they released a whole bunch more which didn't sell out till July - because I got mine when the second batch went live wasted a ton of money with bunac though, please nobody make this mistake. It's truly a waste of money!!!
It used to fill up massively before 2011 because of Bunac and the low number of places available for non-students. Now that people actually have to do all of the work themselves without any hand holding and there is much larger cap available, I don't expect that it will fill as quickly as it did before. Last year took a lot longer than expected though because of that rediculous PoF form.

Needless to say though, it's probably always best to apply as soon as you can I think.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:14 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

For the likes of you and me and most of the people on here it is a waste of money but some people need that level of support and assurance which admittedly Bunac do provide albeit for an extortionate fee.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 11:24 am
Just Joined

nouveau-canadian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jg2802
really? but this is the first year they allow second time applicants so wont they all be applying?

i didnt think theyd be out this early i need to change my name on my passport ... should i apply for the visa in my current name then when i have it, apply for a new passport?
This is not the first year that multiple participation has been allowed so try not to panic.

In terms of your passport if you apply for the visa then change your passport you will invalidate the visa. You need to apply using the passport that you'll travel on.

They are VERY strict about this.

Last edited by nouveau-canadian; Dec 22nd 2011 at 11:41 am. Reason: Additional Info added
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 11:28 am
Just Joined

nouveau-canadian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid3
Hi Alistair,

I can see you on the IEC FB page ( Im James G)

Yeah i think that sounds about right

Its a lot easier than last year
Any chance you can send me a link to the IEC FB Page please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.