Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I really need her in Canada! Sponsoring a fiancee

I really need her in Canada! Sponsoring a fiancee

Old Jan 18th 2002, 1:17 am
Ryszard Ochudzki

I've browsed through old posts and have some additional questions

1. what should I be concerned about when filing application to sponsor a spouse ? I
know it takes longer but how much longer? (financial obligations, interview, marry
within 90 days, anything besides that I should be concerned about ?)
2. How long does it take approximately nowadays in case of Warsaw embassy ? (I'll ask
them myself anyway but they have reflexes of a chess player)
3. My fiancee has previously applied for a tourist visa, application was rejected,
would this cause a problem ?
4. Does the embassy keep a file consisting of the written application for a tourist
visa, my invitation etc. or is it just an electronic record ?
5. Timing is important to me, to marry in Poland I would have to wait for six months
minimum, then there is additional waiting period related to sponsoring a spouse,
that is why I am considering sponsoring a fiancee, but at the same time I am
afraid that it may take longer.
6. I can supply additional documents - phone bills, letters (including stamped
envelopes), engagement ring bill (she wears it all the time), I have pictures of
her, she has mine, but we never appear together on them (scrap the idea of showing
the pictures during the interview ? ) anything else ?

What I am afraid of is having the application left in a limbo for God knows how long.

Thanks in advance for any help.
R.

Old Jan 18th 2002, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Jonathan Fon is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear R.:
1. what should I be concerned about when filing application to sponsor a spouse ? I know it takes longer but how much longer? (financial obligations, interview, marry within 90 days, anything besides that I should be concerned about ?)

I THINK THAT YOUR CASE IS TO SPONSOR A FINANCE IN LANDING PROCESS. FINANCIAL OBLIGATION IS MANDATE, MEANING THAT YOU HAVE TO FOLLW LICO STANDARD TO MEET REQUIREMENT. INTERVIEW WITH YOUR FINANCE AT AN OVERSEAS VISA POST IS QUITE PROBABLE. WHEN THE PERSON COMES IN, WITHIN 90 DAYS GET MARRIED AND WITHIN 180 DAYS SUBMIT THE APPLCATION CASE.

2. How long does it take approximately nowadays in case of Warsaw embassy ? (I'll ask them myself anyway but they have reflexes of a chess player)

THAT IS A TOP PRIORITY CASE. IT IS REALLY HARD TO SAY SEPECIFIC TIMING AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS OF VISA POST.

3. My fiancee has previously applied for a tourist visa, application was rejected,would this cause a problem ?

NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

4. Does the embassy keep a file consisting of the written application for a tourist visa, my invitation etc. or is it just an electronic record ?

YES. USUALLY IN TWO YEARS.

5. Timing is important to me, to marry in Poland I would have to wait for six months minimum, then there is additional waiting period related to sponsoring a spouse,
that is why I am considering sponsoring a fiancee, but at the same time I am afraid that it may take longer.

YOU HAVE TO MAKE CHOICE.

6. I can supply additional documents - phone bills, letters (including stamped envelopes), engagement ring bill (she wears it all the time), I have pictures of
her, she has mine, but we never appear together on them (scrap the idea of showing the pictures during the interview ? ) anything else?

DETAILS SOUND OK. PHOTOGRAPHS OF FAMILY GROUP WITH YOU OR YOUR FINANCEE WILL DO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOU TWO.

What I am afraid of is having the application left in a limbo for God knows how long.

Thanks in advance for any help.
R.