I want to move to Canada!

Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:45 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to move to Canada!

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I went for the standard 10 working day turn around system thinking that I would probably get a return within the week and then remembered last night that this must be a busy time for them as they are probably receiving quite a few applications for Canada right now.

I'm thinking their busiest time will probably be around Easter when the Camp America crowd start though so hopefully it shouldn't take too long.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Rodge9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Good question, I've no idea! I've never heard of the student program running out of visas, but they may still have a limit that's just not been reached previously, or they may not have the same limit as the non-student one.

Certainly students seem to be able to apply year round, unlike non-students.

Good luck with your application, hope you police check comes through quickly.
I think they ran out of student Visas last year, as I had a friend who wanted to apply around October (so pretty late, but he qualified as a student) and was told the program was full. Certainly in previous years students have been able to apply pretty much whenever (for my first student visa I applied late summer for example), but it's the end of this month for both this year as far as I'm aware.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:22 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

That's quite odd then considering that the take up is apparently slower this year than expected.

I hope it's not the same situation for other countries as my gf's application needs to go through Tokyo.