Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I used the wrong method to pay fees..HELP

I used the wrong method to pay fees..HELP

Old May 4th 2011, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

sanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default I used the wrong method to pay fees..HELP

I couldn't get any of my cards to pay online via the cic website. So i went on the uk embassy website and saw this..

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ees-frais.aspx

Payment method for residents of the Nordic countries (Iceland, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden)

Please note: As of April 8, 2011, residents of Iceland, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden only who wish to apply for Non-Immigrant immigration services or those applicants who are required to pay additional processing fees or their Right of Permanent Residency Fee (RPRF) on applications which are already in process at the London office will be able to pay by direct deposit. (This does not apply for those who wish to apply for the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme or those wanting to begin an application for Permanent Residency in London or Sydney)

Applicants will be required to pay all processing fees in Canadian dollars (payment amounts can be found on this processing fee page) and must pay the exact Canadian dollar amount. Please note that all additional bank charges must be paid by the payee/applicant.

Applicant's are required to submit with their application a copy of the payment receipt which should indicate the payee, amount and date of the transaction. Failure to provide this information will result in your application being returned unprocessed.

Direct Deposit information is as follows:

Bank: Barclays Bank
Account Name: Canadian HC CIC Revenue
Sort Code: 206759
Acct No: 44175200
Account Type: $CAD
IBAN: GB82 BARC 2067 5944 1752 00
SWIFTBIC BARCGB22

I read this completley wrong and transferred the full $1040 and printed off the transaction receipt.

What do i do? The forms have all been posted and will be in Mississauga tomorrow
Old May 4th 2011, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

sanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I used the wrong method to pay fees..HELP

Well I just spoke to someone at the CIC and he said as long ive attached the receipt, then it should be fine...Fingers crossed
Old May 29th 2011, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Just to add the paperwork got sent back to my misses and my bank was not able to give my money back (commission denied a refund)

Looks like im going London sometime this week
Old May 30th 2011, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it your living in Canada then if your paying online? Why won't the High Commision give you a refund?
Old May 30th 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

pommyg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mojovibe
I take it your living in Canada then if your paying online? Why won't the High Commision give you a refund?
I dont understand why they cant pay a refund either - even if they take out an admin fee? I wonder how they account for any surpluses in their accounts?!

Last edited by pommyg; May 30th 2011 at 6:54 pm.
Old May 30th 2011, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

For future reference you can either pay with travellers cheques by post, or you can get a pre paid credit card from the travel agents and choose whatever currency you like. Then you just to need to load it with your own currency. The bank that I use wouldn't give me a money order or a bank draft in Canadian dollars, and my credit card didn't have 9 months validation on it. So I used that method instead.
Old May 30th 2011, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pommyg
I dont understand why they cant pay a refund either - even if they take out an admin fee? I wonder how they account for any surpluses in their accounts?!
I live in the UK and i will be visiting the canadian commission sometime this week.
Old May 30th 2011, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

pommyg is an unknown quantity at this point

For future reference you can either pay with travellers cheques by post, or you can get a pre paid credit card from the travel agents and choose whatever currency you like. Then you just to need to load it with your own currency. The bank that I use wouldn't give me a money order or a bank draft in Canadian dollars, and my credit card didn't have 9 months validation on it. So I used that method instead.
From the page quoted already:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ees-frais.aspx

"Methods of payment
(Except for applicants for temporary resident visas in the Nordic countries)

Applications mailed to our office or dropped off in our drop box:

The fees accompanying a permanent residence application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars. Do not submit cash.

The fees accompanying a temporary residence application (i.e. to visit, study, or work temporarily) or a permanent resident travel document application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars or a postal order in British pounds.

Applications made in person at our office:

The fee accompanying applications made in person at our office for temporary resident visas or permanent residents returning to Canada requiring permanent resident travel documents can be paid in cash in Canadian dollars or in British pounds. The exact amount is required because no change is given. You may also pay by bank draft in Canadian dollars or by postal order in British pounds. All other fee payments must be made using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars

Payment by bank draft, bank cheque or postal order

A bank draft / bank cheque is a cheque issued by a bank payable to a person, in this case the Receiver General for Canada. The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque.

The bank draft, bank cheque or postal order should be made payable to the: RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA

Write your name and address on the back of the bank draft.

If your application is received at this office without the processing fee attached, it will be returned to you. In some countries, banks provide the service of forwarding your bank draft / bank cheque directly to this office. Please ensure that this is not done and that your fee accompanies your application.

Important: Bank drafts / bank cheques have limited validity. Ensure that your bank draft / bank cheque is not older than two months when it reaches this office...."

I was planning on sending a postal order - once I figure out whether or not a British passport holder needs to send an original passport for a TWP.... I hope that this wont be rejected.....
Old May 31st 2011, 12:52 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Sanjuk - let me assure you that I am by no means an 'on-line whizz' - much though I'd like to be! Somehow, I managed to bypass all the 'you can't pay on-line systems, and paid THREE times and it was accepted by every card, but wouldn't spit out a receipt! Then I got a receipt sent to my mother-in-law in Canada. It caused me endless delays, but eventually I got it paid! They were good about the refunds. Best of luck - If I got to vote on it, I would say that the MOST difficult part for this process for me so far has been the paying, it either would'nt let me or let me do it lots.
Old May 31st 2011, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MillieF
Sanjuk - let me assure you that I am by no means an 'on-line whizz' - much though I'd like to be! Somehow, I managed to bypass all the 'you can't pay on-line systems, and paid THREE times and it was accepted by every card, but wouldn't spit out a receipt! Then I got a receipt sent to my mother-in-law in Canada. It caused me endless delays, but eventually I got it paid! They were good about the refunds. Best of luck - If I got to vote on it, I would say that the MOST difficult part for this process for me so far has been the paying, it either would'nt let me or let me do it lots.
How did you get a refund?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:16 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Sanjuk, apologies, I didn't ignore you, but I wasn't here for a couple of days.

I'm probably in a bit of a different situation to you, as I am in France, and I went through the Canadian Embassy in Paris. It was by no means quick. My screwing up my payment in the first place, and inability to get a receipt delayed me two months. I got the refunds sorted between the credit card companies and the Embassy in Paris, but that was time consuming too. Best of luck.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MillieF
Sanjuk, apologies, I didn't ignore you, but I wasn't here for a couple of days.

I'm probably in a bit of a different situation to you, as I am in France, and I went through the Canadian Embassy in Paris. It was by no means quick. My screwing up my payment in the first place, and inability to get a receipt delayed me two months. I got the refunds sorted between the credit card companies and the Embassy in Paris, but that was time consuming too. Best of luck.
Many thanks ill be going on Wednesday to the embassy in London
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:35 am
Just Joined

seb77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello My friend !! I'm on the same boat .. I paid $ 550 to the Canadian high commission with the wrong method.. I spoke to my bank here in UK and they told me that they spoke to Barclays bank and they cannot get a refund as long as i did noty got in touch with the commission.. i emailed the Canadian high commision a copy of the payment receipt and explained what happened but i didnt hear anything since ..
Can you please tell me what did you do when you went to see them in London? i live in Birmingham so it is nto that far to go and sort this issue out..
thanks for your help
Old Jun 13th 2011, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seb77
Hello My friend !! I'm on the same boat .. I paid $ 550 to the Canadian high commission with the wrong method.. I spoke to my bank here in UK and they told me that they spoke to Barclays bank and they cannot get a refund as long as i did noty got in touch with the commission.. i emailed the Canadian high commision a copy of the payment receipt and explained what happened but i didnt hear anything since ..
Can you please tell me what did you do when you went to see them in London? i live in Birmingham so it is nto that far to go and sort this issue out..
thanks for your help
Ive posted 2 letters so far, both special delivery and both have been received (botrh last monday)but ive had no correspondance..so i am going to visit tomorrow morning
Old Jun 13th 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

seb77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard refund can take a long time to get it sorted .. wish you all the best .. please let me know what happened after your visit

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.