Wikiposts

I received two Letters

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bluegrass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I received two Letters

I applied for skilled independent migration in 2001-1-4 (very early) in Damascus visa office.

Recently I've received the Rasolzadeh notice, and a letter from CHC informing me that they are expecting to begin processing 2000 applicants at the end of 2004, and they are unable tp estimate when to begin with after 2000 applicants.

First, how should I respond to the Rasolzadeh notice, agree or siagree, and whar are the consequences of both decisions?

Second, does the later letter reflect the real situation? I have many friends who applied very close to me in later 2000 have their cases finalized and in the same office.

Thanks.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 1:49 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I received two Letters

Originally Posted by Bluegrass
I applied for skilled independent migration in 2001-1-4 (very early) in Damascus visa office.

Recently I've received the Rasolzadeh notice, and a letter from CHC informing me that they are expecting to begin processing 2000 applicants at the end of 2004, and they are unable tp estimate when to begin with after 2000 applicants.

First, how should I respond to the Rasolzadeh notice, agree or siagree, and whar are the consequences of both decisions?

Second, does the later letter reflect the real situation? I have many friends who applied very close to me in later 2000 have their cases finalized and in the same office.

Thanks.

What correspondence or instructions have you received directly from the visa office during the processing of your case since it was submitted? That is important to determine the answer to your questions.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

First I got File No.
Second I got new forms and IELTS
Third this letter
No interview or medicals
Old Dec 4th 2004, 3:55 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

First I got File No.
Second I got new forms and IELTS
Third this letter
No interview or medicals
The notice offers you the chance to have your application processed according to the old regulations. You should consider whether you might pass under the new regulations and, if not, then you should consider accepting the settlement offer even though you will wait quite a while before they get to your application.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: I received two Letters

Thanks for your help.

But why should I wait for too long to be assessed under the former regulations?
Is this kind of a penality?

I have no way to pass the new ones, and accepting this notice means I will be waiting for 8 years before getting a decision.

As a former visa officer, why are they doing so, working hard on newer applications and cursing the 2001 applicants in every possible way?
Old Dec 5th 2004, 1:30 am

Thanks for your help.

But why should I wait for too long to be assessed under the former regulations?
Is this kind of a penality?

I have no way to pass the new ones, and accepting this notice means I will be waiting for 8 years before getting a decision.

As a former visa officer, why are they doing so, working hard on newer applications and cursing the 2001 applicants in every possible way?
The department has promissed to process the cases as follows:
1. those submitted in 1999 or earlier, by February 1, 2006;
2. those submitted in 2000, by February 1, 2007;
3. those submitted in 2001, by August 1, 2008.

It is not generous but then there are practical reasons why it cannot be done more quickly. They have only so many resources to apply to the problem. Be patient and you will eventually "prevail".
Old Dec 5th 2004, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: I received two Letters

Wow!

This mean that those lawyers involved in the case suite are the main cause of our mistreatment by CIC, right?

If so then they hurt us, and added to our frustration more and more...we have reason to freak out... :scared:

Anyway, well there is no chance for me to receive anything before that date August 2008. Is this what we got from Rasolzadeh?
Old Dec 5th 2004, 5:28 am

Thumbs down Re: I received two Letters

Wow!

This mean that those lawyers involved in the case suite are the main cause of our mistreatment by CIC, right?

If so then they hurt us, and added to our frustration more and more...we have reason to freak out... :scared:

Anyway, well there is no chance for me to receive anything before that date August 2008. Is this what we got from Rasolzadeh?
I support the lawsuit because the deparment was trying to ignore its responsibilities by assessing applications in a system that the applicants did not apply under. The idea was to refuse any that did not meet criteria that were unknown when they submitted their applications. That would have meant that their applications were dead from the start!
Old Dec 5th 2004, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Then it could be a miracle that I will ever receive anything in the beginning of the next year?

I know well that applicants under the old-regualtions will benefit from both old and new regulations. And I received a letter about long ago informing me so.

But it seems that some lawyers like Rasolzadeh want to add to our frustation for some reason, who knows?????