Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I have just Landed in Toronto-dilemma

I have just Landed in Toronto-dilemma

Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:33 am
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I have just Landed in Toronto-dilemma

Hi Ibi,

I have read the link which Biiiiink mentioned in her reply. But i think in ur case it will start after three months as u will be going from ontario to manitoba? Am i right Biiiiink?

Ibi please read the link

Regards

Newlooks

Originally Posted by ibi
Thank you for your replay. How far is Manitoba from Toronto"
THanx
Old Feb 15th 2005, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just refered your case to our hospital and indeed you have to pay everything either in Ontario or Quebec.

You have to go to a doctor first to assess if your wife would undergo a normal or caesarian deliver. At our hospital it will be $2,112 for the mother and $867.00 for the baby per day. If she needs a Caesarian Delivery, you also have to pay for the Anaesthesiologist. The price would depend on how well established is the hospital. A lot of money.

If you go to Manitoba, they might ask for your landing documents and I hope you could convice them that you intend to stay in Manitoba.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newlooks
Hi Ibi,

I have read the link which Biiiiink mentioned in her reply. But i think in ur case it will start after three months as u will be going from ontario to manitoba? Am i right Biiiiink?

Ibi please read the link

Regards

Newlooks
Yeh, that's what the lady I've been emailing at Manitoba health told me. If you've applied elsewhere in Canada, you count as moving province. You need to make one of these places the first place you apply for healthcare when you arrive in Canada or else it won't work

I don't think Manitoba can help Ibi, I was just posting info on this so that others could consider this in deciding where they land/take up residence/register for healthcare. Sorry if I raised your hopes Ibi. Good luck to all the new mummies and daddies

Biiiiink
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonG
I would say fly home and then return later, but isn't there a limit (number of weeks pregnant) at which an airline won't let somebody fly?
That will cause a problem because then the baby won't be a Canadian citizen and will need to be sponsored for migration. PRs cannot sponsor from outside Canada, according to Andrew Miller.

Jeremy
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:43 pm
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ibi
Dear all;
I have just landed in Toronto three days ago with my wife, 3 yrs son and 2 yrs daughter. My wife is 8 month pregnant and she is supposed to deliver a baby next month. I have applied for a health insurance and there is a three months waiting period before your health insurance is effective. Next month when my wife delivers the baby she would not be covered by insurance and as a result we would pay 10,000 Canadian dollars for the hospital that she would deliver in.
I have also inquired about buying a private insurance plan and all the private insurance plans don’t cover a pre-existing healthconditions such as pregnancy and delivery.
I am stuck right now and there is no way on earth that I can pay 10,000 dollars for having my wife deliver in a hospital.

I need an urgent recommendation/advice please on how to deal with that dilemma. Your help is appreciated.

I know it will cost a lot of money if there is no other option, but your BABY and FAMILY and LIFE in Canada is worth it. You should be proud of yourself for getting as far as you have and giving your new babies the opportunity to live and grow in Canada. Count your blessings - everything will work out the way its intended to be. Again, small monthly installments is also good - its like what you'd pay per month on video rentals... well, hey - there's always a way to make it more relative....
Good luck and fret not.
Fluffy