I T Alert!

Old Jun 10th 2004, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

trishie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I T Alert!

I've noticed that many of the more regular contributers to these forums are over-bored IT consultants. If you don't mind may I ask for some free consultation?
We have recently recieved the receipt of' The Application'. I am well aware that we are in for a lenghty wait, however, I would like to occasionally check it's status. This is where my problem lies; whenever I click the appropriate link on the CIC website all I ever get is the tedious"This Page Cannot Be Displayed" bit!
Why is this? Is there another link I can try? Can it really be so busy all the time? Am I alone??
Old Jun 10th 2004, 10:57 am
Just Joined

vishwanath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I T Alert!

Originally posted by trishie
I've noticed that many of the more regular contributers to these forums are over-bored IT consultants. If you don't mind may I ask for some free consultation?
We have recently recieved the receipt of' The Application'. I am well aware that we are in for a lenghty wait, however, I would like to occasionally check it's status. This is where my problem lies; whenever I click the appropriate link on the CIC website all I ever get is the tedious"This Page Cannot Be Displayed" bit!
Why is this? Is there another link I can try? Can it really be so busy all the time? Am I alone??

which catagory u applied. just use the online status on the www.cic.gc.ca and enter ur details to check your status.
if acnnot, check your browser requirements as per www.cic.gc.ca adn see if you can match
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:15 am
mickj

Hello darling,

Here is some consultation for you, just make sure that cheque is in the post, address is still the same, from last time

https://services1.cic.gc.ca/ecas/Aut...cret=clientNum

That is the link you need to check your status, if the page acts funny, just go back, and refresh the page, most of the time, it's problem with traffic that causes a page to not load.

mick

Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by vishwanath
which catagory u applied. just use the online status on the www.cic.gc.ca and enter ur details to check your status.
if acnnot, check your browser requirements as per www.cic.gc.ca adn see if you can match
We applied under the Skilled Worker class. Tried cic.gc.ca but same response. How does one check Browser requirements?

Trishie
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mickj
Hello darling,

Here is some consultation for you, just make sure that cheque is in the post, address is still the same, from last time

https://services1.cic.gc.ca/ecas/Aut...cret=clientNum

That is the link you need to check your status, if the page acts funny, just go back, and refresh the page, most of the time, it's problem with traffic that causes a page to not load.

mick
Ooooh, now that one worked, but it didn't like the number I put in, do these chaps need more time to let the information filter through, it's only been 10 days since the receipt came through.
Love Darling x
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:40 am
mickj

I guess am not the devil in disguise afterall Give it till the wekend, and try the number again. Also make sure you entering the number right, and you are using the right name, and country you are from.

Ooooh, now that one worked, but it didn't like the number I put in, do these chaps need more time to let the information filter through, it's only been 10 days since the receipt came through.
Love Darling x

Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mickj
I guess am not the devil in disguise afterall Give it till the wekend, and try the number again. Also make sure you entering the number right, and you are using the right name, and country you are from.

OK I'll give it more time, but for goodness sake's I may be dumb but I'm not blonde (any more) - I know my name and address!!
Cheers Darling, I shall use your devilish link in the future.x
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you are using 'File no' in the place of 'Client Id'. Try this link it might work.
https://services1.cic.gc.ca/ecas/Aut...tinue=Continue

OK I'll give it more time, but for goodness sake's I may be dumb but I'm not blonde (any more) - I know my name and address!!
Cheers Darling, I shall use your devilish link in the future.x
Old Jun 10th 2004, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

ciscoKidd is an unknown quantity at this point

You must also take into consideration that the website requires you to have 128-bit encryption. If you are using Internet Explorer earlier than version 6 you might only have 48-bit encryption by default. You will need to download 128-bit encryption pack from Microsoft Internet Explorer website. I can't say for other browsers.

Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by vajra
I think you are using 'File no' in the place of 'Client Id'. Try this link it might work.
https://services1.cic.gc.ca/ecas/Aut...tinue=Continue

HURRAH!...........Thankyou everyone, I know it sounds daft but it's rather exciting to see the 'In Process' words.

Errm, does this mean that all my paperwork was present and correct - it was a DIY job?
Old Jun 12th 2004, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

HURRAH!...........Thankyou everyone, I know it sounds daft but it's rather exciting to see the 'In Process' words.

Errm, does this mean that all my paperwork was present and correct - it was a DIY job?

I am sorry to break down to you, but it means nothing. I have been looking at those two words for months and they never change. You will see for yourself that those two words will be the most annoying ones you have ever seen in your life.

cheers,
~pk