Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I have got Rasolzadeh class action After my PR Visa

I have got Rasolzadeh class action After my PR Visa

Old Dec 1st 2004, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Raska will become famous soon enoughRaska will become famous soon enough
Default I have got Rasolzadeh class action After my PR Visa

Hi

It's almost 5 months passed from the time i have got my PR Visa and landing papers and I am preparing to move to Canada. But today i received a letter titled " Notice of proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit in Canada" on Rasolzadeh class action.

Is this something related to me or i should ignore it?

Thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Deev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I have got Rasolzadeh class action After my PR Visa

Originally Posted by Raska
Hi

It's almost 5 months passed from the time i have got my PR Visa and landing papers and I am preparing to move to Canada. But today i received a letter titled " Notice of proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit in Canada" on Rasolzadeh class action.

Is this something related to me or i should ignore it?

Thanks
I guess doesn't affect you.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Deev.

I'd appreciate having some other experts' ideas on this too.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Raska et al

Thank you Deev.

I'd appreciate having some other experts' ideas on this too.
It does not effect you. Read the proposed settlement, in it there is a statement:

persons who submitted an application seeking an immigrant visa before January 1, 2002, in the skilled worker, self-employed, entrepreneur and investor categories (referred to in subsection 8(1) of the former Immigration Regulations, 1978), excluding provincial nominees and those destined to Quebec:

whose applications had not received a selection decision before April 1, 2003;
whose applications were refused after March 31, 2003 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied on or before December 31, 2004;
whose applications were withdrawn on or after January 1, 2002 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied or or before December 31, 2004; or
whose applications were refused under the Immigration Act and then referred back by the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, or the Supreme Court of Canada, and were awaiting a decision on December 1, 2003; and

PMM
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Raska et al

It does not effect you. Read the proposed settlement, in it there is a statement:

persons who submitted an application seeking an immigrant visa before January 1, 2002, in the skilled worker, self-employed, entrepreneur and investor categories (referred to in subsection 8(1) of the former Immigration Regulations, 1978), excluding provincial nominees and those destined to Quebec:

whose applications were refused after March 31, 2003 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied on or before December 31, 2004;
whose applications were withdrawn on or after January 1, 2002 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied or or before December 31, 2004; or
whose applications were refused under the Immigration Act and then referred back by the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, or the Supreme Court of Canada, and were awaiting a decision on December 1, 2003; and

PMM

Thanks PMM. That was a relief.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Raska et al

PMM

Hi PMM

It’s me again. There is something still bugging me and I need to double check it with you and that is:

Now that I already have the immigrant visa in my passport with the landing papers in my hand, Does it matter when my application dates were?

Since I applied in 99 and didn’t get the conclusion on my file until March 2004 BUT on April 2004 I received my Immigrant visa.

Thank you

Last edited by Raska; Dec 3rd 2004 at 1:14 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 2:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Hi PMM

It’s me again. There is something still bugging me and I need to double check it with you and that is:

Now that I already have the immigrant visa in my passport with the landing papers in my hand, Does it matter when my application dates were?

Since I applied in 99 and didn’t get the conclusion on my file until March 2004 BUT on April 2004 I received my Immigrant visa.

Thank you
No, nothing matters now.

PMM
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

No, nothing matters now.

PMM
Thanks for your reply. Just one more thing, "nothing matters now" does it mean it may matter in future? and a general question is if there is any situation that an issued visa be called off?

Thanks again
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Just one more thing, "nothing matters now" does it mean it may matter in future? and a general question is if there is any situation that an issued visa be called off?

Thanks again
You got your visa, stop worrying, just land before it expires.

PMM
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You got your visa, stop worrying, just land before it expires.

PMM
:-) well, i take your advice and thank you again.