Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I live in Canada with PR, kids now want to come, help!?

I live in Canada with PR, kids now want to come, help!?

Old Sep 18th 2017, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I live in Canada with PR, kids now want to come, help!?

The passports were not stamped, through reading CIC information, this just means they were eligible to stay for 6 months. My evidence will be a court order from the UK family court that the children are to reside with me.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 10:50 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cchris
The passports were not stamped, through reading CIC information, this just means they were eligible to stay for 6 months. My evidence will be a court order from the UK family court that the children are to reside with me.
I believe it also has to state that you have permission to remove them from the jurisdiction that they were ordinarily resident in. This usually states permanently remove or puts special restrictions on. Your lawyer would be able to advise.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute

Hello folks, long time no update.

Yesterday was the court final date. The judge ordered that my son is to live with me until he is 16, my daughter just turned 16 so he has given her freedom to choose if she stays in Canada or returns to the UK.

The kids are still here as visitors, their visitor permit expires at the end of July. Can anyone point me in the right direction of info pertaining to applying for PR within Canada, the kids were on my original application as accompanying dependents. I have not searched for information yet, I will begin as soon as I've made this post. I will also likely make an appointment with the local Immigrant Welcome centre as they have been very helpful in the past.

cheers, Chris
Old Jun 27th 2018, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, I've figured out that I need to apply for another extension on their visitor permit and apply for Family Class sponsorship for them. I know what paperwork I need to complete and also know how to do it.
Next question...
Whilst the children wait for documents would they be able to visit the UK and return to Canada, or would that be up to the Immigration officer at point of entry?
Thanks.
Old Jun 28th 2018, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cchris
Ok, I've figured out that I need to apply for another extension on their visitor permit and apply for Family Class sponsorship for them. I know what paperwork I need to complete and also know how to do it.
Next question...
Whilst the children wait for documents would they be able to visit the UK and return to Canada, or would that be up to the Immigration officer at point of entry?
Thanks.
Personally I would wait until they have been granted visitor extensions before travelling. You have a complicated case so why make it more complicated by letting them travel without the extension being granted bearing in mind the extension could be refused by IRCC.
Old Jun 28th 2018, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. That’s great news!!!

When we were applying we needed the fathers permission right up to the age of 18 despite it being 16 in England. Might be worth checking that out?