Wikiposts

I need help with Work Permit

Old Jun 15th 2002, 1:22 pm
Cramp

Default I need help with Work Permit

I have a very interesting story (sad). I came into Canada in November 2000 to study.
I graduated from Devry in 2002, and I got a job after graduation. I read on the CIC
website that I could apply for an EA after graduation, and I did but was refused
twice. I was told that my employer should apply for the authorization. A couple of
days ago, I got another job, and my employers are willing to file for EA for me. But
unfortunately they have never done this before. So they called HRDC and they told
them they can't get me one because I was previously refused, and they gave them 6
different conditions that they should meet. My question is that after I have studied
for a full year and wish to practice my knowledge what can I do to secure an EA, so
that my education in Canada will not be in vain. If you have any advice for my
employers please pass it on to me so that I can relate it too them. Thank you.

Cramp

Old Jun 16th 2002, 12:08 pm
None Noner

Default Re: I need help with Work Permit

You should yourself, or your prospective employer, retain the services of an
experienced immigration lawyer speicalizing in Human Resources. Without detailed
discourse on what the conditions were when you were previously refused, and the
impacts of your current situation, there is no way to say what should be done now.

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server -
http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Jun 16th 2002, 4:36 pm
Goal

I was refused initially because they said i did not graduate from a degree granting
school. And look at what i found on cic website

" This OM clarifies existing employment provisions for foreign students and their
spouses. Post-secondary Institution: These employment provisions only apply to
full-time students (or spouses of students in the case of E07, and graduating
students in the case of E08) in attendance at an educational institution which meets
the following criteria: It must be a university, community college, CEGEP, publicly
funded trade/technical school, or private institution authorized by provincial
statute to confer degrees. For the purposes of these employment provisions, the
limitation noted in the
IP8/OP10 manual chapters to institutions only described in section 10(a) of the
Immigration Act is incorrect. These provisions apply to all post-secondary
institutions described above, not solely to degree-granting institutions. The
following provisions apply to all full-time [as defined in
R17(1)(a)] programs of study (including ESL/FSL) at a post-secondary educational
institution as defined above. "

So I am really confused now, cause the web page says I am elligible, but i was
refused twice.

Thank you for your help

Old Jun 16th 2002, 4:53 pm
Andrew Miller

There must be another reason for the refusal. Qualified graduates are eligible to
apply for EA valid for up to 12 months from their graduation only if job is in line
with their field of education and if they file application for EA within specified
period from the graduation notice - if those basic requirements are not met then
normal job offer validation process applies.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address
before sending email)

"Goal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I was refused initially because they said i did not graduate from a degree granting
    > school. And look at what i found on cic website
    > " This OM clarifies existing employment provisions for foreign students and their
    > spouses. Post-secondary Institution: These employment provisions only apply to
    > full-time students (or spouses of students in the case of E07, and graduating
    > students in the case of E08) in attendance at an educational institution which
    > meets the following criteria: It must be a university, community college, CEGEP,
    > publicly funded trade/technical school, or private institution authorized by
    > provincial statute to confer degrees. For the purposes of these employment
    > provisions, the limitation noted in the
    > IP8/OP10 manual chapters to institutions only described in section 10(a) of the
    > Immigration Act is incorrect. These provisions apply to all post-secondary
    > institutions described above, not solely to degree-granting institutions. The
    > following provisions apply to all full-time [as defined in
    > R17(1)(a)] programs of study (including ESL/FSL) at a post-secondary educational
    > institution as defined above. "
    > So I am really confused now, cause the web page says I am elligible, but i was
    > refused twice.
    > Thank you for your help

Old Jun 16th 2002, 5:20 pm
Goal

That was the sole reason I was given for my refusal, and I was told to tell my
employer to apply for me. Please tell me what you think I can do. I have applied
thrice now, and the recent job I just secured is very promising and my employers are
ready to file but they have never secured an EA for anybody in the past. They want my
employers to prove that I am the only avaliable person for the job.

Thank you

Old Jun 16th 2002, 5:52 pm
Andrew Miller

I don't want to be rude here but I have to be somehow blunt - this newsgroup is
designed to give answers and tips to simple problems and very basic questions only.
What you need after a refusal is a lawyer - go and hire one.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address
before sending email)

"Goal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news[email protected]...
    > That was the sole reason I was given for my refusal, and I was told to tell my
    > employer to apply for me. Please tell me what you think I can do. I have applied
    > thrice now, and the recent job I just secured is very promising and my employers
    > are ready to file but they have never secured an EA for anybody in the past. They
    > want my employers to prove that I am the only avaliable person for the job.
    > Thank you

Old Jun 17th 2002, 12:08 am
Goal

Thank you I appreciate it