IEC 2012 HELP?

Old Nov 8th 2011, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

davids87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC 2012 HELP?

Does anyone know a rough date when they usually open the visa apllication, just missed this years by like 2 weeks!

Also I am going over with my girkfriend and she plans on teaching (shes a qualified Chemistry teacher) what happens if she gets a full time job? Can we apply for a perm visa or is only her?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2012 HELP?

It's usually in December or January - last year's was 18th Jan if that helps.

As for your girlfriend, it would be a small miracle if she could find a permanent job as a teacher, have you read this Wiki article? http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Teaching_in_Canada

But if one of you can get both a permanent job offer and also get the job offer approved by HRSDC, then you may be able to apply for Permanent Residency. It will depend on the employer, the province and the job as to whether the job offer would qualify you for PR, but usually you could so so via either FSW category 2, or the PNP.

If you have lived together for a year or more then you can both go on one application, if not you'd need to qualify individually unless married.

HTH.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:43 am
Just Joined

davids87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 HELP?

Thanks very much! We are heading way up north so teaching will not be a problem (got something lined up) and we have family up there, who all teach. Were not married and will only be living together for our 1st time in Canada.

I am sure we will figure this out.

Just want to go now!