I want to move to Canada!

Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:07 am
Just Joined

alex9106 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want to move to Canada!

Hello,

Im new to the forums here and i have been thinking of moving to Canada for a while but i have no idea how to go about this. Im a British Citizen, im 18, I finished school and i am now in college. I visited Vancouver recently and i absolutely loved it, i didnt want to leave. Im so sick of London. So im set on moving to Canada. I dont know what VISA i should apply for, i would like to live and work in Vancouver.

Thanks for all the help in advance!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

bikeguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I want to move to Canada!

Originally Posted by alex9106
Hello,

Im new to the forums here and i have been thinking of moving to Canada for a while but i have no idea how to go about this. Im a British Citizen, im 18, I finished school and i am now in college. I visited Vancouver recently and i absolutely loved it, i didnt want to leave. Im so sick of London. So im set on moving to Canada. I dont know what VISA i should apply for, i would like to live and work in Vancouver.

what sort of work are you looking at doing?
read the wiki here theres loads of info and help
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:35 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Have you looked into a BUNAC visa?

Read the WIKI at the top of the page.

Sorry for blunt reply but this is the basics you will be asked/told. Once you have read the wiki come back with more precise questions
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Well any work really, I did a IT Practitioner course in college last year, but honestly i dont mind.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

bikeguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well any work really, I did a IT Practitioner course in college last year, but honestly i dont mind.
well tbh moving to anyother country you do need a trade or skill of some description if you wanted to go into IT you would have to look into the job market there. as your about the same age as me i think its best to have arranged employment, speak with goldman asscoiates http://www.immigrationtocanada.org/index.html they can help find you a job and go help with all the visa paperwork but they are expensive, if you take there free consultation call they will give you loads of advice and help. tell you what you need to do etc.

they are helping my move to vancouver as soon as the recession ends in Canada. which wont be long looking at the figures.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:43 am
Just Joined

This BUNAC thing seems quite good but i have a few questions,

1) What kind of jobs do you do?

2) I have a friend there, will i be able to live with them?

3) What is the average length of stay? 6 - 12 months?

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:46 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

This BUNAC thing seems quite good but i have a few questions,

1) What kind of jobs do you do?

2) I have a friend there, will i be able to live with them?

3) What is the average length of stay? 6 - 12 months?

Thanks
1) Anything

2) Yes

3) 12 months.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Hmm ok, now do i just go here to apply? http://www.bunac.org/

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:00 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say that you may struggle at your age to find IT work in a foreign country with your qualifications and experience level though as it can be a lot harder to find work over there if you're a foreigner if a lot of the stories on here are to be believed.

I'm just going through the Bunac application process at the moment and it isn't cheap and I'm worrying a bit about my chances over there and I'm 28 with 4 years of experience and an MCSA.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

Stick with the BUNAC, its your best bet, you get a 12 month visa to work anywhere in Canada, it would be a good way to work and travel around or try and get a permanent job, which may lead to residency.....good luck....
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm ok, now do i just go here to apply? http://www.bunac.org/

Thanks
Yes, just don't hang around as there are a limited number of visas and they tend to go quite quickly. Luckily for you, the program has only just opened!

Good luck.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:31 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Has it?

It must be pretty short lived then because the closing date for applications is the 31st of this month.

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Jan 5th 2010 at 10:33 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Has it?

It must be pretty short lived then because the closing date for applications is the 31st of this month.
Yes, thats why I recommended the OP doesn't hang around. Only opened the first week in December, as it always does. Visas usually go pretty quickly, and in fact they've gone slower than predicted - BUNAC were saying they expected them all to go by the end of the first weekend after the program opening!

Luckily for the OP, there are still some visas left. But the program could close anytime!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 5th 2010 at 10:38 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:39 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Yeah I thought that may be the case, I started researching it last weekend after umming and ahhing about it through the latter months of last year and most of the posts I saw on forums like this said that they would probably already be gone and then I registered for the programme on Monday night and now a Visa is reserved for me by Bunac apparently pending my application. I'm just waiting for the police approval to come back which I sent off yesterday and which I hope will arrive sooner rather than later (I have never had any dealings with the police other than to report things etc).

Am I right in thinking though that only the non-student program is limited and students/recent PG's can actually apply at their leisure?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Yeah I thought that may be the case, I started researching it last weekend after umming and ahhing about it through the latter months of last year and most of the posts I saw on forums like this said that they would probably already be gone and then I registered for the programme on Monday night and now a Visa is reserved for me by Bunac apparently pending my application. I'm just waiting for the police approval to come back which I sent off yesterday and which I hope will arrive sooner rather than later (I have never had any dealings with the police other than to report things etc).

Am I right in thinking though that only the non-student program is limited and students/recent PG's can actually apply at their leisure?
Good question, I've no idea! I've never heard of the student program running out of visas, but they may still have a limit that's just not been reached previously, or they may not have the same limit as the non-student one.

Certainly students seem to be able to apply year round, unlike non-students.

Good luck with your application, hope you police check comes through quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.