I Was Refused

Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforsolong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I Was Refused

TO ALL:

Last March 30 I was interviewed in CIC-manila. I was able to finished the written exam on time. Since I don't have IELTS, the visa officer gave me only 8 points for my English language, that resulted me to a refusal.

He told me to wait for the refusal letter (but I don't need it anymore). I tried to convince him to even gave me a chance to prove that I can be successful in there. But he just put off the light and walk away. It really made me cry, my 10 year old son hugged me and whispered me "Mama don't worry, I will bring you someday to Canada". My husband comforted me but still I really cannot accept it, considering the time wasted (4 years), effort and money.

Although I hate sharing my experience here but I want to make it a lesson to all old applicant to take IELTS.

But my question is, I have a neighbor before, he was not able to finished highschool but he was petition by his sister and yet he was able to survive in Canada. Why they cannot give a chance to those who are professional? Because of that IELTS? It's easy to speak fluently if we are in Canada because everybody speaks english.

But anyway, I tried to start all over again. I am still lucky because I have my son and my husband.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

ThinkPad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I Was Refused

Originally Posted by waitingforsolong
TO ALL:

Last March 30 I was interviewed in CIC-manila. I was able to finished the written exam on time. Since I don't have IELTS, the visa officer gave me only 8 points for my English language, that resulted me to a refusal.

He told me to wait for the refusal letter (but I don't need it anymore). I tried to convince him to even gave me a chance to prove that I can be successful in there. But he just put off the light and walk away. It really made me cry, my 10 year old son hugged me and whispered me "Mama don't worry, I will bring you someday to Canada". My husband comforted me but still I really cannot accept it, considering the time wasted (4 years), effort and money.

Although I hate sharing my experience here but I want to make it a lesson to all old applicant to take IELTS.

But my question is, I have a neighbor before, he was not able to finished highschool but he was petition by his sister and yet he was able to survive in Canada. Why they cannot give a chance to those who are professional? Because of that IELTS? It's easy to speak fluently if we are in Canada because everybody speaks english.

But anyway, I tried to start all over again. I am still lucky because I have my son and my husband.
thats really painful, nevertheless u still can have a life in ur home country, and maybe better than in Canada, who knows!

i have got two questions for you, first, what exam u were talking about, that u could finish in time?? u had to to write an english language exam during the interview or what?

secondly, as i remember, u are a pre-2002 applicant, arent u? so has your application been processed under the old or the new regulation?

BTW thank you for sharing ur experience
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

TO ALL:

I'm sorry to hear of your sad news Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I think youshould continue with the positive outlook of your son. Take the test and try and again.

Your determination and preservance will surely shine through. Good luck for now and the future.

Best Wishes

Kay
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:41 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what to say, 4 years!! What a nightmare.
Is there any chance you can take the exam and re-apply?
Old Mar 31st 2005, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

They processed me under the old and new, but still because I only got 8 points in the English language, I did not reached the passing mark.

Originally Posted by ThinkPad
thats really painful, nevertheless u still can have a life in ur home country, and maybe better than in Canada, who knows!

i have got two questions for you, first, what exam u were talking about, that u could finish in time?? u had to to write an english language exam during the interview or what?

secondly, as i remember, u are a pre-2002 applicant, arent u? so has your application been processed under the old or the new regulation?

BTW thank you for sharing ur experience
Old Mar 31st 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

As of the moment, I don't want to do it anymore. It's hurting me and I'm afraid to gamble.

Originally Posted by Bleech
I don't know what to say, 4 years!! What a nightmare.
Is there any chance you can take the exam and re-apply?
Old Mar 31st 2005, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

As of the moment, I don't want to do it anymore. It's hurting me and I'm afraid to gamble.
It naturally to feel low after all the enough and time. Time is a great healer and hopefully you'd feel better and be in a position to reassess your priorities then.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road

TO ALL:

very sorry to hear your sad experience...it made me sad, really! four years is a huge time but you didn't waste your time during this useless wait! You have a nice family and you can try another time to immigrate somewhere else...I wish you all the luck and keep us posted!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel sorry for you kabayan.

Here in Canada, there are so many oath takers who could not even spell their name in English. But they are granted citizenship. There are so many who came as caregivers, you can ask why yours did not push. You had your chance and you learned your mistake the hard way. For sure there is something out there waiting for you other than coming to Canada.

Chill up, and you're no longer waiting. If you want another shot, try australia, its closer to home and quicker process.

TO ALL:

Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:45 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Redwings
I feel sorry for you kabayan.

Here in Canada, there are so many oath takers who could not even spell their name in English. But they are granted citizenship. There are so many who came as caregivers, you can ask why yours did not push. You had your chance and you learned your mistake the hard way. For sure there is something out there waiting for you other than coming to Canada.

Chill up, and you're no longer waiting. If you want another shot, try australia, its closer to home and quicker process.
There really is not much I can say. This is horrifying.

All I can do is whish you luck and a bright future.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:49 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mhhp
There really is not much I can say. This is horrifying.

All I can do is whish you luck and a bright future.
a real sad thing; but i guess there is a better future waiting fr u....
best of luck in whatever u do!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

alton is an unknown quantity at this point

TO ALL:

Maybe if you read this you might feel a little better:

http://www.canadaimmigrants.com/forum.asp
Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Hello Alton,

Yes you are right, I felt better now, after reading the forum. Actually, my friends told me that I am lucky because I easily get job here. I have an employer here, where I reported only half day with a good monthly rate. I also have a lot of clients here for my bookkeeping business. That's why I kept myself busy to forget everything, income tax deadline is fast approaching so I have to work double time to cope up with the deadline.

Thanks to everybody for comforting me in this lowest time of my life.

Originally Posted by alton
Maybe if you read this you might feel a little better:

http://www.canadaimmigrants.com/forum.asp
Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

ella69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that is so unfair, I know a couple of people here who cant even construct a sentence. But they came as international students then later applied for PR. Sometimes it makes you wonder what criteria they use.
Good Luck, remember there is certainly something better out there
Old Apr 1st 2005, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

I don't want to add more to your pain, it is a very sad news. You have my sympathy. Didik

QUOTE=waitingforsolong]TO ALL:

But anyway, I tried to start all over again. I am still lucky because I have my son and my husband.[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.