Cashew is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: I Was Refused

Sorry to hear about your experience.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I Was Refused

Hi wfsl,

I admire your strength and the attitude of your kid.
Time flies so fast...who knows your child's wish will
come true in the future. Support your child's dream
and my prayers will be with you always. Cheer up!
Consider yourself still lucky.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

alton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by waitingforsolong
Hello Alton,

Yes you are right, I felt better now, after reading the forum. Actually, my friends told me that I am lucky because I easily get job here. I have an employer here, where I reported only half day with a good monthly rate. I also have a lot of clients here for my bookkeeping business. That's why I kept myself busy to forget everything, income tax deadline is fast approaching so I have to work double time to cope up with the deadline.

Thanks to everybody for comforting me in this lowest time of my life.
And here's some more:

http://www.discovervancouver.com/for...TOPIC_ID=10157
Old Mar 31st 2005, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

abrau is an unknown quantity at this point

Waitingforsolong, despite your failure you are still firm in sharing your traumatic experience to us. I know you are not the only one who was refused...unlike you, they are just probably dead silent not to narrate their ordeal anymore as it will cause only more pain. I salute your for being strong my dear. And remember: there is more beauty in life than Canada.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Inah is an unknown quantity at this point

Kaibigan,

I am always here if you need to speak to someone. I am so proud of your son, you have raised him well - determined, positive, sensitive, intelligent and kind. You are right; you are very fortunate to have your husband and son. You are a very strong and wise woman as well. You will overcome this, I know.

As with the message I sent you, God has plans for you. You will find this blessing as the answer to your questions someday. You'll know it when it comes. It will definitely be far better than you will expect.

Take good care. Stay hopeful. My prayers are with you.

Inah
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

waitingforsolong is an unknown quantity at this point

Before the interview, the applicant will take exam, t'was all about reading comprehension and writing skills, the time limit was 15 minutes.

Originally Posted by ThinkPad
thats really painful, nevertheless u still can have a life in ur home country, and maybe better than in Canada, who knows!

i have got two questions for you, first, what exam u were talking about, that u could finish in time?? u had to to write an english language exam during the interview or what?

secondly, as i remember, u are a pre-2002 applicant, arent u? so has your application been processed under the old or the new regulation?

BTW thank you for sharing ur experience
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder why did they ask you to take the exam prior to the interview if they knew that you were lacking IELTS. If you had the IELTS, will they still ask you to take the exam??

Before the interview, the applicant will take exam, t'was all about reading comprehension and writing skills, the time limit was 15 minutes.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Hello Abrau,

I decided to share it to everybody so that they (old applicant for interview) too can prepare for the worst thing to happen. After the interview, I promised myself not to open anymore my computer, but it was changed because as what I have noticed, only those happy endings were shared in this forum. I also want them to see the other side of the world for the refused applicant. It's not easy, I was not able to slept for 2 nights. I cried a lot, I felt migraine the following day because of lack of rest. It kepts on coming into my mind.

Now I'm a little bit better, but if they will refund me for the processing fee, much more better (but it's impossible). They are making money from the poor people of the Philippines. They gave us false hope just to get the money but in the end, nothing will happened.

Originally Posted by abrau
Waitingforsolong, despite your failure you are still firm in sharing your traumatic experience to us. I know you are not the only one who was refused...unlike you, they are just probably dead silent not to narrate their ordeal anymore as it will cause only more pain. I salute your for being strong my dear. And remember: there is more beauty in life than Canada.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Nope, no need to take the exam if you have an IELTS.

Originally Posted by Redwings
I wonder why did they ask you to take the exam prior to the interview if they knew that you were lacking IELTS. If you had the IELTS, will they still ask you to take the exam??
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

Nope, no need to take the exam if you have an IELTS.
It might be helpful if you take the IELTS and then apply again. I hope you don't feel you should give up on your dream.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

abrau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Waiting...,

That's why I salute you for regaining strength to accept the truth and face the world heads up after having through a valiant battle. Gob bless you and your family.

Hello Abrau,

I decided to share it to everybody so that they (old applicant for interview) too can prepare for the worst thing to happen. After the interview, I promised myself not to open anymore my computer, but it was changed because as what I have noticed, only those happy endings were shared in this forum. I also want them to see the other side of the world for the refused applicant. It's not easy, I was not able to slept for 2 nights. I cried a lot, I felt migraine the following day because of lack of rest. It kepts on coming into my mind.

Now I'm a little bit better, but if they will refund me for the processing fee, much more better (but it's impossible). They are making money from the poor people of the Philippines. They gave us false hope just to get the money but in the end, nothing will happened.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

garfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I read about your interview experience. I am about to be interviewed this April. I did not have IELTS also. I was hoping if you could give me some tips on the english exam. Sabay-sabay ba kayo sa isang kwarto mag-exam ng written tests? Dun sa interview, what are the usual questions being asked? I am glad you shared your experience even if it did not turn out fine. Nakakatulong ito sa maraming tao. Thank you.

garfield
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:14 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

TO ALL:

Last March 30 I was interviewed in CIC-manila. I was able to finished the written exam on time. Since I don't have IELTS, the visa officer gave me only 8 points for my English language, that resulted me to a refusal.

He told me to wait for the refusal letter (but I don't need it anymore). I tried to convince him to even gave me a chance to prove that I can be successful in there. But he just put off the light and walk away. It really made me cry, my 10 year old son hugged me and whispered me "Mama don't worry, I will bring you someday to Canada". My husband comforted me but still I really cannot accept it, considering the time wasted (4 years), effort and money.

Although I hate sharing my experience here but I want to make it a lesson to all old applicant to take IELTS.

But my question is, I have a neighbor before, he was not able to finished highschool but he was petition by his sister and yet he was able to survive in Canada. Why they cannot give a chance to those who are professional? Because of that IELTS? It's easy to speak fluently if we are in Canada because everybody speaks english.

But anyway, I tried to start all over again. I am still lucky because I have my son and my husband.

It is so unfair as clearly there are new migrants to Canada who do not have even a rudimentary skill level in English. I was surprised when a cab driver in Toronto was unable to understand English.

But, life isn't fair, and you will find that the whole experience of the application, moving, and then eventually finding a job there, will be full of difficulties and obstacles, but, don't ever give up on your dreams. It might be a setback at the moment but things happen for a reason I've found, and you will get there, with the grace of God.

Good luck, I sincerely hope that in a few years time when you are finally in the Country of your dreams, you will look back and realise that it was worth persevering.

Last edited by Covenant; Apr 7th 2005 at 9:18 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Inah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garfield
Hello,
I read about your interview experience. I am about to be interviewed this April. I did not have IELTS also. I was hoping if you could give me some tips on the english exam. Sabay-sabay ba kayo sa isang kwarto mag-exam ng written tests? Dun sa interview, what are the usual questions being asked? I am glad you shared your experience even if it did not turn out fine. Nakakatulong ito sa maraming tao. Thank you.

garfield
There have been some postings here on interviews in the Canadian Embassy in Manila. You may try searching for it under Manila. Centauri shared his family's experience, and you'll learn from it.

Try visiting Pinoy to Canada and Pinoyexchange.com websites also. One suggestion though, aside from knowing your profession and company/s by heart, you should anticipate major questions about adaptability and integration. How are you (and your family) preparing for your move, i.e. cost of living, schools for kids, the job market and how do you expect to pursue your skill/profession in that area. Research, print, and bring these with you together with your necessary documents. BTW, don't forget about possible questions on your settlement funds.

Paghandaan mo mabuti ang interbyu. Ang mga English tests, tip ko lang, mas simple, mas mabuti ang gamitin mong mga salita, iyung sigurado ka sa ibig sabihin at kung paano bigkasin. Importante rin pala ang pleasant disposisyon. Balikan mo rin yung lumang batas at tandaan ang mga puntos doon kasi ang assessment ninyo, kung pre-2002 applicant ka, sa luma at bago kaya mabuting alam mo ang mga puntos mo.

Sana makatulong ito sa iyo. Good luck!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Hello Garfield,

I was called together with another applicant who has an IELTS, his hubby has a sister in Canada, but she did not put an NOC in one of her forms and no personal networth (kaya dapat prepared ka sa lahat). Pero di ko na alam kong pasado sya or hindi. Since I don't have an IELTS, I took a written exam, that Beijing China olympics, there were 5 questions, another was an essay (Most unforgettable experience on my trip/travel). The examiner watched me for the whole 15 mins. After that, I went back to the waiting area for an interview. First question was, what is your job? (dapat alam mo ang job description bago ka pumasok). Second was, tell me about your employer, the nature of the business. By the way, what is your course? Then, he asked me, if I know how much is the rent in Vancouver, what will I do to find a job there. After those questions, he showed me his computations in the computer, the old and new regulations. He only gave me 8 points in my language, one more thing, he asked me if I have a CPA license considering I finished BSC-Accounting. Unfortunately, I don't have a license, I was too busy that time because after graduation I got a job.

You are still fortunate, because I seldom open my internet since then, for what reason do I still have to check this website? I don't know what's came into my mind. Presently I keep myself busy to forget that experience, that deadline for income tax helps me a lot. I work up to 2am and wake up early to seat again in front of my computer to cope up with the deadline. Now I can smile already, I want to do the things I ought to do for a long time for waiting that useless thing.

Goodluck to your interview, I hope it would be good news and good experience for you and your family.