Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I used the wrong method to pay fees..HELP

I used the wrong method to pay fees..HELP

Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

sanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I used the wrong method to pay fees..HELP

Originally Posted by seb77
I heard refund can take a long time to get it sorted .. wish you all the best .. please let me know what happened after your visit

Good luck
Well I went today, with all my sent letters and recipts. I got told to fill out an enquirry form and label it as urgent

I will be going everyweek and doing the same process till I get a response
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:54 am
Just Joined

seb77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I guess that's the only way to do it until you get your refund, it is a hell of a money .. keep it up!
Thanks for the updates..
Old Aug 4th 2011, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi sanjuk
Have you heard anything from the Commission ?

thanks

Seb
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

sanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of light

Hi sanjuk
Have you heard anything from the Commission ?

thanks

Seb
Well im waiting for them to ask me to hand in my passport and then i will be going back to try again
Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sanjuk

Guess what!!! today I received the refund from barclays bank , it's a cheque for the amount that i paid wrongly. I was so happy.. I think you will get yours soon too.
Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience ..
All the best

Seb
Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Adam24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sanjuk

Guess what!!! today I received the refund from barclays bank , it's a cheque for the amount that i paid wrongly. I was so happy.. I think you will get yours soon too.
All the best

Seb
I am glad you got your refund.

I also paid permenant residence fee for myself and parents (total $1470) through wrong payment method.

CIC contacted me to on 25th August to advise that payment method I used was only meant to be for Nordic resident and I should send the fees again using bankers draft. And they will also refund the online payments I had made earlier.

So far no refund or correspondence from CIC. Since I paid the fee through my Halifax account, I thought money would be credited back to the account. But looks like I will also be recieving a cheque?
Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Hi Adam

No worries , it may take a bit of time but be sure they will send you your money back , it takes generally 5 to 6 months from the date you contact them about the issue , so i guess you may have your refund around December - January .. of course it could be earlier than that .. I waited since May 2011 - to get the issue sorted this month.

Good Luck!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sanjuk

All the best

Seb
How did you contact them? What did you exactly do? This is very promising news!!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Hi
I sent them a letter in July, explaining the whole situation, and I put my file number and everything and a copy of the receipt from the bank.
That's all what I've done.
Good luck
Old Sep 16th 2011, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
I sent them a letter in July, explaining the whole situation, and I put my file number and everything and a copy of the receipt from the bank.
Good luck
ive done that already..along with going to the cic office and sending an email.

Im glad you got your refund though..its given me hope . I'm going to wait for the cic email regarding my application status and then take it from there.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Good luck
I dont suppose you have a copy of this letter? If so can you pm me the main paragraphs you used? My english skills aren't great
Old Sep 16th 2011, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Of course have a copy of the letter, I kept it for my records , I'll send u one this evening, I'm out right now
All the best
Seb
Old Sep 16th 2011, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Of course have a copy of the letter, I kept it for my records , I'll send u one this evening, I'm out right now
All the best
Seb
Thanks
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sanjuk
Thanks
any update seb?
Old Sep 28th 2011, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sanjuk
any update seb?
Done .. I sent you one ..
Good luck to all of ya!!