I really need some help please..

Old Oct 15th 2011, 1:44 am
Just Joined

TH1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I really need some help please..

Hello,
I am new to this site and i am trying to have some info about immigrating to Canada with an arrest and NO conviction. I have been looking everywhere and posted questions in other sites but with no luck .Hopefully someone that went through the process with the same situation will be able to help . I have been looking through the rehabilitation thread but some things are still unclear to me.
Ok 11 years ago i was arrested and charge with assault and reckless conduct (same incident) I end up with first offender probation for 12 months and a fine,it's a deferral of judgement or adjudication in some other state. The plea of guilt was set aside and was never entered during the time i was on probation ( so its not like a suspended sentence where the guilty plea is entered ) .At the end of the probation i was discharge with no guilt and no conviction and all rights restored.
Now i need to know if i will need to do any rehab application?
I was thinking of getting all the court papers about the discharge and all police record and of course to mention the arrest .
But i have been reading a lot and some people in some post say that even if you are not convicted you might still need it because of the " committed an act provision". But in the ENF2 manual page 11 it clearly says ways where that provision would not be used .
3.9 the trial concluded and no conviction results (for example acquittal,discharge,deferral)
In the same manual i found US dispositions that are NOT convictions for Canadian immigration.
So if i was not convicted how do i present my this issue ? and why would i need the rehab application ? Thanks for helping.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 4:55 am
Just Joined

TH1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I really need some help please..

Anyone please ?
Old Oct 15th 2011, 5:07 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I think the problem is that no one here will have much experience of the impact of US legal proceedings on Canadian immigration. You might have more luck if you can ask a moderator to move your post to the immigration section.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 5:08 am
Banned

expatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really nice

If you were in UK I would say apply for the Police Criminal Check and see what it says. However, I think you are in the states and I really don't have a suggestion for you.

Yes, 2 Stars! **= 50 bits of drivel
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

I expect that you have already tried, but you could seek the advice of a Canadian immigration lawyer.