I need help here

Old Mar 22nd 2021, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Pjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need help here

Hi all I’m paul a newbie here 38 yrs old. I’m looking advice for live and work in Canada. Doesn’t really matter what part of the country. I work in health and social care with Glasgow city council under HSCP for 3 years now here in Scotland & I have svq level 2 health and social care & I’m meant to be going for Alzheimers training if covid would stop. I live alone so it’s just me and my cat that coming along and I don’t want to be longer than a year.

thank you.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 2:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need help here

Originally Posted by Pjs1982
Hi all I’m paul a newbie here 38 yrs old. I’m looking advice for live and work in Canada. Doesn’t really matter what part of the country. I work in health and social care with Glasgow city council under HSCP for 3 years now here in Scotland & I have svq level 2 health and social care & I’m meant to be going for Alzheimers training if covid would stop. I live alone so it’s just me and my cat that coming along and I don’t want to be longer than a year.

thank you.
Hi, welcome to BE.

You only want to go for a year? It's a lot of money and hassle just for a year, and in all honestly I don't think it would be worth it.

But you need to see if you would be eligible for a visa as a first step, you can start with that here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

HTH, best of luck.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Pjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond repute

No sorry I mean I don’t want the move over there to take longer than a year. Sorry I never thought ppl would think that’s what I meant
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 3:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No sorry I mean I don’t want the move over there to take longer than a year. Sorry I never thought ppl would think that’s what I meant
Ah, I see! That makes far more sense.

Whether it takes longer than a year or not will depend on your visa route and whether you need a job offer to get a visa or not. So start with the link above and then you can let us know what it says and we can help you work out how long any visa application will take.

Old Mar 22nd 2021, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Ok thank you I’ll do that just now.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi it’s says I need to take a language test. How do I go get this done?
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

IELTS. Google it.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 4:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi it’s says I need to take a language test. How do I go get this done?
For some visas, yes you’d need to sit an English exam. But the eligibility test is only to give you an idea for now, so just answer as if you’ve taken IELTS, you can assume max scores for now as a native speaker.

HTH.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 3:59 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thank you I’ll do that just now.
I recommend following the steps in the guide in our wiki written by our awesome Christmasoompa - and then posting back with the results
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick..._by_step_guide
Old Mar 24th 2021, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi I just done the eligibility form and says something about care for people with high medical needs pathways.
What does that mean and what should I do next more important?
Old Mar 24th 2021, 8:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi I just done the eligibility form and says something about care for people with high medical needs pathways.
What does that mean and what should I do next more important?
That’s odd. That’s a pilot program but it’s only for people who’ve worked in Canada for at least 2 years, have you done that?

Can you copy & paste and tell us exactly what it says?
Old Mar 24th 2021, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

No I haven’t don’t that before. I may have clicked on the wrong direction of the form.

ive tried to copy and paste the results but it won’t let me.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 9:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

ive tried to copy and paste the results but it won’t let me.
Sometimes it's not allowed via the mouse but Ctrl+C (for copy) and Ctrl+V (for paste) may work. Alternatively a screen shot?
Old Mar 24th 2021, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

I tried that too still said the same thing
Old Mar 25th 2021, 7:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I tried that too still said the same thing
Ok. Screenshot maybe?

That’s really odd as that program is only for those with Canadian work experience and it was a pilot that’s closed now anyway. You can see full details of it here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...cal-needs.html

Can I just check you’re using the link I gave you above, to the official site? You’re not using any third party website?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.