Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I have some question for the experts

I have some question for the experts

Old Oct 21st 2002, 10:13 am
Just Joined

carlosxcabezas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have some question for the experts

Hello.

I am 32 years old Venezuelan, married

I am thinking about moving to Canada and have explore the following posible paths of actions to follow.

1. Apply for a PR visa and wait probably more than a year to be admited as a canadian permanet resident, this is a good option but takes some time, I have taken some assesment test and I am actually getting about 76 points in the Canadian migration system.

2. Go to Canada to take a training in computers networks leading to a cisco certification, I think this training is not going to do any damage to my carrer and can help me to find a job after graduation ¿can somebody tell me how canadian law work in this speciffic matter? ¿If I got an offert from a canadian company after finishing a training in canada, can I actually stay in canada and under which conditions? ¿what happen if I resign or If I am fired? ¿how is the demand of networking proffesionals in canada?
I have also hear that under canadian law if I am a full time student and hold an studen visa my wife can actually get a open work permit ¿is this true? (I have the money to pay for the training and also to pay living expenses for me and my wife but is better if we can get some extra money)

3. Follow a paralel path, that is begin application for the PR visa, and then go to study for canada, in this case ¿can I begin the migration procedure in my home country, move to canada and continue the procedure from there or I have to be moving between canada and my actual country to get the visa?

In this case ¿how many trips do you think I have to take?.

thank you for your help.